Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Torment: Tides of Numenera Website Launched, InXile Asks for Feedback on Pledge Rewards

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:lol:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

80Maxwell08

Arcane
Well I don't think anyone posted this so they commented on the "Don't make anything exclusive to backers" and basically said they weren't going to do that.

grotsnik

Arcane

I'll add 10K to that pledge if a few small changes are made. Wind will be a super-cool ninja with a unique model and his own voice-acting. He'll be standing there in the marketplace when WNxWind first boots up the game, with awesome big hair and a giant poisoned dagger-bow strapped to his longcoat. All of the NPCs will have barks that say, 'Oh, my God, that's Wind!', 'Wow, Wind is so awesome', 'Wind totally fits with the tone of this kind of game and is a really good idea!' When Wind joins WNxWind's party, he'll have an automatic 6000-damage basic attack that will insta-kill any enemies.

Then, gradually, the ordinary conversations of the game will begin to disappear. At first random words will be replaced by 'Wind', then entire sentences. Soon every NPC will start to twitch and flicker, calmly reciting it as they fade away into oblivion, 'Wind. Wind. Wind.' Wind himself will start to trigger random conversations with the PC: 'Why did you waste so much money on me?' 'You've done it now. They're coming for you. They're coming and you can't hide.' Word Documents on WNxWind's computer will erase themselves and become replaced with 'Wind', written over and over. WNxWind will be hounded by phone calls and emails - a ghastly woman's voice, hissing it, 'Wind'. 'Wind'. Desperate and beginning to fear for his own safety, he'll write to Inxile support, but since his copy of the game is the only one that contains Wind, nobody will know what he's talking about. He'll tell his family members; they'll buy the game themselves and discover, to their horror, that there is no such character as Wind in Tides of Numenara.

They'll come for him at night, with a sedative and a straitjacket. As, screaming, he attempts in vain to cling on to his own bed, his computer screen will flash - and in one last brutal piece of irony, the final thing WNxWind sees before the hypodermic needle enters his arm will be the game's title screen.

TORMENT.

Then, perhaps, he'll understand.

Lancehead

Liturgist
I don't like that MCA involvement idea. If MCA is to be involved in a Torment game, I'd want him to be in-charge of it, not just design an area or some such.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

ksaun

Arcane
Developer
$0. We cannot risk healing our creative lead's tormented soul. We might end up with Rainbow Brite RPG or something. (Though I think Fargo picked up that IP, too... hmm...)

Hi Kevin. Looks like you've been flying undercover.

Thanks for the welcome. =) I was compelled to make an account last month when I saw someone expressing a wish for a real-time chess game (during some TB vs. RTwP debate). I posted to suggest they look into Kung-fu chess. (But hmm... there seems to be no record of this... perhaps the hallucinations have returned...)

Cosmo

Arcane
Project: Eternity
I don't like that MCA involvement idea. If MCA is to be involved in a Torment game, I'd want him to be in-charge of it, not just design an area or some such.

That's not gonna happen : you know as well as i do that he's burnt out on this kind of game (those that display "vomits of text" as he said last year)...

ironyuri

$0. We cannot risk healing our creative lead's tormented soul. We might end up with Rainbow Brite RPG or something. (Though I think Fargo picked up that IP, too... hmm...)

Thanks for the welcome. =) I was compelled to make an account last month when I saw someone expressing a wish for a real-time chess game (during some TB vs. RTwP debate). I posted to suggest they look into Kung-fu chess. (But hmm... there seems to be no record of this... perhaps the hallucinations have returned...)

Rainbow_Brite_and_Color_Kids_by_cwmodels.jpg

Looks like there's enough there for a full party, turn based RPG.

I'm sold.

Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Then, gradually, the ordinary conversations of the game will begin to disappear. At first random words will be replaced by 'Wind', then entire sentences. Soon every NPC will start to twitch and flicker, calmly reciting it as they fade away into oblivion, 'Wind. Wind. Wind.' Wind himself will start to trigger random conversations with the PC: 'Why did you waste so much money on me?' 'You've done it now. They're coming for you. They're coming and you can't hide.' Word Documents on WNxWind's computer will erase themselves and become replaced with 'Wind', written over and over. WNxWind will be hounded by phone calls and emails - a ghastly woman's voice, hissing it, 'Wind'. 'Wind'. Desperate and beginning to fear for his own safety, he'll write to Inxile support, but since his copy of the game is the only one that contains Wind, nobody will know what he's talking about. He'll tell his family members; they'll buy the game themselves and discover, to their horror, that there is no such character as Wind in Tides of Numenara.

If you just remove the mundane explanation for the phenomena, this is a perfect Borges pastiche, right down to the prose style.

:bro:

Indranys

Savant
I am about to Pledge 5K. Make me an optional character you can pick-up named "Wind" with amazing dagger/bow/poison use. <3 Thanks.

I am about to Pledge 5K. Make me an optional character you can pick-up named "Wind" with amazing dagger/bow/poison use. <3 Thanks.
:desu:

:hero:
Then let's help the poor man!

Make some new voting ideas at the site! I think these will do the justice:
Please make Wind-kun as optional character with amazing/dagger/bow poison use.
Please make Wind-chan as optional character with amazing/dagger/bow poison use. And as a protagonist little tranny bro sis who's so charming and adorable! So kawaii desu ne!
Please make Wind-sama as optional character with amazing/dagger/bow poison use. With a cool blonde hair. And can be romanced.

Only by such kindness the 8 virtues will be restored once again, and fulfill the true role of Codex.

Temaperacl

Erudite

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...s-numenera-setting.79547/page-13#post-2447549

Looks like there's enough there for a full party, turn based RPG.
Those look ... different ... than I remember.

I'm sold.
With a reasonable pitch that would stay true to the setting with a turn-based RPG? I'd probably donate for that.

CMcC

Larian Studios
Developer
We cannot risk healing our creative lead's tormented soul. We might end up with Rainbow Brite RPG or something.

We should torment him more then. Stretch goal: At $3M, Colin has to read from the Complete Book of Elves and explain what he was thinking.

At 3.5M, I will record a video abjectly apologizing. At $4M, I will do it in sackcloth and ashes.

80Maxwell08

Arcane
We cannot risk healing our creative lead's tormented soul. We might end up with Rainbow Brite RPG or something.

We should torment him more then. Stretch goal: At $3M, Colin has to read from the Complete Book of Elves and explain what he was thinking.

At 3.5M, I will record a video abjectly apologizing. At $4M, I will do it in sackcloth and ashes.
Guess I'll need to sell a couple organs after all.

Kz3r0

Arcane

Considering that it will get five millions is better that you prepare yourself.

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

I see sackcloth in your future:D.

winterraptor

Cipher
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
I mourn for that poor hair. Truly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom