Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News BioWare Forum Ban Locks Player Out of His Games, Again

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: BioWare; Dragon Age 2

<p>After the <a href="http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=56842" target="_blank">unfortunate glitch</a> which lead to the banning of the EA account of some poor sod resulting in him not being able to use his game or DLC or both, and after the perfectly <a href="http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=56949" target="_blank">credible response</a> of some BioWare employee it appears that the <a href="http://gamingbolt.com/ea-bans-yet-another-dragon-age-2-player" target="_blank">same pesky bug</a> happened again.</p>
<blockquote>
<p>Hey guys, funny story here which mirrors another story that was present on these boards a few weeks ag but this one is actualy worse. My EA account has been permanently banned (tez19) and therefore like the other guy cannot access my DA2 game or DLC. Just would like to throw this out there for people to talk about. Unlike the poster before me i did not call EA the devil or insult EA or Bioware in any way. In fact I did insult other people who were insulting members of Bioware (The guy [Towering Fury] for wishing death on David Gaider and another poster who was typing racial remarks towards Stanley Woo). I am very disappointed as anybody would be that My games and DLC have been disabled and my EA account has been permanently banned. I guess people who said you shouldn&rsquo;t register your games to your account were correct. Unfortunately it seems EA has lost another customer.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>You should buy all DLCs anyway.</p>

Black

Arcane
It's a bug. Again. Obviously a bug created by 4 chainers and Codexers.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Some Biotard said:
Unlike the poster before me i did not call EA the devil or insult EA or Bioware in any way. In fact I did insult other people who were insulting members of Bioware (The guy [Towering Fury] for wishing death on David Gaider and another poster who was typing racial remarks towards Stanley Woo).
It wouldn't happen to have been undercover Codexians who trolled this guy so hard he lost his temper and was banned from his games? :D
:thumbsup:

The more, the merrier.

Edit: I assume this person was previously one of the Bio Defence Force who was caught in the crossfire? How are his comrades taking the news that one of their own has now been hit? I suppose they will turn on him now.

Untitled-1.png

Hahahaha..

Phelot

Arcane
I don't understand why they think they can just ban people from playing games they fucking bought. Pretty fucking criminal.

Vault Douchebag and Dark Ovenload should add something like this into AoD, along with every game on GoG, so that if you get banned on the Codex you can no longer play any of those games ever again. :smug:

That's one way to deal with Andhaira... and the second way is to put a bullet through his skull.

Sarcastic Moral of the Story: Don't fight with EA or they will take YOUR ball and go home.

Real Moral of the Story: Don't buy EA products.

---
Truth is, sure if he is a dick on the forums and what not, then banning him from the forums is fine.
Taking away access to a product he paid for is not, be it the game, DLC, or whatever else.

His use of the products he paid for does not "disrupt the community"... just the forum access.

jiujitsu said:
Solution: Don't post on the BioTurd forums.

I still have fond memories of bashing people there back before the day NWN2 was released... with Volourn of all people. But now a days? Hell... it's not worth it.

Ps. And to make matters worse: Consider the fact that Imageshack doesn't allow us to post links here anymore... what if EA decides to do the same in the form of blanket bans for everybody who is a member of the prestigious gaming magazine known as the Codex? This will probably happen seeming as most of us brag about pirating their games as well :oops: But I guess it'd all be worth it to see Racofer and Jaesun rage about losing their DLC.

Norfleet

Stereotypical Villain said:
Ps. And to make matters worse: Consider the fact that Imageshack doesn't allow us to post links here anymore...
I don't see how imageshack can "not allow you to post links HERE", seeing as Imageshack cannot know where you are coming from unless you have a browser security problem that is leaking referral data to third-parties. Get RefControl to avoid these problems, this is a fairly noteworthy security threat that allows people to track you.

what if EA decides to do the same in the form of blanket bans for everybody who is a member of the prestigious gaming magazine known as the Codex? This will probably happen seeming as most of us brag about pirating their games as well
And how exactly are they going to ban pirates? Pirate Cat doesn't pay for his downloads. Do what you want cuz a pirate is free, you are a pirate, right?

If being Derp Age 2 is not enough reason not to play it all, all this is certainly a very good reason NOT to buy it! I, for one, am not willing to actually play this on the grounds that even playing it may be interpreted as supporting it. Lately I've gotten very picky about what games I'm willing to even admit to playing, and this ain't one of them.

Dyskolos

Cipher
There are even typos and compositional errors in the ban notification above. Professionalism across the board at EA.

Jaesun said:
ortucis said:
He got banned for defending BioWare's honor?

He was banned for this thread and his comments.
The banned user said:
Well as i have stated i have apologized for the senseless remark and removed it, of course i do not wish that on anyone as i have seen firsthand the damage it causes. I just think if he had experienced it then he would not use the word so mindlessly. I am sure i will get banned from the forums because of it and that is fair as it was a bad thing to say. Also it would probably be a good thing for me as reading what alot of these 'trolls' have to say has incensed me.

:/

Micmu

Magister
I love how OP was attacked by idiots such as this tes and soccermoms "who have experience with rape/victims" and the word "rape" shouldn't be used in this context, etc... I hope they get raped, beaten and raped again, in fact, their whole family and a dog.
What a shithole to post in. :roll:

ortucis

Prophet
He is going to join Codex, isn't he? Unless he is already here..

:o

Shannow

Waster of Time
tez19 wrote...

I hope your mother/sister/girlfriend/fiance/wife/daughter gets raped.
Then you will not use that word in the disgusting way you have.
Leave rape alone!

Wasn't even defending Daatoo but butthurt about the usage of the word "rape". I'd have to agree. "tasteful rape" gets on my nerves as well, not as much as the racism. But I'd have to agree, anybody who wishes for "tasteful rape" in his game should be required to be raped first.

Will EA now ban my account? :M
I'll to use the "but I was only defending Daatoo" excuse, too. I'm sure that'll win some hearts and minds.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Vault Douchebag and Dark Ovenload should add something like this into AoD, along with every game on GoG, so that if you get banned on the Codex you can no longer play any of those games ever again. :smug:

That's one way to deal with Andhaira... and the second way is to put a bullet through his skull.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Try the bullet first. If that doesn't work, go for the nuclear option.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom