Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Age of Decadence Preorders Begin

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Age of Decadence; Iron Tower

Age of Decadence, Iron Tower's turn-based oldschool role-playing game, is now available for preorder! Release date is 2013, and the price is $25.

You can now pre-order AoD, should you choose to do so. Here’s the link:

https://secure.bmtmicro.com/servlets/Orders.ShoppingCart?CID=7483&PRODUCTID=74830000

We’re using BMT Micro, a payment processor which is fast and safe. I used it myself when I bought Eschalon (Thomas’ game) and it’s used by several indie companies.

Why now?

We were asked quite often to start taking pre-orders. We didn't want to do it until everyone had a chance to play the full demo and experience the game. Now, after two demos, you know exactly what we're offering.

You know what we delivered, you know what we’re fixing, you know what to expect. You like what you see and feel it's worth 25 bucks? Show us your support. You don't like what you see? Have doubts? Buy yourself a pizza instead. It's cool.

When to expect?

2013. We’re probably a year away. You can judge the progress by the demo – it has all the features except for Alchemy. All the areas are done and some were shown before, but as you know, we prefer to take our time and do it right. Or at least what we consider to be ‘right’.​

When preordering, you can either pay the standard price of $25...

PRE-ORDER: pay $25, you’ll be sent a download link. The download file is a placeholder. When the game is released, it will be enclosed in a zip file of the same name and you will be able to retrieve the updated file using the same download link sent with your original order.​

...or donate more and receive a bonus:

DONATE: you can select a higher amount and pay more, if you want to. The ONLY reason we set it up this way is because we were repeatedly asked to do so in the past. We’re not asking anyone to pay more, but if you want to, the option is there. To show our gratitude, the very least we can do is offer you some “rewards”, for the lack of a better word:

- $25 (pre-order) – will be listed and thanked in the credits
- $30 (pre-order plus $5 extra) – will receive a nice, golden tag – Patron of the Motherfucking Arts
- $40 (pre-order plus $15 extra) – you can create a filler character* for the game
- Any more than that – we will be very, very grateful. We don’t want to copy the Kickstarter approach and offer tiered rewards. Donate if you feel like it. The tag and the filler character aren’t to entice you to give you more money, but to thank you if you choose to do so.​

Take your pick. For details of submitting a filler character, consult the original thread.

Thanks likaq!

TripJack

Hedonist
i think ill get a bottle of turkey instead

The tag and the filler character aren’t to entice you to give you more money, but to thank you if you choose to do so
that makes sense

Tigranes

Arcane
Preorder time.

Demo's got its problems but it's a good effort and I'm pretty sure it'll be a fun, imperfect game. I wouldn't want them to stop making games after AOD.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
You should provide a boxed version pre-order, even if you don't know its exact cost yet. Many people here would want to get it and it can only be a good thing to get more pre-orders now.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Yeah, what about them boxes and oldschool goodies, maps and manuals and such ?

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Actually it's worth preordering now. With inflation, the price will be 10-20 thousand dollars by the time it's released and wages never keep up.

Shit, it adds 6-10 bucks VAT depending on the amount!

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Pre-ordered.

I hope, you are proud of yourself VD - those moneyz were supposed to go to Fargo & Co. :rpgcodex:

Also, fun-fact: As popamole as you might think the game was TW2 actually cost LESS on release with all the fancy stuff in-box (manuals, maps, extra DVDs) than your game. Moral: before you start your next project move to the land of the rising potato. :troll:

Longshanks

Augur
Yeah, what about them boxes and oldschool goodies, maps and manuals and such ?

Pre-order is upgradeable once the boxed version is available:

Vince said:
BOXED VERSION: We aren’t offering a box version at this stage. It will be offered when the game is ready and when we place an order and will have something to show. You will be able to order it separately (i.e. you can pre-order the digital version now for $25 and upgrade it to a box for another $25 at any time)

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Umm, guys? 2013? Seriously? I hoped it will be released at the end of this year. Anyway, I will probably buy the game, but I'm not preordering yet. It is still a long way to go until the release.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Alright, I've preordered since I enjoyed the demo quite a lot. I just hope it comes out... someday. :P

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
At this rate, Age of Dragon might not come out before Dragon Age III: The Reckoning. :(

Longshanks

Augur
Umm, guys? 2013? Seriously? I hoped it will be released at the end of this year. Anyway, I will probably buy the game, but I'm not preordering yet. It is still a long way to go until the release.
On estimates, less long than Wasteland 2, and with actual gameplay to show.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Now I understand why there are almost no filler NPC's and the world is so empty: a fiendishly clever marketing ploy by VD to have people both pay for and write the content on top of paying for the game. Pure genius! :salute:

He needs a few more tiers for interactive objects and areas though: funding to have pickable/breakable doors and places to sneak in the gameworld for example. The possibilities are endless!

Johannes

Arcane
2013? That's a lot of time to polish and balance, but then it's a game that could probably improve through that endlessly. When you've done this for so many years no point rushing now though.

Also nice to get more fluff characters, helps to flesh out the world a bit - as it is I kinda felt indifferent to picking anyones side for anything but reward prospects, since they're all equally coldhearted assholes.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
The rest of the game is in the same state Teron was when we started testing back in August. We've made a number of improvements based on the feedback and now they need to be applied to the rest of the game. Plus the improvements we're adding now (to the demo) and everything we've learned since the release. Plus enough time for a beta test. That's what's included in the release estimate.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom