Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Final Fantasy VIII Available on Steam

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Final Fantasy VIII; Square Enix

Jaesun's favorite RPG, Final Fantasy VIII, is now available on Steam. Naturally, it also includes built-in cheats, just like the recent FF7 release, as well as the Codex's favorite feature -- Steam achievements!

It is a time of war. Galbadia, a Global Superpower, has declared war on Dollet, a country whose training academy is home to two personalities: the hot-headed Seifer and the 'lone wolf', Squall Leonhart. Both are equally at conflict with each other as their country is with Galbadia; to others, Squall appears lacking in team spirit, while Seifer lacks the discipline of his rival. However, a chance encounter with the free-spirited Rinoa Heartilly turns Squall's universe upside down; having thrived on discipline, Squall find the carefree Rinoa fascinating. He also begins to dream that he is Laguna Loire, a Galbadian army soldier…

Meanwhile, a sorceress manipulates the most powerful men in Galbadia.
Will Squall and his party succeed in defeating this maniacal sorceress and saving their world?
What part does the mysterious Laguna play? Only you can decide what happens next, as the greatest Role Playing Adventure of all time returns...

Key Features:
  • Magic Booster
When Magic Booster is used, the player’s inventory of the following spells is increased by 100: Cure, Cura, Curaga, Fire, Fira, Blizzard, Blizzara, Thunder, Thundara, Sleep, Blind, Silence, Berserk, Bio, Esuna, Aero, Confuse, Break, Zombie. This feature can be used from the launcher.
  • Chocobo World
This version of FFVIII includes the full game “Chocobo World” that was released as a separate application for previous versions. It is possible to play “Chocobo World” directly from the launcher after booting up FFVIII and by fulfilling certain specific conditions in the main game you will also be able to synchronise data between the two games.​

Grab the game here if you feel like paying $11.99/12,99€ for it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I never got the impression that Balamb Garden had any political affiliation with Dollet, nor that Squall and Seifer viewed it as "their country". :M

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I waited for this with bated breath and my heart nearly skipped a beat when I saw this post.

south_park_stan.jpg

I never got the impression that Balamb Garden had any political affiliation with Dollet, nor that Squall and Seifer viewed it as "their country". :M

The garden is mobile, it's just sort of stationed there.

oljebox

Educated
Ties for best Final Fantasy game with FF-X. Too bad they went all Japanese on the third act. Also too bad it's on Steam.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I enjoyed Final Fantasy VIII.

I did, too. Mostly because I didn't like Cloud from FF7 as a protagonist with his "I'm a loner because of my mysterious past angst" schtick, so Squall was a refreshing character. I liked playing Squall, who seemed more reserved and quiet due to some of his fellow classmates, but willing to work with others earlier into the game. I really didn't dislike a Final Fantasy until FFX, FFX-2, and FF12 (which is the only one of the series I started and never finished). I haven't touched a Final Fantasy since FF12.

Athelas

Arcane
This game has level scaling, a stat system that punishes and cripples your characters for daring to use magic and a story that's retarded even by weaboo standards. Avoid at all costs.

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath
Got hours into it years ago and gave up because I lost interest. I played it after 7 and it seemed like they were trying too hard to distance it from 7, like they felt like every final fantasy has to reinvent the franchise. It made a bunch of stupid decisions, like remove experience from boss fights.

I'm guessing the part about Steam Achievements being the codex's favorite was sarcastic. Who in their right mind cares about achievements?

oljebox

Educated
Save some money and time, bros.

Much more entertaining than the game, and also free.

Was funny until he started doing the voices. Don't know if I can sit through much of that. It's really fucking annoying.

Also, people need to stop the Two men! Can you feel all the latent homosexuality? shit. It just marks them as retards.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ah, old Spoony, when he was just a mumbling profanity-spewing son of a bitch and not a basement-dwelling "Internet celebrity".

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Really liked some of the levels and the music in this game. The combat music when you play as that other guy when you dream, aw yeah.

oljebox

Educated
The guy in the video is complaining that the Junction System is too complicated. Sign of a mouthbreather. Someone give MicoSelva a dumbfuck tag.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom