Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Project Eternity Kickstarter Update #30: Game Development 101

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Adam Brennecke; Obsidian Entertainment; Project Eternity

It looks like Obsidian Entertainment are serious about keeping up with these regular Kickstarter updates for Project Eternity.

In this week's update, Adam Brennecke begins a new series, where he will explain to us lucky contributors about the various developer roles on the Project Eternity team.

We have many different roles (sometimes called "hats") on the Project Eternity team. Most of the team fall into three categories: content creators (makers of stuff), programmers (making the stuff work), and production (making sure the stuff gets made). Our role percentage breakdown is a bit different than what we typically have on a project. If you look at my fantastic pie-charts below, you can see that we are content focused because we have larger design team, and since our team size is small we don’t have the need for a large production staff.​

team.jpg

All of these roles are equally important and are all vital for making the game great.​

Read the entire update here.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The most interesting thing here is the significantly lower proportion of programmers. I guess Unity really must be easy to use.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
At last, *something*. That proves they do read Codex threads. It's still too little, though. :rpgcodex:

Anyway, I just realised you got promoted Infinitron. :incline:

Semper

Cipher
MCA Project: Eternity
Look closely, it's not. It's bigger for PE.

it's a pie chart and the actual size of the pieces are in a relation to the size of the team... without knowing the amount of people working on of both games you can't compare the pictures. also it's very dumb to asume that the roles breakdown won't change throughout development time. why should they need a big qa team right now while in pre-production?! it's funny how this image provokes all the retards posting about obsidian's bug-ridden history. they're so clueless :D

FeelTheRads

Arcane
obsidian's bug-ridden history. they're so clueless

So you're saying that their history is not bug-ridden?

It's funny how any critique aimed at Obsidian awakens hordes or retarded, clueless fanbois.

godsend1989

Scholar
Divinity: Original Sin
I hope they don`t screw animations, the rest i know they will do well, except maybe bugs.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Look closely, it's not. It's bigger for PE.

it's a pie chart and the actual size of the pieces are in a relation to the size of the team... without knowing the amount of people working on of both games you can't compare the pictures. also it's very dumb to asume that the roles breakdown won't change throughout development time. why should they need a big qa team right now while in pre-production?! it's funny how this image provokes all the retards posting about obsidian's bug-ridden history. they're so clueless :D

I hope that by QA they mean someone who will work on the optimalization of the game throughout the project, and will see to it that all assets fulfill quality requirements. In other words, that it won't be just testing after the major workload has been done.

crafthack

Educated
obsidian's bug-ridden history. they're so clueless

So you're saying that their history is not bug-ridden?

It's funny how any critique aimed at Obsidian awakens hordes or retarded, clueless fanbois.
bug-ridden at release yes, but all of obs games eventually got bugged patched out, if PE is gonna have public beta I dont see how it could have bugs at release, the only danger I think is unfinished content

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
At last, *something*. That proves they do read Codex threads. It's still too little, though. :rpgcodex:

Anyway, I just realised you got promoted Infinitron. :incline:

Oh shit, in that case, I hope Eternity has randomly rolled stats for nostalgia's sake. :deadhorse:

It almost certainly won't. Josh Sawyer hates that kind of stuff, he's all about clearly presented and balanced choices.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Yeah I know. I was just making a joke about our previous argument on the Grimoire thread.

:rpgcodex:

(although the adventurers hall would be a cool place for randomization)

Semper

Cipher
MCA Project: Eternity
So you're saying that their history is not bug-ridden? It's funny how any critique aimed at Obsidian awakens hordes or retarded, clueless fanbois.

where do i claim that, fine gentleman? btw the critique fired from the clueless horde of the interwebs is aimed at the size of the qa part of the pie. given the fact that obsidian is right in pre-production there's no need for a big qa department. now go on and spit out words without any relation.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom