Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Night Watch Screenshots

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Tags: Night Watch; Nival Interactive

<a href=http://www.rpgdot.com>RPGDot</a> reports that a bunch of new screenshots for Nival's upcoming turn-based RPG 'Nightwatch' have become available at Worthplaying. <a href=http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=23284&mode=thread&order=0>Take a look</a>.

Fez

Erudite
The links are messed up, Ex. They are fine on the front page though.

The game looks good enough anyway. Let's hope it plays good too.

Edit: Have those screens been shown here before? Just seem very familiar.

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
you damn gook, stop making fucking retarded threads. If i was a mod like you I would delete this thread because it would be so rexie.

Reklar

Liturgist
Yep, looks like the HTML tags are messed up somehow, so they're showing instead of the underlined text. Anyway, the game sounds interesting and Nival certainly has gained some measure of respect from me even if I haven't played any of their games (yet) simply because they are open to turn-based combat. It'll be interesting to see how well this title sells in the US. Perhaps it will do well enough to give certain companies notice?

-Reklar
(a Fallout/RPG fan)

coaxmetal

Novice
I wonder if this game is connected to the russian movie Night Watch (Nochnoy dozor), critically acclaimed in russia but actually a pice of shit. So i hope not. :roll:

Looks so glittery for my taste anyway. I'll give it a try though if/when it comes out...

Sol Invictus

Erudite
coaxmetal said:
I wonder if this game is connected to the russian movie Night Watch (Nochnoy dozor), critically acclaimed in russia but actually a pice of shit. So i hope not. :roll:

Looks so glittery for my taste anyway. I'll give it a try though if/when it comes out...

It is based on the same source material.

Balor

Arcane
Yes, it's based on the same book... the movie is loosely based on the "Night Watch" - first book in the trilogy (1st part of the book), and the game is loosely based on the 2d part of the movie (it's not out yet, if like 90% done).
Well, whether the movie is THIS shitty is open to debate - I kinda liked it, but I was prepared for worst anyway :).
The book is 10x times better, tho... I wish they'd made the movie longer, LotR style - it's noticeable that they had to cut (in fact, they actually did) 1/2 of the film.
And sparkles in the Twilight is a possible subject to change - they are still experimenting.
I with they'd make the proper Twilight Fungus.

Ortchel

Liturgist
This is the one made by the Silent Storm guys right? They also mentioned 'Day Watch' and 'Twilight Watch' .. I kid you not.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
space captain said:
sounds original - plus the SS engine is the absolute best TBS engine ever made... I'll be checkin it out

Well, it's good, but I wouldn't say it's the best. TOEE was the best. If someone were to implement options like those present in TOEE (of course they would have to change things around to avoid attacks from WoTC) to the SS engine..... whoo!

dunduks

Liturgist
Ortchel said:
This is the one made by the Silent Storm guys right? They also mentioned 'Day Watch' and 'Twilight Watch' .. I kid you not.
Yes these are the guys who made SS. As for Day/Twilight Watch - that was planned from the begining (Night Watch - about "good" guys, Day Watch - "bad" guys, Twilight Watch - inquisition)

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Exitium said:
<a href=http://www.rpgdot.com>RPGDot</a> reports that a bunch of new screenshots for Nival's upcoming turn-based RPG 'Nightwatch' have become available at Worthplaying. <a href=http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=23284&mode=thread&order=0>Take a look</a>.

Wow. Could you try to make your screenshots posts less interesting next time? That made me so enthralled, I spaced out for a few hours and just now got to posting this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom