Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Delver's Drop, 2D Action RPG on Kickstarter

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Delver's Drop; Kickstarter

This newspost brought to you by Andhaira. "It's a zelda type which turned me off at first, but there are 5 classes and graphics are really charming," he said. Well, okay. Judge for yourself.

Delver's Drop is a 2D Action RPG with fluid physics-based movement, snappy combat, shifting dungeons, and a rogue's gallery of individually leveled character classes. With an emphasis on mystery and dynamic gameplay experiences, the game features randomization for infinite replay, enigmatic puzzle permutations to unravel, multiple narrative paths, customizable character growth, and layers of secrets to unearth.

9610.png

Delver’s Drop has a cast of playable characters that create variety and open up different gameplay styles and tactics. Movement and combat are both fast and responsive, a blend of intense arcade action with thoughtful planning and strategy. Dungeon and items are randomized to create scenarios similar to a Roguelike. The game also features a form of permadeath, but players are able to recover some progress and items, and retain abilities and experience points.

Features
  • Immense & Unpredictable Dungeon Dive — 8 zones of castle dungeons with 4 sub-levels to explore. Levels will be combined from masterfully designed hand-crafted rooms and components, with randomized content and floor layouts.
  • Physics-based Hack & Slash Combat — Since all characters and enemies move and collide on a physics-based system, any interplay of attacks, traps, and magic resolve based on responsive, snazzy, and sometimes chaotic physics effects.
  • Multiple Characters & Play Styles — Play the game with one or all of the 5 character classes (some to be decided by backers!). Classes have unique speed and movement properties, weapon, special ability, and perk tree, giving each a different play style.
  • Character Growth & Customization — Gain experience as you play each class, and keep this progress through the class’s perk tree even if your current character dies. Level up if you want more flexibility, but Delver’s Drop is totally grind-free.
  • Weapons & Sub-Items — The player can find and purchase interesting and upgraded weapons for each class, as well as a large suite of expendable sub-items that are randomly spawn during each session. But items slots are limited, requiring intelligent use!
  • Puzzles & Secrets — Like many action adventure games, Delver’s Drop will feature interesting puzzles, requiring clever manipulation of dungeon elements, using physics to advantage, and resourceful usage of secondary items.
$15 gets you a digital copy of the game. The release date is October 2013. Kickstarter page this way.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
RPGKickstarter.net now? o_O As many know, I'm a huge believer in the KS craze but does every campaign that has "RPG" in it's pitch now deserve to be on the news page?

That aside, this looks very uninteresting to me. I was never a Zelda fan to begin with and this looks like a repetitive button-smasher to me. Antharion (which I backed) looks much better in terms of an interesting setting, combat and being party based.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
I'm not fond of characters with a bigger head than the rest of their bodies. Other than that, looks decent enough for a Zelda clone. Disclaimer: only watched 1 minute of the video before getting bored and closing tab.

Studio Fawn

Studio Fawn
Developer
I dunno, I thought the game looked really cute :D

Only bad part is the seeming lack of story ~_~ It seems they focused just on the random generation for an endless dungeon crawl ...but...without a story or reason forward, that gets a bit old.

I have a feeling it would be like the binding of isaac...where you just play for a day or two to see the different abilities, and then shelf it.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
RPGKickstarter.net now? o_O As many know, I'm a huge believer in the KS craze but does every campaign that has "RPG" in it's pitch now deserve to be on the news page?
What's worse is every two-bit hack who launches a KickStarter is dropping their projects in our inbox now.

mindx2

Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What's worse is every two-bit hack who launches a KickStarter is dropping their projects in our inbox now.
How far the Codex has come eh, DarkUnderlord. How does it feel to be considered.... sought after... prestigious... dare I say even say... respectable :eek:?!!!!!!

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
How far the Codex has come eh, DarkUnderlord. How does it feel to be considered.... sought after... prestigious... dare I say even say... respectable :eek:?!!!!!!
Alpha Codex!

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

THe only respectable thing around here are the amounts of green raised on several occasions to fund some gaming related project. And that's the only thing they are after.

mindx2

Patron

THe only respectable thing around here are the amounts of green raised on several occasions to fund some gaming related project. And that's the only thing they are after.
Not a penny more until DarkUnderlord is swimming in:

D&M.jpg

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012

Not a penny more until DarkUnderlord is swimming in:

View attachment 1173

MeONqKH.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom