Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Let's put a Codexian item / NPC into Divinity: Original Sin

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Codex Original Sin KickStarter Campaign; Divinity: Original Sin; Kickstarter

Larian Studios messed up their KickStarter by launching it two weeks earlier than intended because RPG Watch couldn't stop themselves from hitting the publish button on their preview. As a result, Larian launched their campaign right in the middle of PAX and while there were some pretty big KickStarters already under-way (like Torment).

I'm not joking.

You see, we didn’t plan on announcing our Kickstarter today. But somebody else decided for us, and that somebody was…

Myrthos !

Yes, the Myrthos from RPGWatch, my first stop in the morning to get my RPG news. He wrote a really positive hands-on article about Divinity: Original Sin (calling it Divine Divinity on steroids) for which we’re really grateful, but…

He published it today!

And… we only expected it to be published once the Kickstarter page was live, next week…

So…

Everything suddenly went into overdrive.​

Ignoring the fact that launching a KickStarter because of a small RPG fan-site publishing a glowing preview is asinine, we've been running the campaign quietly since then and have already hit our intended goal of $1,000 USD - enough to put some kind of inane item in, however now has come the time to make it front page news. There's only two worth-while community goals, either $1,000 to design an item or $1,500 to design an NPC. Beyond that, having a Codexian Troll jailer might be interesting but KickStarter fatigue means it's highly unlikely we'd reach the $5,000 required.

Don't let that stop you from donating though! Whatever amount we raise, we'll use it to bribe Larian into giving us some Codexian themed stuff which we'll all regret come launch day. Donate now!

In other news, as inXile are taking PayPal contributions until 30 April, we'll run our Torment campaign until about the 28th in the off-chance we might scrape the final $500 together to reach our $5,000 goal there. Don't forget to read the raffle details for that one.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
We coulkd go for $2.5k, to have a NPC with an Item! :)

Just give him a really flashy armor/weapon, and place him at the door of the guard house, talking about how awesome his items are. then watch how many players will try to kill him for the loot (that would be shitty). I would even make killing hm a secret achievemnt. :cool:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
For $2500 we can also get a statue (1 of 4) and make it look like Chris Avellone or Swen himself. Worth considering, IMO. :P

Dhralei

Learned
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
I agree that the goal should be set to 2'500 or heck even make it 5'000. Make us reach for unreachable goals:codexisfor:

Grimlorn

Arcane
Huge Codex looking troll that swings a club bashing in the head of a NPC named Myrthos somewhere in the game?

How much would that cost?

Angthoron

Arcane
Huge Codex looking troll that swings a club bashing in the head of a NPC named Myrthos somewhere in the game?

How much would that cost?
Or a Codex troll pissing on a watch tower.

I'd say set to 2,5K too, Larian are bros and deserve the money and media saturation.

Hell, I even stepped over my pride and sent an email to TotalBiscuit, though I doubt it'd help much since he don't take no requests. Still, who knows.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
fuck items. I want features.

Give me the ability to set a fixed seed to the item generation algorithm that doesn't take level into account on a config file somewhere.
There: Diablo--

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
:(

Still working on it but nearing the end. My job didn't make it easy. That said I finally managed to find the structure I wanted and it's going smoothly now.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I don't kick in to these things so my opinion is to be taken lightly but for this stuff I would always default to the troll. Would be cool if :rpgcodex: were omnipresent in all of these classic cRPG kickstarter games.

catfood

AGAIN
:(

Still working on it but nearing the end. My job didn't make it easy. That said I finally managed to find the structure I wanted and it's going smoothly now.
Don't fret bro, just take your time. You can always post it as a retrospective 6 years from now.

Garod

Novice
I guess allot of folks probably don't realize that this game is coming out later on this year, and it will give them a great game to tide them over until Torment or PE or any of the other games come out.

Angthoron

Arcane
By the way, good job on the new donations interface to Taluntain and DU, it's never been easier to lose my hard-earned cash on the Codex.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom