Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Deus Ex: Human Revolution Trailer

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Deus Ex: Human Revolution; Eidos Montreal

<p>Watch the <a href="http://tgs.gamespot.com/video/6276250/?tag=topslot;thumb;4" target="_blank">latest trailer</a> for Deus Ex: Human Revolution from TGS 2010, showing Jensen going totally Robocop on his enemies. He even shepardizes someone by throwing him out of the window.</p>
<p> </p>
<p><em>thanks Krokar!</em></p>

Krokar

Scholar
Is the protagonist voiced by the same voice actor as Simons from first DX?

waywardOne

Arcane
two things:

1. adam jensen fights more like Altair than JC Denton, i.e. move the character close to an enemy then press A to perform a silent knockout, B to headlock for interrogation, or C to kill.

2. more telling than they intended that the credits at the end look just like those during an actual movie trailer at the cinema.

i'm writing this one off already.

spekkio

Arcane
This SquareEnix logo at the beginning tells averything you should know about this game. It's gona be shit.

I'm courious when/if they're going to show some actual gameplay...

R.I.P. JC Denton, you were fine lad back in the day.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Just another CGI trailer. Not enough for me to go into nerdrage mode. Adam's voice sure sounds strange. As for JC, he rests in pieces since IW.

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
ghostdog said:
Just another CGI trailer. Not enough for me to go into nerdrage mode. Adam's voice sure sounds strange. As for JC, he rests in pieces since IW.
Well, this is a prequel, JC hasn't even been made yet.

J1M

Arcane
Voice acting was a lot better than expected.

bert

Arcane
Plenty of 'epic' cinematic movie OMG!!! shit, which is standard operating procedure for Square Enix. Still, I guess I'll remove from inventory and try atleast once :thumbsup:

hal900x

Augur
Jap. Jap Jap Jap. The stilted, vaguely awkward voicing. The "alternate future" mode where somehow we've advanced technologically 100 years in 17. The simplistic Asian morality play. Lots of hackneyed philosophical musings on the nature of human existence, but they won't be relevant to the gameplay. Yep, this is Square Enix.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
How much does this suck a big one?
Let me count the ways!

So, another CGI trailer and this game is getting released when?

Diablo 3 is getting released how much later and we've already seen god knows how much gameplay, whereas here we've seen what in terms of gameplay, a total of 10 minutes?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Major_Blackhart said:
Let me count the ways!

Diablo 3 is getting released how much later and we've already seen god knows how much gameplay, whereas here we've seen what in terms of gameplay, a total of 10 minutes?

Good or bad, Blizzard is one of the few companies that still show gameplay videos.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
FeelTheRads said:
Major_Blackhart said:
Let me count the ways!

Good or bad, Blizzard is one of the few companies that still show gameplay videos.

And that even though their cinematics are usually better than those of most other companies who like showing cinematic trailers...

And wasn't Square Enix just supposed to do the cutscenes?

SoupNazi

I'm pretty sure they do, which is why most of what we've seen from the actual game doesn't actually look gay and gold&black.

jazzotron

Liturgist
I imagine there will be a random encounter every three steps of movement...

denizsi

Arcane
waywardOne said:
adam jensen fights more like Altair than JC Denton, i.e. move the character close to an enemy then press A to perform a silent knockout, B to headlock for interrogation, or C to kill.

I've been saying that all along.

Also like Alpha Boretocol.

zeitgeist

Magister
Here's a screenshot of the allegedly complex and engaging hacking minigame.

I shall let it speak for itself.

denizsi

Arcane
Shhh, post-post-modern newfags will declare you to be an EDGY!! guy for bringing that to our attention. After all, a single hacking mini game that looks like a joke doesn't mean the game will suck so you better shut up.

ironyuri

I have not played Assassin's Creed but the trailers for DX3 remind me of the trailers for AC 1 and 2.

When I first heard about the game I was intensely interested but that sense has slowly deflated.

It doesn't make much sense- Starcraft 2 by and large redid Starcraft with better graphics.

Deus Ex remains one of the more popular fps/rpg style games of all time yet rehashing the gameplay with updated graphics is impossible because they need to innovate?....

If people are still playing DX1 today they're doing it for a reason... if not the graphics... perhaps the gameplay? So why the fuck do we need "innovation"?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom