Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Troika's FAQ of Bloodlines Troubleshooting

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
How can I enable the console?

a. Right-click on the shortcut you use the launch the game
b. Select properties
c. Make sure you are on the shortcut tab
d. At the end of the target line add -console, add this outside of the quotes
e. The finished line should look like this if you have the game installed to the default directory:

"C:Program FilesActivisionVampire - Bloodlinesvampire.exe" -console

f. Hit ok, make sure you launch the game using this shortcut

OK, this doesn't work at all for me. The console launches at start-up, displays some error messages, and won't turn off.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Yeah, when you have console active it starts up with the main menu. Just hit tilde key like Exit said or click on the X in the upper right corner of the console box and it will shut down and the main menu options will appear. Minor nuisance, but liveable.

Cyprian

Novice
please help

please help

when i go to last round after sabbat leader killing and talk with prince -
becket say wait, i can't move and nothing more is doing

Cyprian

Novice
big thx for reply, but i don't know what ring
who give me that ring?

Cyprian

Novice
hmm..
but who
in the game is lots of vampires
i must reply my saved games?

Cyprian

Novice
thx for answer
i must do something wrong becouse i haven't this ring
thx and i go search for this ring

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Jed said:
The Malvalkian one.

You're a right bleeding bastard. You know that right? I'm fucking laughing so hard I can barely type this and I'm in tears. Dude......

[Edit: Someone needs to sticky this post. What a classic moment. What ring? LOL!!!]

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Troika doesn't do troubleshooting. that's the publisher's job. Therefore, this thread is an illusion. I'm not posting in this thread. Neither are any of you.

need more info...

Otaku_Hanzo said:
Yeah, when you have console active it starts up with the main menu. Just hit tilde key like Exit said or click on the X in the upper right corner of the console box and it will shut down and the main menu options will appear. Minor nuisance, but liveable.

Ok i have done all of the stuff i have been told to activate the console... i open the game using the shortcut and it all opens as normal... none of the stuff discused by anyone else happens... i have no idea what i am doing so i will appologise now... but when i am in the game trying to do the other stuff to take me to the next level nothing seems to happen... the main thing i want to know is, is there anything that is supposed to happen when i press the "~" key? is there supposed to be something for me to type in? oh and when i press it do i also have to press shift?... i bet i sound like a dickhead... i am sorry but i really want to finish the game... if you could spell it out for me that would be great!!! thanks heaps :?

Greatatlantic

Erudite
First state what you are trying to accomplish, then maybe I can help you. Are you simply trying to get the console to appear in the first place? Or are you trying to get commands to work? You post left me unsure of what your problem is.

Shadow Aspect

Novice
I'm thinking the console isn't appearing.

@blonde: I've not used the console in Bloodlines, but I imagine it's similar to most other games. You press the key, and it appears - it might just be a box you can type into, it might also show a list of recent actions.

Did you add the -console part to the shortcut command line?

The key to activate console might be ~ or `, depending on your layout, but it will definitely be the one next to your '1' key, and above your Tab key (Tab will probably be marked something like |<-- -->|)

Greatatlantic

Erudite
One of the most common mistakes when it comes to activating the console is where you put the -console line. It goes in the TARGET box that comes up when you right click and select properties of a shortcut. It then goes right after the line in quotations, with out a space. It does not go in the quotations, it just goes right after, like this--

...exe"-console

Then you just use tilde to open and close it. If you close it using the wrong method the game might freeze up, but thats easily avoidable once you figure out what you are doing.

Rat Keeng

Liturgist
One of the almost as common "mistakes", is the difference between keyboards cross countries. The tilde key, as has been said, is the key to the left of 1, and just above Tab, which on my keyboard is a half sign and a freaky symbol i can't remember what's called (½ and §).

Greatatlantic said:
First state what you are trying to accomplish, then maybe I can help you. Are you simply trying to get the console to appear in the first place? Or are you trying to get commands to work? You post left me unsure of what your problem is.

i am getting on the boat as i am trying to leave the society of leopold.... the game shuts down every time... i was reading the previous advice and did all of the adding the -console etc. but when i get into the game... move to the boat (but not on it) and press the key that everyone has been discussing... nothing happens at all... i am trying to get to the next level and i know what to type in but dont have anywhere to type it... thank you everyone that has replied... you have all been great... sorry i am so slow... lol... sorry i was so brief before... thank you again :D

Greatatlantic

Erudite
The v1.2 patch, available at numerous sites such as www.fileplanet.com or www.gamespot.com, should fix the problem, but it won't work if you've already started the level. If you're starting from a saved point within the catacombs, or even sooner I'm not certain, then you'll still get the crash.

Anyways, about the console. If you've done everything right, then hitting the tilde brings up an interface that you can type commands into. Its what developers use to test and try the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom