Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Dead State Teaser Video Revealed

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Dead State; DoubleBear Productions

In this week's update, the DoubleBear team has put up an official teaser video - I was about to say "teaser trailer," but apparently it isn't a trailer yet (?), just a small vid to give you a taste of things to come:

Feel free to leave your feedback here or on the official forum.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I was just going to post this. :D

SO looking forward to this. Probably getting ready for the KS thing. <3

Stabwound

Arcane
I'm looking forward to this game, but that video was extremely pointless.

EG

Nullified
Needs more scanlines so that it does not appear simply striped. And why are the numbers above that lovely, lovely filter?

. . . I still desire this game, though.

mbpopolano24

Arbiter
WTF? This is not a ‘teaser’ video, more like a ‘run, run away as fast as you can’ video. Amateurish, derivative, and a couple of seconds of supposedly gameplay. WOW, I hope they will not use it for Kickstarter. And if you check in their own forum, they are all like “oh yeah, great video, good job…” Just bad…

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Would service announcements be written in Courier?

EG I think it's supposed to be a TV set and those numbers are the channels.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Not a bad video but I don't think this is enough to convince me they are out of the vapourware stage and give my money to a kickstarter

EG

Nullified
EG I think it's supposed to be a TV set and those numbers are the channels.

Then they'd be governed by the same pattern as the screen, not in the foreground. A better argument is they were trying to make it look like a VHS recording, played on a flat panel, but I very much doubt it. That is to say, I'm being anal for the sake of being anal, rather than focus on the video's contents.

This gives me Tortured Hearts vibes.

Mozgoëbstvo

Learned
Golly gee whiz, kids, hold on to yer muthaflippin' stockings. He clearly said there's more to come, it's quite obvious they'll post something more meaty for Kickstarter.
Keep calm and stop trolling.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Not sure how this video is supposed to make me any more interested than I was before.

Yeah, this does look amateurish, hope they make a good kickstarter presentation, as I'm always interested in turn based crpg games with contemporary or futuristic setting (read firearms)... :smug:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Pretty much like a Bethesda "teaser for trailer". Except this one has crappy fonts.

Aldebaran

Erudite
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Technically, this is exactly what a teaser trailer is supposed to be. Show next to nothing, but spread the word about the subject. At least, that is historically what a teaser trailer is in the movie business. Now the term usually just means the trailer that ruins most of the movie before the trailer that ruins the whole movie.

Whether or not this is a well made teaser trailer is another question. Personally, I am not a big fan of it. It definitely looks like it was slapped together very quickly.

Mozgoëbstvo

Learned
It just doesn't seem like they are progressing all that much for the time it's been. I'd really want to see at least some kind of gameplay by now. They have the basic assets so there's no reason not to unless it's just not working, as seems to be the case.

I think you can start worrying only if the next two-three video updates don't show more.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom