Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Alpha Protocol Named Nominee For Prestigious Award

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Alpha Protocol; Obsidian Entertainment

<p><strong>Alpha Protocol</strong> receives the honour of being dubbed a nominee for this years <a href="http://pixelapocalypse.com/pixel-apocalypse-golden-turd-award-2010/" target="_blank">Golden Turd Award</a> over at Pixel Apocalypse.</p>
<blockquote>
<p>Because no matter how shiny it is, a turd is still a turd. Here are your nominations for the Golden Turd award of 2010&hellip; If you have not done so yet, click here to cast your vote for the Pixel Apocalypse &ldquo;Better Than Jesus&rdquo; award for 2010!</p>
</blockquote>
<p>Of course it does have strong competition, Final Fantasy XIV, Final Fantasy XIII, The Force Unleashed 2 and Alien vs. Predator: Rebellion respectively. Will Alpha Protocol manage to capture a well-deserved victory? We'll have to wait and see.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p><em>Thanks to </em><span class="postbody"><em>CrunchyHemorrhoids for pointing this out.</em><br /></span></p>

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Wut? It may be bad in many areas, but it's certainly way better than FF13 and 14 combined.

hanssolo

Educated
How absurd, AP isn't a shiny turd, it's a turd turd. Do they really consider AP to be 'polished'?

Felix

Arcane
AP has more votes than turd unleashed 2? :decline:

At least FF is at the top

Angthoron

Arcane
I like their "Better than Jesus" list. Alas, I'm afraid none of those games is capable of treading waters, healing horrible diseases, forming a cult following spanning well over a millennium, reforming hookers and turning wine into water. The latter would be especially important, as it would be a means to make some of the list's games enjoyable.

Unless of course they meant it as a better crucifixion target, in which case all of them will do.

Silellak

Cipher
No Arcania = why does this poll even exist? Or maybe it's worst game besides Arcania?

I wasn't thrilled with Alpha Protocol, but it certainly wasn't anything approaching worst game of the year.

Cassidy

Arcane
There are many shittier, but more hyped games around deserving of such nomination. Like for example, Fallout 3 and Fable. Not that AP doesn't suck, but they are even worse.

grotsnik

Arcane
I think Alpha Protocol falls under the 'Games It Was Fashionable For Gaming Critics To Shit All Over ' category here. Hence its inclusion.

AndymanhairaX

Educated
DraQ said:
Sceptic said:
Voting is rigged. It's the Florida debacle all over again. I was going to vote FF14 but it registered my vote as AP instead.
I'd assume quite a few AP votes to be meant for Final Faggotry XIV, the poll layout is inherently confusing.
FIVE GAMES. FIVE BUTTONS.

Yes, very complicated.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom