Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News The Daily Codex: Trouble in BioLand?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Tags: BioWare; Dr. Greg Zeschuk; Dr. Ray Muzka; rumour mill; Star Wars: The Old republic

GamersGlobal.de (a website I've never heard of before), have word from a trustworthy source (...) that the BioDocs (Dr. Ray Muzka & Dr. Greg Zeschuk) could be leaving BioWare (gasp!). According to this trustworthy source, the good doctors have not been showing up for recent meetings, nor have Dr. Greg Zeschuk been seen at all for several weeks.

The rumours say that the doctors have left BioWare already, and that BioWare Austin (the Star Wars: The Old Republic division) will be turned into EA Austin.

Trustworthy sources - are they to be trusted?

Thanks Racofer.

Micmu

Magister
Another developer EA'd. :salute:

Probably true, though. It makes sense - after swtor's monumental (and so expected) failure and EA's deep trouble, something had to be cut again.

Castanova

Prophet
They might as well leave the company. I doubt they've added anything constructive for nearly a decade now besides urging their designers to make things more accessible and streamlined.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
550167_o.gif

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Baldur's Gate 2 is one of the best games ever, fak u gusi.
Everything after that though, pfrahah.

This coincides with the Pride festival in Stockholm, I think, by the way. COINCIDENCE?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
The Gold Box Games are one of the best series of games ever!
Even though they tried to do a spiritual successor of them using a RTwP, they did a fairly good adaptation of the D&D rulesystem with the Baldurs Gate series.

Then it all turned into dumbed down profit over quality console shit.

:salute:

This coincides with the Pride festival in Stockholm, I think, by the way. COINCIDENCE?

I think you are onto something.

STEVE!

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
It's not even like they heard it straight from an employee. Their trustworthy source isn't inside BioWare, it's just someone who talked to someone at BioWare who notes the head honchos haven't been showing up for meetings.

Now if that ain't reliable proof they're gone, I dunno what is.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Won't surprise me either way whether it's true or false. Frankly I doubt "the doctors" have much influence anymore over the direction of the company, what with all the games, separate studios to keep track of, increasing pressure to hit EA's own standards, etc. I could certainly understand them wanting to start fresh with something else, or simply feeling like they're no longer needed.

Thoric

Novice
Greg Zeschuk running away in shame makes sense.

He was really involved in development, even had a SWTOR tattoo.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It makes sense in light of the SWTOR fiasco, but didn't ME 3 sell like 4 MILLION copies? That seems like a pretty damn decent result.

Nope, not in this age of "ten million copies or bust".

Morkar Left

GamersGlobal is run by a german game journalist veteran with connections to a lot of other industry veterans, some of them working in Amerikwa now and have connections there. One of them works for EA (executive) since a long time now but I don't know how strong the connections are there.

Could be true or not...

Bulba

Learned
It's been a long ride, but all good things must come to an end. I am proud to have been a champion of women's rights, and of homosexual activism, however our fans have let us down for the last time by not purchasing enough Asari Sex dolls this Christmas season. Some right wing religious wacko groups have also brought us under fire unfairly for our advocate of consensual relations between men, women, and boys and girls of any age and for the involvement of many of our employees in poly-aged sex activism. When Chri Priestly was arrested for pedophilia dor consensual sex with several teenage male fans of the series we were shock and outraged. Yes, shocked and outraged that 20 years into the millenium this kind of draconian control of who can touch who continues on. Well, I promised you we would fight til the bitter end, and we have.

You are all laughing now, but in 50 years or so it's likely to be true. I bet people 100 years ago never even considered a marriege between two men possible. As long as gay phedofiles keep running our countries the decline continues :decline:

MikeHaggar

Educated
Project: Eternity
I really hope this is true... i pray that the competent people at bioware just quit and start a new company. dragon age 2 was so absurdly atrocious that it felt like a practical joke, and dont even get me started on me3

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom