Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Diablo III Sells 10 Million Copies

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Blizzard Entertainment; Diablo III

Despite all the critique you hear about the game, Diablo III sales exceed 10 million according to Activision.

I guess that means, we can all happily anticipate the emergence of a lot of Diablo III-clones in the upcoming years.

EG

Nullified
Obligatory Darth Vader "No!", I suppose.

Fucking memes . . .

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Good news for the Path of Exile dudes. I endeavor to find positives in every soulcrushing bit of news nowadays.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
For years now PC market is getting bigger with influx of shitty indie platformers and shitty "free to play" mmo-s. Now with success of Diablo 3 we can finally experience a new wave of shitty Diablo clones, cant fucking wait.

Black

Arcane
For years now PC market is getting bigger with influx of shitty indie platformers and shitty "free to play" mmo-s. Now with success of Diablo 3 we can finally experience a new wave of shitty Diablo clones, cant fucking wait.
Like PoE and Torchlight 2:troll:

mbpopolano24

Arbiter
Ah, fucking retarded gamers... and then they (we?) have the audacity to complain about bugs, companies doing what the fuck they want (always online shit, for example), and the inevitable trend toward shiny graphic and soulless gameplay. I still remember the days in which the success of the original Diablo (which I played, I am ashamed to admit) was marked as a 'good thing', new life in a genre (RPG) about to die. But let's stop for a moment and consider this: it is not Bethesda fault, or Blizzard fault, or EA or Activision or whatever else big company you (I?) hate.... it's us, it's us fucking us, it's 10 fucking millions of retarded gamers (me included, so spare me) screaming like crazy: give me diablo, give me skyrim, give me mass effect.... and for any one wasteland or dead state or ago of decadence, 100 more diablos and skyrim will see the light of the day. So spare me also all you 'positivism' and all your 'incline' for a bunch of new old-school games that are about to come (in all sense) and most probably bomb (who's fucking going to buy dead state or wasteland since all the people interested paid for their production? Do you really think that the 10 million retarded paying for that shit of a computer-infesting virus and spyware will pay any attention?), the reality is that we are fucking screwed. We are just like that idiot mouse who's thinking "Oh, gosh, the cat stopped chasing me, I can breth..." and SNAP<> the cat is already digesting it!

The decline is here, and now this is more true than ever; the end of the world is here; we, humans, all of us as a collective species, have demonstrated over and over again that we are a bunch of imbeciles unable to follow a single rationale decision for more than a few moments (there are FACTS, get out of your idiotic computers and look around you), only able to follow the light and shining objects in our field of views, even if doing so will bring us to our inevitable demise. So, drink now you’re shining poisons, because whatever you do, no matter what kind of 'diablo' you are opposed to, the idiots around you will drag you down to the end of the universe. Which is not even a bad thing, considering that humans are the worst species has ever disgraced the universe.... I hope aliens will come soon and will wipe us out in a day, will be more merciful than the slow dead we are imposing on yourself.

Here you go. Now go play and enjoy D-I-A-B-L-O.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Speak for yourself. I didn't buy Diablo, Mass Effect or Skyrim. Instead I backed 13 kickstarter projects.

So what if the 10 million do not play oldschool games? It is a niche, and small devs are able to survive by making niche games. Always have, always will. Paradox is making a nice profit, we have seen a new quite good 4x game being released, and the hardcore spreadsheet gaming of Football Manager makes millions (!). Toady One, who writes Dwarf Fortress, is making a nice income by donations only.

EG

Nullified
In before Paradox's Dungeon Reaper: El Diablo, I suppose.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
Ah, fucking retarded gamers... and then they (we?) have the audacity to complain about bugs, companies doing what the fuck they want (always online shit, for example), and the inevitable trend toward shiny graphic and soulless gameplay. I still remember the days in which the success of the original Diablo (which I played, I am ashamed to admit) was marked as a 'good thing', new life in a genre (RPG) about to die. But let's stop for a moment and consider this: it is not Bethesda fault, or Blizzard fault, or EA or Activision or whatever else big company you (I?) hate.... it's us, it's us fucking us, it's 10 fucking millions of retarded gamers (me included, so spare me) screaming like crazy: give me diablo, give me skyrim, give me mass effect.... and for any one wasteland or dead state or ago of decadence, 100 more diablos and skyrim will see the light of the day. So spare me also all you 'positivism' and all your 'incline' for a bunch of new old-school games that are about to come (in all sense) and most probably bomb (who's fucking going to buy dead state or wasteland since all the people interested paid for their production? Do you really think that the 10 million retarded paying for that shit of a computer-infesting virus and spyware will pay any attention?), the reality is that we are fucking screwed. We are just like that idiot mouse who's thinking "Oh, gosh, the cat stopped chasing me, I can breth..." and SNAP<> the cat is already digesting it!

The decline is here, and now this is more true than ever; the end of the world is here; we, humans, all of us as a collective species, have demonstrated over and over again that we are a bunch of imbeciles unable to follow a single rationale decision for more than a few moments (there are FACTS, get out of your idiotic computers and look around you), only able to follow the light and shining objects in our field of views, even if doing so will bring us to our inevitable demise. So, drink now you’re shining poisons, because whatever you do, no matter what kind of 'diablo' you are opposed to, the idiots around you will drag you down to the end of the universe. Which is not even a bad thing, considering that humans are the worst species has ever disgraced the universe.... I hope aliens will come soon and will wipe us out in a day, will be more merciful than the slow dead we are imposing on yourself.

Powerful stuff. Think I'll tattoo this to my back.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
And Grim Dawn, and possibly a new Sacred.

But shitty Diablo clones are still better than the shit that is Diablo 3.

Marsal

Arcane

Dg5J7.gif

And Grim Dawn, and possibly a new Sacred.

But shitty Diablo clones are still better than the shit that is Diablo 3.

Yeah man, Grim Dawn. Of all those arpgs mostly looking forward to this. Hope they make it good.

Rpgsaurus Rex

Toady One, who writes Dwarf Fortress, is making a nice income by donations only.

He does? Last time I checked (year ago) he was surviving on potato.

Did DF somehow get a lot more popular?

Rpgsaurus Rex

I've lost many sleepless nights and productivity thanks to all-nighters of DF during my uni days, glad to see he is doing well.

:salute:

I've always used a tileset, though.

Which reminds me, I need to see what the development's been up to while I was missing... sigh, guess there's no end to this addiction.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
If they are done right and are better than D3, I say let them come.

You do understand that designed for "idiots" (default game mode is for idiots, enough said) games like D3 cant be done right?

2 asper

Agree.

I didnt buy D3 either and those who did - well because of likes of them our "new future" for RPG gaming would be D3-clones based.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
"No one in this world, so far as I know — and I have researched the records for years, and employed agents to help me — has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people. Nor has anyone ever lost public office thereby."

— H. L. Mencken, "Notes on Journalism"

Black

Arcane
Speak for yourself. I didn't buy Diablo, Mass Effect or Skyrim. Instead I backed 13 kickstarter projects.
y.

Agree.

I didnt buy D3 either and those who did - well because of likes of them our "new future" for RPG gaming would be D3-clones based.
And yet when asked so many times what games did you buy you chose not to say anything. Why is that?

Rpgsaurus Rex

Activision-Blizzard should have exhausted their credibility even with the "masses" by now, though. No doubt a fair share of these 10 mil were sponteneous "oh shit a new Diablo game/Blizzard game, must buy!", before the wholesale disillusionment with imbalances, banalshitboring loot, AH etc.

I doubt they could pull off the same schtick again, at this scale at least.

What scares me though is there must still be hundreds of thousands, no, millions of people who bought and continue to play D3 and praise it as Kotick's gift from Heaven.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom