Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Alpha Protocol Named Nominee For Prestigious Award

DraQ

Arcane
AndymanhairaX said:
DraQ said:
Sceptic said:
Voting is rigged. It's the Florida debacle all over again. I was going to vote FF14 but it registered my vote as AP instead.
I'd assume quite a few AP votes to be meant for Final Faggotry XIV, the poll layout is inherently confusing.
FIVE GAMES. FIVE BUTTONS.

Yes, very complicated.
The buttons are above the titles instead of below. It's easy to make mistake if one clicks hastily and clicking hastily is typical method of interaction with "lol which gaem is shit???" type of poll.

AndymanhairaX

Educated
You shouldn't make a decision like this in just a few seconds. Take your time, this is an important poll. What's the shittier game? Final Fantasy XIII or XIV?

Drakron

Arcane
DraQ said:
I'd assume quite a few AP votes to be meant for Final Faggotry XIV, the poll layout is inherently confusing.

I doubt that because from what I heard FF:XIV is beyond broken ... no surprise people would vote for it.
Also FF XIII is ahead of AP.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
AP had its flaws, but it isn't certainly doesn't deserve to be compared to Force Unleashed 2 or FF14.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
2jfio84.jpg

Achilles

Arcane
Bullshit. The fact that these next-gen cretins at Pixel Apocalypse didn't like the game is practically a glowing recommendation for everyone with a bit of taste in gaming. I'm surprised they didn't put NV in there.

Seolas

Liturgist
Wasn't that bad, it got some things right and had some cool ideas. Much better game than Mafia II, which should be on the list for promising so much and delivering such an empty world. Mafia II was the biggest c0cktease in a long time, especially as it started so well and had such a well made world.

Alexandros said:
The fact that these next-gen cretins at Pixel Apocalypse didn't like the game is practically a glowing recommendation for everyone with a bit of taste in gaming.

The same glowing recommendation that goes for them final fantasy and force unleashed games? Wonderful taste AP fans have.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
CrunchyHemorrhoids said:
Alexandros said:
The fact that these next-gen cretins at Pixel Apocalypse didn't like the game is practically a glowing recommendation for everyone with a bit of taste in gaming.

The same glowing recommendation that goes for them final fantasy and force unleashed games? Wonderful taste AP fans have.

Fuck off prosper. Don't you have a dickmonster to model?

commie said:

What's wrong commie, worried that alpha turd might actually win an award? Ashamed of your coprophilia? It fits well with the faggots, trannies and furfags.

I take it this nick is too close to home for you butthurt types.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
CrunchyHemorrhoids said:
commie said:

What's wrong commie, worried that alpha turd might actually win an award? Ashamed of your coprophilia? It fits well with the faggots, trannies and furfags.

I take it this nick is too close to home for you butthurt types.

You'd wish you could create something as good as AP that instills in others such feelings of inadequacy and self-loathing that they lash out at it in a futile gesture of defiance.

Drakron

Arcane
DriacKin said:
They should've nominated New Vegas for this award, methinks.

Why?

Alpha Protocol is a very flawed games but those are poorly implemented (its started as realistic spy game and ended up as a ME clone) and the patch for it come ... what? SIX MONTHS after release?

I could say that Force Unleashed II does not belong there either since as far I was able to see its not technically broken ... its just a short, uninspired game with some rather boring combat. Its a shiity game by its design and not implementation.

Same goes with FF:XIII were it disappointing aspects are being a linear corridor "RPG" with a combat system that pretty much plays by itself, its production values are high but that is it (I also fucking hate the story and the characters).

Fact is Alpha Protocol is a shitty game, both because Obsidian fucked up during development and because Sega bailed out by not wanting to further support it ... its not a diamond in brute, its a piece of coal.

New Vegas is the typical Obsidian game that is published by Bethesda, its bugged but its being fixed, nothing on the game besides the buggy release makes it a bad game.

Garm

Learned
DriacKin said:
They should've nominated New Vegas for this award, methinks.

No fucking way New Vegas or AP are even close to the level of shittiness that Aliens vs. Predator contains. Goddamn that game was such a terrible letdown.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Merkwürdigliebe said:
I have a very hard time taking that site seriously.
This.

Also, I'm playing AP right now, and it feels like Mass Effect, but, I don't know, what's the opposite of 'dumbed down' - 'wisened up'? I really wish ME series went this way (multiple mission paths, actual C&C, character build really impacts the gameplay) instead of gearsofwarification, since I consider spy thrillers rather meh but am a sucker for space opera.

Still, I wouldn't call it an RPG. Too much focus on the player skill.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Yeah, ME2 would have been far better had it featured some other way of getting through missions ala AP. Some stealth, ghosting, non-lethal, multiple paths, etc. would have helped no end. It's stupid that paragon Shepard slaughters everyone in every mission even when they are only incidental enemies looking for someone else and not initially hostile.

I'm not even talking about grandiose changes to turn-based iso or whatever.

Even this small APfication of ME would have exponentially increased it's fun factor, and really the essence of the missions in both games is the same, using the same engine so why the fuck didn't Bioware do this? It would actually help make the differences in classes to pick from useful for a start!

As it is now, the stealth guy is almost exactly the same as the soldier guy apart from being able to hold a different weapon!

It's too much to ask I know but I would love ME3 to at least take some of what AP did on board, just to break up the insane monotony of the missions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom