Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Mass Effect 3 Info Package

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: BioWare; Mass Effect 3

<p>For starters, there's an <a href="http://bioware.wordpress.com/2011/11/04/my-interview-with-mass-effect-3-producer-jesse-houston/" target="_blank">interview available</a> with ME3 producer Jesse Houston.</p>
<blockquote>
<p><strong>Does Multiplayer affect the success of my Shepard in the main story?</strong><br />Absolutely. Multiplayer will definitely have an effect on your SP experience through the Galaxy at War system, so as you play the MP and the Co-Op and the more successful you are, the more that will affect your Galactic Readiness level which will then affect your end game result.<br /><br /><strong>How do SP and MP work together/complement each other?</strong><br />They complement each other really well in that the Galaxy at War System takes the actions played in MP and pushes them to your SP achievements. The SP elements will dovetail really nicely into those and both those actions will allow your Shepard to have a different ending depending on those actions. That said, SP can still be played all by itself without any kind of multiplayer or third party and you can still get the absolute best ending. This just gives you new options to be able to get that ending.<br /><br /><strong>Which classes/races can you play as? Can you be a geth?</strong><br />We haven&rsquo;t given the full list yet. But as an example, you can totally play as a Krogan, as a Drell, as an Asari. Beyond those, I can&rsquo;t give away all of the details, but I can say there will be a lot of interesting races that you may not expect to be able to play as because they wouldn&rsquo;t normally be looked upon as characters who are for the fight normally. That said we&rsquo;ll be releasing more and more characters through DLC later.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>I hope that doesn't mean you have to do any MP crap.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Additionally, a ME3 beta version was "accidentally" leaked to XBoxLive due to "human error". Some new info <a href="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=451016">came forth</a> from it. Jesse Houston <a href="http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/323/index/8637528" target="_blank">officially responded</a>:</p>
<blockquote>
<p>As most of you know by now, this evening an accidental leak occurred of some early<span style="font-style: italic;"> </span><span style="font-style: italic;">Mass Effect 3</span> beta code.&nbsp; Microsoft has advised us that through human error at their end, content which was meant for internal beta testing was flagged incorrectly and released to individuals who had signed up for the beta of the Xbox Live dashboard update.&nbsp; It has since been taken down and deactivated.<br /><br />We&rsquo;d like to stress that the leaked code is in a rough, unfinished state and was not meant for public release. The content is not final, and is not reflective of the quality of the finished, polished game due for release on March 6, 2012 (March 9 in Europe).<br /><br />One feature that was present in this early build is a set of game play modes that are in development. In the beta code they are referred to as &ldquo;action mode&rdquo;, &ldquo;story mode&rdquo; and &ldquo;RPG mode&rdquo;. We want to stress that these features are still in the early stages of development and will receive considerable iteration and refinement.<span style="font-style: italic;"> </span>These modes are designed to give players an even finer degree of control over their game experience than ever before.&nbsp; Whether it be someone who finds the combat difficult but wants to experience the amazing story, someone who wants to focus on the action and combat game play, or fans who want the rich, story-driven RPG<span style="font-style: italic;"> </span><span style="font-style: italic;">Mass Effect</span> experience they&rsquo;ve come to love &ndash;<span style="font-style: italic;"> </span><span style="font-style: italic;">Mass Effect 3</span> will support <span style="text-decoration: underline;">all</span> of these options.&nbsp; We&rsquo;ll have more info in the days ahead!</p>
</blockquote>
<p>Now that the game has an RPG mode, maybe creating ME3 threads in GRPGD is appropriate.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/105589-mass-effect-3-beta-accidentally-hits-xbox-live-bioware-responds.html">Gamebanshee</a></p>

kris

Arcane
So...
Action = Combat, little story/conversation
Story = A lot of talking, little combat.
RPG = Lots of combat and talking! The complete experience.

MCA
Footage from the LEAKBOX version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCmfFToDZz4

Action Mode = All dialogue on rails.

But it seems like those modes are just presets. You can "fine tune" the game to your liking in options:

CL34Y.jpg

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
"Speech language: United States"

??

At least we finally got that "hide helmet" option everyone's been waiting for...

(??)

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Oops, I accidentaly the Beta code.

Does anyone actually believe this "leak" bullshit anymore? Either the gaming industry has in the last year experienced more leaks than a condom in Africa for some inexplicable reason, or it's part of the new trend to put it out there by the publishers, they just don't want to admit to the shittiness, so they have the option to say "we told u it was leaked lolololol". Plausible deniabilty FTW.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
villain of the story said:
But it seems like those modes are just presets. You can "fine tune" the game to your liking in options
I like the ideia and I hope it spreads through developers. Since we aren't getting a full RPG anytime soon, at least we can have Action games with an RPG mode...

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
felipepepe said:
But it seems like those modes are just presets. You can "fine tune" the game to your liking in options
I like the ideia and I hope it spreads through developers. Since we aren't getting a full RPG anytime soon, at least we can have Action games with an RPG mode...
We're going to get shitty interactive stories with action sequences if it spreads... as in heavy rain with shitty scripted shooting

that's fucking scary

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
M4BE1R0 said:
felipepepe said:
We're going to get shitty interactive stories with action sequences if it spreads... as in heavy rain with shitty scripted shooting

that's fucking scary

Heavy Rain

of Bullets :yeah:

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So with there best being 2 MILLION sold for there series how long until the multiplayer dies out.

Now i hope the multiplayer is not needed for any thing in the game because this is not Uncharted where multiplayer makes perfect sens because it plays different from all the other chest high wall games.

Take the PSY abilities in Masseffect. Most of them are PUSH guy, pull guy, levitate guy and other crowd control abilities that are not a variation of a mind bullet.
ALL THESE WILL BE ANNOYING! in any kind of competitive game. So either you nerf them into shit or they will kill the game for most people because this is a Chest high wall shooter and there for when you get pulled out of said Cover you DIE!.

So either they remap there entire combat system and remove the few things that made it fun or they KEEP it as is and the only people that will have fun are assholes like me who will abuse the system like fuck to mess with you.

Edit.
So i went to Social "I wish Tali would shit in my mouth" Forum to see if i could have some fun poking the fan boys, but they are already fighting among them self.
I don't even have to set fire to any thing the fuckers are already burning down shit. IT IS AWESOME!.

Snefix

Novice
So either they remap there entire combat system and remove the few things that made it fun

Seeing as how they did that going from ME1 to ME2, I think that's the option they'll be following.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Notice how in that whole section there is only one dialogue option. This being a beta it shows exactly how Bioware works. Of course this is something we've suspected for a long time but now it's confirmed: they write a linear sequence of dialogue first, and then add flavor options later. No doubt the finished product will be sprinkled with lots of options in that conversation between Shepherd and Anderson and they'll still end up saying the exact same thing as what was shown in the video.

MonkeyLancer

Educated
I think if this shit catches on, it will lead to an eventual fallout with gamers and indie market may explode.

One can only hope

Drakron

Arcane
CrimsonAngel said:
So i went to Social "I wish Tali would shit in my mouth" Forum to see if i could have some fun poking the fan boys, but they are already fighting among them self.
I don't even have to set fire to any thing the fuckers are already burning down shit. IT IS AWESOME!.

Their forums were always pretty "no MP" bend, back when it was just rumors I seen a lot of relies that they did not wanted it.

Then come MP, people did not like it but oh well ... as long it does not affect single player and then that little revelation come, I am not surprised by the rage.

Cassidy

Arcane
Of all things going wrong with every games post and pre-EAssimilation Bioware did, are Biowhores totally butthurt because of a multiplayer mode?

sisko-facepalm.jpg

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
It's going to tie in with Origin. We can co-op guise, to save the galaxy!

deuxhero

Arcane
Apparently some story notes were leaked, then C&Ded. I'm guessing the Codex is the best place to ask for them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom