Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Editorial Where the Hawke Rests

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: BioWare; Dragon Age 2

<p>SteveGarbage of the Greywardens, the man who thinks <a href="http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=46561" target="_blank">everything's gonna be alright</a>, examines the <a href="http://greywardens.com/2010/07/examining-the-settings-surrounding-dragon-age-2s-protagonist/" target="_blank">settings surrounding Dragon Age 2&prime;s protagonist</a>, Commander Hawke.</p>
<blockquote>
<p style="text-align: left;">We also know that Nathaniel Howe squired in the Free Marches for eight years prior to returning for the events of Awakening and specifically spent at least one year in Kirkwall. Assuming he spent a good portion of his adolescent and young adult years there, we can see that life in the Free Marches returned this arl&rsquo;s son to Ferelden as a somewhat cold but fiercely competent warrior. It took four of the Vigil&rsquo;s guards to subdue him, he is&nbsp;fit enough&nbsp;both physically and mentally to survive the Joining and is strong enough to keep step with the Warden Commander in the quest to defeat the Mother.</p>
<p style="text-align: left;">The Free Marches show that life there is not going to be easy for Hawke and that the potential for both danger and adventure is high. The Marches themselves are an excellent place to mold Hawke into a warrior and a man capable of taking on heroics beyond that of normal men.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>Well, it's a well known fact that RPGs are about genociding all lifeforms that are hostile, have loot or give XP when killed so I think that when it comes to a nice darkspawn genocide Commander Hawke looks like he can get shit done beyond the means of mortal men.</p>

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
"Well, it's a well known fact that RPGs are about genociding all lifeforms that are hostile, have loot or give XP when killed so I think that when it comes to a nice darkspawn genocide Commander Hawke looks like he can get shit done beyond the means of mortal men."

So true. I still fondly rmember slaughtering the goblin village in Ultima and that blue smurf thingie village in baldur's gate. Good times.

Turok

Erudite
Trash said:
"Well, it's a well known fact that RPGs are about genociding all lifeforms that are hostile, have loot or give XP when killed so I think that when it comes to a nice darkspawn genocide Commander Hawke looks like he can get shit done beyond the means of mortal men."

So true. I still fondly rmember slaughtering the goblin village in Ultima and that blue smurf thingie village in baldur's gate. Good times.

Poor Goblins.

I don´t understand why in every game, monsters attack you when they see you, i mean if i saw someone with a fucking big armor and 2 uzi and a bazooka and i just have a stick why i am going to attack that guy? crazy.

Norfleet

Because it always comes down to red vs. blue. Either a monster is red, meaning it attacks you, or blue, meaning it doesn't attack you (and you may not even be allowed to try to attack it). This last part, when you aren't allowed to attack it, gets particularly vexing when monsters abuse their ability to turn their red/blue state around at will and cheat so that they can't be killed until they can perfectly surround you and reposition your party in the most asinine way possible first.

kanenas

Educated
Norfleet said:
Because it always comes down to red vs. blue. Either a monster is red, meaning it attacks you, or blue, meaning it doesn't attack you (and you may not even be allowed to try to attack it). This last part, when you aren't allowed to attack it, gets particularly vexing when monsters abuse their ability to turn their red/blue state around at will and cheat so that they can't be killed until they can perfectly surround you and reposition your party in the most asinine way possible first.

and thats why the good doctors gave us wands of cloudkill

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom