Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Bloodlines Patch Due Shortly

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Tags: Troika Games; Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

I've received word from the German gaming sites <a href=http://gameswelt.de/pc/news/detail.php?item_id=46089>Gamesweb</a> and <a href=http://www.pcgames.de/?article_id=337847>PCGames.de</a> that the patch for Bloodlines is due shortly. The patch reportedly fixes the sound stutter problems (as per the latest Half Life 2 patch) Quest-related bugs and a variety of 'others'. Hopefully <b>respawning monsters</b> are one of the the fixed 'others'. The patch is reported to be currently in the works, and will be released as soon as possible. A PR Manager (Shane DeFreest?) from Activision gave provided them with the details.

miserychick

Novice
Neat. Tho aside from the stutter, the only bug I've had has been some bad textures, mostly blood spatter in places like the "movie sets" in hollywood.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Oddly enough, I never had any problems with Bloodlines. No stuttering or bugs. That respawning bit was annoying though...

Ah well, patches are always nice. Bring it on. :wink:

Mendoza

Liturgist
I'm guessing a patch to put some persuasion options and alternative routes into the last third of the game would be a little optimistic

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
So, when do people crdit Troika *only* for the patch and continue to bash Activision?

R00fles!

Sol Invictus

Erudite
The biggest bugs I can think of off-hand are the stutter, the blood textures that appear and dissapear (this seems to happen to the woman in the glass jar in the Malkavian mansion), the savegame bug that makes you automatically attack if you reload, teleporting civilians, and the horrible lag in some places, like the Hollywood hub, which has got to be the worst lag ever. Turning down the settings doesn't seem to fix any of the framerate issues I have with it.

Funktion

Novice
Don't forget the elevator bug at Asylum. I got stuck there 3 or 4 times so far...

Jinxed

Liturgist
I played this game for 2 weeks so far and it's safe to say it has tons of scripting errors.

On a side note, across the Last Round a part of a quest takes place. If you look around that certain area at that time, there will be a decapitated head. You can play basketball with it and if you score you'll hear a cheering sound. Pretty funny shit.

I cant get past the Leopold stronghold, crashes once I get on the boat to escape. Anyone else come across this. Its basically put a hold on the game since i cant progress at all.

DemonKing

Arcane
I only got the game yesterday and am enjoying it so far, however I really wish I could use the mouse to select dialog tree options - its annoying having to grope for the 1. key all the time since I use the keypad for movement in games with FPS style movement.

Surlent

Liturgist
I suggest using WASD keys instead. You got more keys closer that way, especially SPACE, ALT, CTRL, TAB and number keys.

Hope Troika makes few good patches that fix most if not all gameplay problems.
I just arrived to Chinatown and so far the only problem with the game has really been some of the respawning monsters. The zombie sidequest in Hollywood where you try protect city gates is impossible to beat for my Tremere character even with blood salvo and 9.mm uzi.
How can you possible guard both of the gates at the same time ? Even when running between them it's impossible.

Mr. Hand

Novice
Exitium said:
The biggest bugs I can think of off-hand are the stutter, the blood textures that appear and dissapear (this seems to happen to the woman in the glass jar in the Malkavian mansion), the savegame bug that makes you automatically attack if you reload, teleporting civilians, and the horrible lag in some places, like the Hollywood hub, which has got to be the worst lag ever. Turning down the settings doesn't seem to fix any of the framerate issues I have with it.

Heh, tell that to that troll who kept insisting that turning off EAX was the solution to all
my problems.

Self-Ejected

dojoteef

Self-Ejected
Mr. Hand said:
Exitium said:

Heh, tell that to that troll who kept insisting that turning off EAX was the solution to all
my problems.

Ironic that you should mention this while quoting Exitium. He is the one that mentioned turning EAX off was the solution, here and here, :D.

Or were you subtly taking a jab at Exitium that I was too blind to see?

Jinxed

Liturgist
These framerate issues, what do you mean?

What I have is after I load, it stutters for a bit like crap. Especially after long periods of playing. Right after a reboot however, it runs well. I guess this is the major memory leak I read about somewhere. I don't know how it is with eax on though, I turned it off before I even played. I'll try it out. :P

fnordcircle

Liturgist
Frowning at my monitor as I read your dumb post.
What's strange is that the Santa Monica hub was much more choppy for me than the LA hub despite seeming no different in size.

The Santa Monica Beach level brought me down to around 6 or 7 FPS which is just murder.

I've got everything turned down for both graphics and audio, too.

Jinxed

Liturgist
That's strange. When I start, Santa Monica works like a dream, no loss of framerate at all. Later on in the game when other hubs are available, it gets its dose. The game runs at aprox. 30 frames for me, depening on how many disciplines are on the screen. Fire, smoke and steam effecs bring it down considerably though. In some zombie infested areas, I also get some loss of framerate. I thought that a change of resolution had no effects, but it does when there are the above mentioned things happening on screen. Otherwise no difference. Enviremental sound has no effect.

The loss of framerate you get at the beach could come from the fireplace, fnordcircle.

My rig:

Athlon xp 2500
512 ram
Radeon 9600 pro (overclocked a bit)

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Jinxed said:
The loss of framerate you get at the beach could come from the fireplace, fnordcircle.

Yeah, that and the rain are my two biggest framerate killers in Santa Monica. Downtown and Hollywood are okay. Definitely not as bad as SM with the two aforementioned effects going. Chinatown has been kind to me so far. Just got there basically though, so we'll see. Probably could be done with the game by now, but I took a couple days break to play Halflife 2 at my friend's. Was really disappointed in that game, by the way. Airboat levels were kick ass, but other than that, Far Cry is the better FPS for sure.

Back on topic though, it would be nice if the patch added some features as well as fix bugs. I like patches that do that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom