Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Codex Server Drive + Win a Wasteland 2 NPC, Weapon or Location!

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Brian Fargo; Cleveland Mark Blakemore; Codex Server Slush Fund; Grimoire; InXile Entertainment; RPG Codex; Sir-Tech; Wasteland 2; Wizardry 8

Thanks to the donations so far, we have officially passed our initial goal of $2,500 for a shiny new server box! And we are already underway to making things go faster around here. But... because we're greedy, and because some other things have happened (see below), but mostly because we're greedy, we have decided to increase our initial target for server funds to a full $5,000.

$5,000 for a Codex Server: $5,000 will allow us to get a nice new server (or two) and we'll be able to run it for a year (or two). As well as stop that CloudFlare bullshit. Fantastic features like "search" will be re-enabled and the Codex should, at long last, not crash or slow-down whenever more than 400 people are online at once (actually with $5k we're hoping it won't ever slow-down again, at all, ever - despite our current trend of doubling our active online users every 6 months).

Cleve's Indie-Go-Go Project: Due to a lot of people saying "bugger Cleve" - but they don't mind some money being thrown at the SirTech Auctions, the decision has been made to split the Indie-Go-Go drive off into a separate fund-raiser which we will run once this has finished. If anyone who has donated already wanted some of their funds to go towards some kind of Codexian Memorial in Cleve's game, contact me and I will set those funds aside.

SirTech Auctions: Recent legal issues have prematurely ended the auctions (details later) however, we have managed to score some goodies (about $200 worth) which we will post online in due time. We still intend on getting some more if / as they become available, so we will watch things closely.

Win a Wasteland 2 NPC, Weapon or Location: Brian Fargo, of InXile (and formerly of Interplay), has generously and most graciously decided to give us one of the $1,000 reward tiers for Wasteland 2 which he's allowed us to raffle off! Everyone who donates $25 or more will go into the draw to win:

BECOME AN NPC, WEAPON, OR LOCATION in the Wasteland 2 world! We will get your name and (if relevant) a picture of you to add your general likeness to the actual shipped game. Brag to your friends and beg them not to take you out with a Meson Cannon.​

The reward will include the Collector's Edition Premium Boxed Version (signed), the novella, digital copies, your name in the credits and all the other goodies from the original $1,000 reward tier.

You'll get a raffle ticket for every $25 you donate (your donation divided by twenty-five, rounded down). So if you donate less than $25 - your name does not go into the raffle because you suck. If you donate $25 - you get one ticket. If you donate $500 - you get 20 tickets (that's 20 chances at having your name pulled out of the hat).

And of course, all donors will get the ad-free status and bonus tags outlined earlier.

We will run this drive until the 31st December, again because we're greedy and want all your Christmas money. Only now, all money raised will be going towards the Codex - with a bit being spent on the SirTech Auctions. That should be enough to keep the Codex online for a while yet - and cover any future growth for the time being.

The list of current donors, raffle tickets they have and other details are available here.

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
:greatjob:

Sounds cool. Might chuck in a tenner for a raffle ticket since I already put in $15 for the eBay auctions.

waywardOne

Arcane
'Tis the season and all that. I just need to remember after I do my shopping.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Yeah, so this made me donate $25. Probably not going to win, but I figured I might as well take the chance, and if I happen to help this place at the same time, I consider it money well spent. :salute:

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
:bro: to Brian Fargo.

Daaaamn I thought I could get away with only throwing 10$ at the Codex this year :(
Choices and consequences. 15 Dollars to spend on bros... or hoes?

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
:bro: to Brian Fargo.

Daaaamn I thought I could get away with only throwing 10$ at the Codex this year :(
Choices and consequences. 15 Dollars to spend on bros... or hoes?

15 bucks get you a pretty shitty hoe anyway man

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
The codex is growing that fast, huh?
Reminds me of that movie... Slither.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Yeah, so this made me donate $25.
I knew I should've made the tickets $100 each.

Nah. 25 was the magic number. I'm willing to bet a lot of people went with $20 for the 1-year ad-free. And the tickets being just sliiiightly more is enough to make people crave them. If tickets had been in the 30+ range, you'd see less upgrades.

MCA
Simple: take away the thread-moving privileges of retards that move threads for games they hate because they are butthurt that there are people on the Codex who likes those.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom