Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Age of Decadence Contest : Winners Announced

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Age of Decadence; Iron Tower

It's 1st of June and the Age of Decadence Win a Preorder-Copy Contest comes to close. Needless to say, the entire thing was a big success, the thread itself brimming with high-quality entries. Naturally, there was a lot of discussion which entries were the best the least shitty and here they are:

1.) Felipepepe wins. He already has preordered AoD and therefore gets a $25 Steam game of his choice.

2.) Wild Slop comes in second with his Nostradamus thing, because, well, it has Nostradamus and stuff.

3.) Third place goes to Saber-Scorpion, who went out of his way of posting only like one time per year and made a serious entry here.

4.) What about place 4? Well, Stinger. His efforts might have been feeble (here's a sample) but he tried several times, thus teaching us the benefit of having perseverance. He shall be rewarded.

5) And the last deferred succeeder winner is Phantasmal, for his subtle usage of irony and his proficiency with stuffing some Codex trolls into an image.

Age of Decadence copy or $25 Steam game, you can PM me for ze details.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
garf6.png

Morkar Left

Hey, Stingers ad was actually pretty good after actually reading it. Which makes the ad way to monocled to be an ad in the first place *sigh*...

A user named cat

Wow, I squeezed into 5th place. Awesome, thanks!

Shervin

Educated
So how many people participated in the contest in a serious manner?

Saber-Scorpion

Learned
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Congrats to the obvious winner. Obvious but well-deserved!

And thanks to whoever judged this for granting me the honor of third least shitty! Been looking forward to this game forever, and now I won't even have to pay for it. :smug:

Absinthe

Arcane
Pretty sure it was a foregone conclusion the contest was going to be this shitty. Whoever had the bright idea of starting a marketing contest in a community that hates marketing bullshit is a tool.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
So happy RK47 didn't win. Also, this will be 5x Steam coupons then, right ? :)

You still angry about the garfield comic, DF? :smug:
My first intent was to get some entries going in the first place. Thread was barren as fuck. Pretty sad that, it's all we've got when supporting VD's efforts.
But when it comes to coloring MCA trolls/bashing Blizzard/JRPG reviews, there's no lack of volunteers it seems.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
That's the entire point. The opportunities for brilliance were boundless, but somehow lost. Slamming BioWare (no rise of The Ancient Evil™) as the video did. DLC's. Actual cRPG mechanics. Actual Choice and Consequences.... the lists goes on an on....

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Pretty sure it was a foregone conclusion the contest was going to be this shitty. Whoever had the bright idea of starting a marketing contest in a community that hates marketing bullshit is a tool.

Well, now that we've seen that there are prizes (25 DOLLARS OMG ITS HEAVAN), perhaps the next contest will do better.

Repressed Homosexual
I just don't understand how as funny as it is, a video featuring death metal is set to represent an intellectually inclined game all about immersing the player within a ruined, lonely and morally corrupt world. It's probably a bit misleading for the average person who doesn't know what AoD is. I think the shtick, the game's uncompromising difficulty and lack of hand-holding, should be marketed in a more understated way.

A user named cat

When do we get to get to claim our winnings anyhow? Not to be an impatient child and stomp my feet, just wondering.

A user named cat

I did on Friday but haven't heard back from him yet, so I wasn't sure.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I just don't understand how as funny as it is, a video featuring death metal is set to represent an intellectually inclined game all about immersing the player within a ruined, lonely and morally corrupt world. It's probably a bit misleading for the average person who doesn't know what AoD is. I think the shtick, the game's uncompromising difficulty and lack of hand-holding, should be marketed in a more understated way.
Blame it on sgc_meltdown , the basic script is his! :lol: And is more about the challenge of the game and how you die a lot than on how "intellectually inclined" it is...

Besides, it's just a joke, not meant to showcase the game for non-codexers, for that they have the trailer that does a way better job at that.

Stinger

Arcane
but he tried several times, thus teaching us the benefit of having perseverance. He shall be rewarded.

What?

Not that I'm complaining. Whoo free AoD!

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Yes, I confused you and Wild Slop. Now you're laughing but one day you'll be as old as me and then.. you'll probably be still laughing, but for different reasons.

images

Stinger

Arcane
Dohohohoho!

Hey, Stingers ad was actually pretty good after actually reading it. Which makes the ad way to monocled to be an ad in the first place *sigh*...

Agreed. My first thought for an AoD poster was to have a massive wall of text fill the page entirely and I kinda toned it down from that but in hindsight I should've cut it down even further.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom