Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Witcher 2 - 1.1 Patch released

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Notes can be accessed by the launcher, click on 'information'. remapping keys is also done via the launcher's options menu, not in-game.

Achilles

Arcane
I bought Alpha Protocol, New Vegas and Witcher 2 on release and they all had moderate to significant bugs at that time. I think there's a lesson to be learned in there somewhere.

(inb4 "here's the lesson: Don't buy shitty games YEEEEAAAAHHHH)

Raapys

Arcane
Don't think I encountered any significant bugs in my playthrough actually. The dialog UI would sometimes lock up, but that was easily solved.

But yeah, the autosave shit was really annoying. Problem was that all those saves were sorted when pressing escape, so towards the end of the game it took like 5 seconds before the load/options/exit menu would open. Worked smoothly again once I deleted the saves though.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Alexandros said:
I bought Alpha Protocol, New Vegas and Witcher 2 on release and they all had moderate to significant bugs at that time. I think there's a lesson to be learned in there somewhere.

(inb4 "here's the lesson: Don't buy shitty games YEEEEAAAAHHHH)
I also bought AP, NV, and TW2 on release, but never found a serious bug in them. I'm one lucky bastard.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I have similar experiences. Had no bugs in AP and one serious bug in NV (fixed in a patch). TW I don't know yet, only in chapter 1. I suspect the graphics glitches (textures take some time to load sometimes) are my own fault. I have everything pumped almost to max on a graphics card 3 years old. Other than the slow-loading textures it handles the game like a boss though.

Now I am not a graphics whore, but I gotta say... TW2 is one motherfucking pretty-ass game.

BelisariuS.F

Augur
Question. Does 'removal of DRM' also means 'removal of the need to activate the game and to download the activation patch'?

a budda

Arbiter
MicoSelva said:
Stereotypical Villain said:
<pic>

What the fuck? One of those guys looks like Commander Shepard. :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

OH FUCK! ITZ HAPPENING!
Um, because it's Mark something, the guy upon which Shepard was modeled upon?

so shepard actually is a fag?
how curious

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Patch doesn't fix shit for me, game still crashes in completely arbitrary moments, both on normal and absolutely lowest settings.

Last fucking time I fall for any hype and buy a game without demoing first. Fuck this shit.

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
Darth Roxor said:
Patch doesn't fix shit for me, game still crashes in completely arbitrary moments, both on normal and absolutely lowest settings.

Last fucking time I fall for any hype and buy a game without demoing first. Fuck this shit.

With so many people playing this game with no problems whatsoever, and others with just a few minor glitches and slowdowns - doesn't that tell you something? I think your problems lie elsewhere DR.

Raapys

Arcane
Yeah, it's kinda telling when you're one of the few having crash-related problems. How much RAM? Updated drivers for everything?

Wolfus

Arcane
Darth Roxor said:

You have 4GB of RAM and 32-bit OS, don't you?

Code:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/975399-the-witcher-2-assassins-of-kings/59162920

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Wolfus said:
Darth Roxor said:

Code:
Yeah that fixed it for me. No crashes since then.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Wolfus said:
Darth Roxor said:

Code:

Gonna try this tomorrow. If it works, you're my new favourite newfag.

Black

Arcane
Darth Roxor said:
Wolfus said:
Darth Roxor said:

Code:

Too late, everyone that matters already finished the game, might as well sell it so you're not that guy who's always late to the party.

poetic codex

Augur
CDProjekt has such a refreshingly different attitude compared to EA/Activision; the big players should be ashamed.

I mean they are all busine$$es and ultimately only care about the bottomline, but it's like the difference between the local mom and pop store, and corporate Mcdonald's.

Stabwound

Arcane
Yeah, it's very refreshing to be treated the way CDProjekt has been treating its customers with both TW1 and TW2. Probably the best company I've seen in this regard.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Black said:
Too late, everyone that matters already finished the game, might as well sell it so you're not that guy who's always late to the party.

Darth hasn't been the same since he finished Arcania. Every game is banal, shit, boring in comparison now.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Darth Roxor said:

Only thing it did was to give me a bsod after crashing.

You are not my favourite newfag.

flushfire

Augur
Darth Roxor said:
Darth Roxor said:

Only thing it did was to give me a bsod after crashing.

You are not my favourite newfag.
It may be bad or OHing hardware esp. if you've tried fresh installs of everything inc. driver sweeper on your drivers prior to reinstalling them. (clean install on nvidia's new drivers isn't really clean install, it fails to clean physx drivers for me and results in physx failing to be installed properly unless i use driver sweeper) Either GPU is OHing or some part of your RAM is bad (which would explain the problem happening randomly).

I'd try the beta driver if you haven't yet but if you have, I'd check temps between games that work ok and TW2 then compare them. If in TW2 it's significantly higher that maybe the problem. If it isn't then if you have two RAM sticks try taking out one and see if the problem persists, repeat for the other stick.

As for the patch it didn't fix the bug I'm experiencing: after a few games maybe 5 or so the game just CTDs instantly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom