Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Witcher 2 - 1.1 Patch released

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Tags: CD Projekt; Witcher 2, The

<p>&nbsp;</p>
<blockquote>
<p>CD Projekt RED announces the release of Patch 1.1, which brings important improvements to The Witcher 2, the highly acclaimed game released a week ago. The most noticeable change is the removal of the DRM protection world-wide. This gives players the freedom to install and play the game on any number of computers, and no activation code is required.&nbsp;</p>
</blockquote>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>You can download the patch here: <a href="http://en.thewitcher.com/patch/">http://en.thewitcher.com/patch/</a></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

Raapys

Arcane
Wow, complete removal of DRM one week after release? That's pretty nice of them. Hope it gets lots of sales so that maybe other publishers follow suit.

Raapys

Arcane
Well, *they* never wanted DRM, but yeah, I suppose potential performance problems could have been what made the publishers agree to removing it. It probably did most of its work anyway, since they got the first week and it's long since been cracked.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Hey, russian fansite kaermorhen.ru just posted this wonderfull news too!

http://www.kaermorhen.ru/modules.php?name=News&file=view&sid=1270

For those who can't read russian a short summary:

New 1.1 patch realeased! DRM removed from all versions!

Blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah

!DOWNLOAD PATCH HERE!

If the patch won't install you will have to reinstall your game to make it work!

UPD: There is no way to make this patch work as of now. Waiting for a solution....

Thanks for puting that last bit of totally unimportant information after the advice to reinstall the game, assholes!
:x :rage:

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
fucking thing reset my config settings

also you know how the launcher comes back up after you exit the game?

now it takes like ten seconds and the taskbar tab for it is hangs during that time

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
sgc_meltdown said:
but you bought mass effect 2 on release didn't you

don't lie to me

:oops: OK let me revise.. SINCE Mass Effect 2 I will continue to not purchase or play games games at release.

except for Mass Effect III

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
KoGKr.jpg

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
I installed beta version of 1.1 patch, starforce is gone, but now i cannot set textures to max. Can somebody with unpatched version post their user.ini with everything set to maximum?

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Just installed the patch. It replaces the exe file with the gog one (I needed to replace my gog exe with the original one first, or the patch wouldn't install) and finally makes the Troll Trouble quest available and working. Sweet.

CDPR also made available all 'exclusive' day 1 DLC for download. Links can be found here, for example.

made

Arcane
HALP REQUEST - PLEASE READ

I need the file "pl0.w2strings" with patch 1.1 applied as mine wasn't updated by the english patcher. If someone could upload it somewhere that would be sweet.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
made said:
HALP REQUEST - PLEASE READ

I need the file "pl0.w2strings" with patch 1.1 applied as mine wasn't updated by the english patcher. If someone could upload it somewhere that would be sweet.

Here's the copy from my patched gog version.

pl0.w2strings - 5.7 Mb

Edit: Any confirmation that the dlc was indeed released for free? I can't find any announcement on their site and there are no such dlc in the dlc section of my launcher app.

Edit2: Forget about it - just found it. :oops:

Free DLC Installation

made

Arcane
Thanks mate.

You sure it was updated by the GOG patcher though? It's the same file size as the old one. Date modified?

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
made said:
Thanks mate.

You sure it was updated by the GOG patcher though? It's the same file size as the old one. Date modified?

Hmm strange... It seems the patch did not modify it at all... - the modification date is 18th May. The reason may be GoG patch is separate from every other - you can download it only from GoG and any other version of the patcher won't work with GoG distribution of the game.

If it doesn't help I'm afraid you will have to ask some other Codexer with the retail version of the game to help you.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Stereotypical Villain said:
<pic>

What the fuck? One of those guys looks like Commander Shepard. :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

OH FUCK! ITZ HAPPENING!
Um, because it's Mark something, the guy upon which Shepard was modeled upon?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom