Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Torment: Tides of Numenera Website Launched, InXile Asks for Feedback on Pledge Rewards

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: InXile Entertainment; Torment: Tides of Numenera

Unable and/or unwilling to hide the cat inside the bag any longer, inXile has launched an official website for Torment: Tides of Numenera, their spiritual successor to Planescape: Torment set in Monte Cook's Numenera setting.

Currently there is some concept art on the site, plus a summary of the game:

Torment: Tides of Numenera™ continues the thematic legacy of the critically acclaimed Planescape: Torment™. Set in Monte Cook's new tabletop role-playing world, Numenera™, the newest Torment asks: What does one life matter?

Numenera's Ninth World is a fantastic vision of a world in which massive civilizations have risen and fallen - disappeared, transcended, overwhelmed, or destroyed - and left their cities, monuments, and artifacts behind. As each rose and fell, their achievements became part of the accumulated detritus of eons... but much of it did not decay. And now this assortment of ancient power is there for the taking, ever-present, underfoot. The humans of the Ninth World take and use what they can. They call these wonders (and horrors) the numenera.

One of these humans discovers a way to use the numenera to grow strong, to cheat death, to skip across the face of centuries in a succession of bodies. But he discovers an unexpected side effect: You.

Torment™ is a game of complex and nuanced morality, deep and reactive choice and consequence, and immersion into a new and strange vision. You will chart a course through bizarre dimensions, across the face of a vastly different world. You will earn companions along the way, and discover their value - perhaps through their strengths, perhaps more literally by selling them. Throughout it all, you will choose a path that will lead inexorably to an ending that stems naturally from your actions, facing adversaries who harness powers beyond your comprehension, and who will ultimately force you to face yourself and answer the question: What does one life matter?​

The website also urges the reader to create an account in order to "join the Torment community and provide input on our upcoming crowdfunding campaign." In particular, they are asking for your input on possible pledge rewards: https://torment.uservoice.com/forums/194182-pledge-rewards. Physical vs digital items, Numenera rulebooks, stuff like that.

Spotted at Rock Paper Shotgun

BobtheTree

Savant
Looking forward to seeing what comes of this one. Hope they take their time, maybe wait till Wasteland 2 is out or near done before pushing for this one.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Created my account. It's nice that they're using the Wasteland 2 Ranger Center website code to set this stuff up ahead of time.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://torment.uservoice.com/forums/194182-pledge-rewards

Welcome! This forum contains rewards we are considering for the Torment Kickstarter. Please vote for the ones that you most want to see and feel free to submit new ideas. (Rewards will be placed in Pledge Tiers appropriate for the value/cost of the reward.) Rewards labeled “considering” are those that we have not decided upon for certain.

Exclusive Companion
We will design and implement a minor companion who is available only to Backers. We will poll the Backers on some aspects of this companion's design. The companion will be relevant to the story, but entirely optional.

Exclusive Area
We will design a small area accessible to Backers. This area will be optional and not significantly alter the overall gameplay, BUT it will provide an additional experience woven into the themes of the game. We will poll the Backers on some aspects of this area's design. Will primarily reuse art from other core game areas.

:hmmm: Don't vote for these, people.

Hobz

Savant
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm torn between trying to be reasonable and vote for a focus on digital reward to lower their expenses and keep more cash for actual developing and my fondness of cloth maps. I'll vote for both, fuck consistency.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
bah, fuck website registrations.

Tigranes

Arcane
Signed up, flagged inappropriate the exclusive area/companion.

Do your part people.

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I want Numenera rulebooks, both PDF and physical. Flagged exclusive content as inappropriate and even provided comments about why it sucks.

kaizoku

Arcane
slowpoke just noticed

Torment: Tides of Numenera
T: ToN
TNO

site needs more wallpapers

Lancehead

Liturgist
For some reason I can't flag inappropriate to those backer-only stuff. The site doesn't register my vote.

Lancehead

Liturgist
Yes, when I click the link it says "flagged" but when I refresh, it's back to "flag inappropriate" and I still have 15 votes.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Yeah, I'm not sure how it works. I'm logged in, I can flag as inappropriate, but if I refresh the page I can do it again.

Still, cloth map and boxed game is above exclusive companion at the moment. Likely to change drastically for the worse once the romance fags kick in.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
They'd have to do better than the butt-ugly Wasteland 2 shit for me to be interested in any t-shirts or stuff like that.
The Banner Saga can suck my ass, but at least they had a hella cool poster.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Yes, when I click the link it says "flagged" but when I refresh, it's back to "flag inappropriate" and I still have 15 votes.

Uh, I'm pretty sure "flag as inappropriate" isn't actually a "vote" per se. It's meant to be used for reporting spam and such.

I thought Crooked Bee was recommending we use it as a joke/troll.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom