Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Project Eternity Kickstarter Update #22: Q&A with Tim, Cooking?, and Avellone Trolls You!

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Obsidian Entertainment; Pillars of Eternity; Tim Cain

This update to Project Eternity is with Tim Cain!! And he answers a question from the RPG Codex!

This week's Q&A is a little different. I spent some time reading the questions that people were asking in various Project Eternity forums, including our Kickstarter comments, our Project Eternity Facebook page, the RPG Codex forums, the reddit Project Eternity group, and our own Obsidian forums. I have picked five questions to answer, one from each of these forums, and I have answered them below. For each question, I have included the forum poster who asked it, along with his original question text.

RPGCodex
Wise Emperor asks
Is there any confirmation that Eric Fenstermaker will be involved in PE? Obviously it would be cool if yes.

Eric is currently working on another project at Obsidian, but there is a good chance he will move over to Project Eternity when that first project is completed. Until the Kickstarter campaign is over and we know the full scope of the game, the assignment of particular people to it will not be completed.​

Apart from that, there are also two further backer rewards from Tim and Chris...

RPG Eats!

Do you like to eat? Do you like RPGs? I am going to give out my favorite RPG themed recipes to all of our backers! The Project Eternity Cooking with Tim Recipe Book will contain 10 delicious recipes in PDF format. Enjoy the good eats while you play Project Eternity when it's released!

Troll Portraits by Chris Avellone

Chris Avellone has graciously volunteered to draw a custom troll portrait for you to help raise additional funding towards our last stretch goal target of $3.5m for Big City #2. Chris will number and sign the portrait, write a humorous message to you, and a print will be physically and digitally sent to you. This is a limited run of 30 at a $750 tier (includes all the goods in the $500 tier), so get in quickly.​

Ahaha, Obsidian borrowing ideas from the Codex. LOL

Adam is currently live streaming all day long today at UStream. Join in on the fun and watch him play Icewind Dale II. We also hit 60,000 backers! Again, one more level to the dungeon is added!​

Read the update in full here.

Donaroriak

Augur
Project: Eternity
Love the Codex troll making its way into the (relative) mainstream of Obsidian's kickstarter. Soon this place will be :obviously: no more...

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Chris Avellone has graciously volunteered to draw a custom troll portrait for you to help raise additional funding towards our last stretch goal target of $3.5m for Big City #2. Chris will number and sign the portrait, write a humorous message to you, and a print will be physically and digitally sent to you. This is a limited run of 30 at a $750 tier (includes all the goods in the $500 tier), so get in quickly.[/indent]

Ahaha, Obsidian borrowing ideas from the Codex. LOL
Well, time to choose a new mascot.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
We know how to run out those 2012 shitposters outta here. We still haven't lost our edge. Just look at Hoopy. ;)

kaizoku

Arcane
Love the Codex troll making its way into the (relative) mainstream of Obsidian's kickstarter. Soon this place will be :obviously: no more...
That was Avellone's way of thanking the Codex.

More hits per day, more money for DU :smug:

Also... 64 posts... :hmmm:

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
So, why is it that when Timmy does an interview I get excited, but when someone else does something I get repulsed like a motherfucker?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
MCA repulses you?
And I think it's because Timmy don't have a billion tattoos.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Maybe it's just that they don't convey the same confidence or something, but I can't stand hearing the other developers at Obsidian speak about the game.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
How does the whole asking questions work? Was there a thread where you can post it or do they pick it at random?

G.O.D

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Low INT dialog confirmed. That's great.

Dispite my grudge against RTwP i possibly try this game afterall.
I still won't pledge though. But i'm slightly more positive because of recent updates.
Tim and company do a good job selling it to me.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
It feels so ... cool(?) when the Codex is being mentioned by these cool skaters.

Also, sweet wallpaper Tim. Same one I use :cool:

MCA
Tim Cain strikes me as a stoic realist, strongly rooted in realistic possibilities while the others sound more like daydreaming with a "we'll make the best of it as we go" attitude.

Then I remember their wacky idea of a game with dinosaurs and everything prior to making Fallout and it all goes out the window.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tim Cain strikes me as a stoic realist, strongly rooted in realistic possibilities while the others sound more like daydreaming with a "we'll make the best of it as we go" attitude.

Then I remember their wacky idea of a game with dinosaurs and everything prior to making Fallout and it all goes out the window.

Or maybe it's just the fact that Tim Cain is the one stuck with Q&A duty which doesn't give him much opportunity to publicly "daydream" about his plans for the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom