Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013

Last edited:
http://www.crazymeds.us/CrazyTalk/index.php?/topic/19762-the-thank-you-jerod-for-crazymeds-thread/

:hmmm:

edit: well, he sounds like a nice person at least.

http://www.crazymeds.us/CrazyTalk/index.php?/topic/9743-crazymedscom-is-now-a-valid-address/?p=64640

edit 1: But he's not a man of his word :decline:

http://www.crazymeds.us/CrazyTalk/i...scom-is-now-a-valid-address/page-1#entry65346

So, my username isn't Subidek, but I think I like that one better! I think I will use it next time I have to create an account for something
mad.gif

/Clockwork Roguey

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
You could just have the.com forward to the.net at the domain nameserver level, meaning you can forget about all the login bullshit.

Here's an example of proper implementation that doesn't suck:

www.crazymeds.com

Notice how it forwards to crazymeds.us. Clean, functional, logical.
Yeah, there was some reason why Taluntain couldn't do that or something because of the way we had set the .com up in the first place.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
I don't remember what the exact issue was any more, would need to dig up the thread or PMs where we discussed it, but I'm relatively sure it could be set up any way we wanted at this point. I'm not sure what exactly you're doing on a domain that hasn't been in use in nearly a decade, though.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
I don't remember what the exact issue was any more
I think it was because the .com was still the main site from memory, in terms of how it was setup on the old server. If we can do a seamless re-direct now, I'm all for it.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Yea, that was on the old server, but here I set .net as main. Actually, the idea was to drop .com and stop dragging it around as something that's going to be used since clearly it isn't... but right now it's aliasing .net and that's bound to cause problems. Oh and there was the mails issue too... I think I said leave it for a few months back then and we'll nuke it later, which never happened.

So you want me to make rpgcodex.com* redirect to rpgcodex.net?

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
So you want me to make rpgcodex.com* redirect to rpgcodex.net?
Yeah, and we should always hold on to the .com - even when we're no longer using it. Valuable domain brand and all that.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
I meant drop as in not use it as a fully functional domain when .net is clearly the only one with that role. Of course we'd want to hold on to it.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
There's a permanent wildcard redirect now in place for .com, so hitting .com/abc.php will redirect to .net/abc.php. This should make it more seamless than redirecting everything to .net/index.php.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom