Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Two Worlds II Preview

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Reality Pump Studios; Two Worlds II

<p>Manapool <a href="http://www.manapool.co.uk/two-worlds-ii-preview/" target="_blank">features a preview</a> of Reality Pump's <strong>Two Worlds II</strong>. A few epic trailers are embedded in the article too.</p>
<blockquote>
<p>For those people who are really intrigued by now but have not been following the development of this game closely, here are some other bits and bobs of information about Two Worlds II, as available at the present:</p>
<ul>
<li>The complex magic system DEMONS enables the creation of individual spells with the aid of spell cards. Naturally the player can combine different spell cards and this means that an almost endless number of different spells can be created.</li>
</ul>
<ul>
<li>CRAFT technology symbolizes a revolutionary metallurgy system which enables the player to individually design his own weapons and armor. The possibilities are practically endless. The appearance and quality of objects can be modified using various &ldquo;basic ingredients&rdquo;, like metals, woods and dyes. And magic artifacts also boost the value of the player&rsquo;s best creations. All creations can be broken down into their individual parts and can then be reused.</li>
</ul>
<ul>
<li>The advanced ecosystem also addresses the type of store, the amount of merchandise available and the reputation of the player when fixing prices. This means that profit margins can be really high if the player&rsquo;s buying and selling behavior is handled intelligently.</li>
</ul>
<ul>
<li>The introduction of light-linked, physical effects enables completely new benchmarks as far as atmosphere is concerned. Lanterns swaying in the wind or sputtering fire torches are calculated with their cast shadows in realtime and integrated into the game. The result of this is a uniquely realistic light design.</li>
</ul>
</blockquote>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.rpgwatch.com/#16044">RPGWatch</a></p>

Misterhamper

Scholar
Damn I'm excited for this game! I liked the first one alot (only played with v1.7 and some mods)

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
The different crafting systems sound sweet, have to probably make a caster or a ranged character though; the melee combat animations still look pretty terrible in the trailers.

AnalogKid

Scholar
TW2 or DS3? Hmmmm, where should my brainless bashing circle-jerk grinding entertainment dollars (and hours) go?

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
It's done. They're running copies off the gold and are packaging as we speak. Release to continental Europe is supposedly Nov 11th, USA/UK/AUS/NZ have to wait until January of next year.

I'm importing. :smug:

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Looks quite fine but I'll wait for the release to decide about it. Part one sucked so I am rather wary.

Crispy said:
It's done. They're running copies off the gold and are packaging as we speak. Release to continental Europe is supposedly Nov 11th, USA/UK/AUS/NZ have to wait until January of next year.

I'm importing. :smug:

If I were you, I would wait until the slightly more finished version comes to your shores...going by the last instalment.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Blackadder said:
If I were you, I would wait until the slightly more finished version comes to your shores...going by the last instalment.
I completely skipped on TW because of all the negative impressions of the initial release. Was the final product, at 1.7, any good? what about the "epic edition"? (is that just a pre-patched 1.7, as far as SP goes?) To put it bluntly, is it a "good" Oblivion?

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Sceptic said:
Blackadder said:
I completely skipped on TW because of all the negative impressions of the initial release. Was the final product, at 1.7, any good? what about the "epic edition"? (is that just a pre-patched 1.7, as far as SP goes?) To put it bluntly, is it a "good" Oblivion?

I liked it. Epic is a pre-patched 1.7. For me it was a bit like Oblivion meets Gothic and was enjoyable enough. I'm not a loot whore and it was too Diablo like in that respect what with the 40 thousand different bits of armor and weaponry with slightly different stats, but I could live with that.

I like exploring and the world was nice enough to get my fix.

What can I say? The bugs are pretty much gone and it's a solid game with a good skill tree, quite a few dodgy design decisions, a lot of crap dialogue, and an impressive world to explore.

Each to his own I guess. Get the 'free' version if you want first. Lucky for me it was on the cover of a magazine here in Romania not long ago so I got it for 3 dollars and think I got my moneys worth :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom