Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Shadowrun: Dragonfall delayed to February 27th, gets new trailer

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Harebrained Schemes; Shadowrun Returns; Shadowrun: Dragonfall

I was hoping that Shadowrun: Dragonfall would be part of the January of Incline, but it looks like the guys at Harebrained Schemes needed a little more time. The game's official site has the details, together with a spiffy new trailer:

Shadowrun: Dragonfall is a new campaign expansion for Shadowrun Returns. This thrilling full-length campaign takes players to the city of Berlin and is packed with new features, characters, environments, weapons, cyberware, enemies, and other enhancements to the Shadowrun Returns experience. Shadowrun: Dragonfall will arrive on February 27th, 2014 for Windows, OSX, and Linux and will sell for $14.99. It’s available for pre-order on Steam and a DRM-free version will be available on GOG.com.

A one month delay isn't too bad. It's probably for the best, considering all the competition they've got this month!

Diggfinger

Arcane
Doubt I will be going back there. While I enjoyed SR, it was ultimately too shallow to make much of a lasting impression.

Zetor

Arcane
SRR is a decent (not great) game with a well-written-but-rushed-and-super-linear main campaign and fairly simplistic RPG gameplay. If it was released today instead of the middle of the Great RPG Drought Of 2013, it'd be received a lot more negatively and I don't think too many people would be talking about DLC/expansions. Ultimately, just like NWN, the editor could save this game from obscurity... but the fact that they didn't even try to implement any kind of object persistence with the "savegame patch" doesn't fill me with much hope on that front.

I'm still looking forward to this (I'm getting it for free anyway), and if nothing else, it'll be 10 or so hours of mostly well-written and good-looking 'rpg-lite' fun.

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
I enjoyed the original campaign, so it's very likely I'll get this as well. Don't really mind the delay - I've got a bunch of other stuff to play at the moment anyway. :)

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
They can fuck off with their overpriced DLC until it gets a 75% discount.

11153.jpg

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I really dislike this type of communication strategy, they announce the game for this month, and then wait for the end of the month to announce a delay, when its readily apparent they are nowhere near being able to meet their original release date.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I also liked the original game, despite the obvious shortcomings. Definitely a good for what it is, with great writing and music.
They definitely react to feedback. Not implementing most basic savegame functionality shows incompetence, but admitting the mistake and completely rewriting the save system shows some devotion and that they are listening and caring about the community. This alone is support worthy, IMO.

And they said they would make the second campaign more open and reactive.
I'm not expecting a Fallout here, but improvements are definitely needed to make it more enjoyable for most.
My hopes are up.

Also, Berlin. Best city in town!

Zetor

Arcane
"savegame patch"
So they did release a patch for that? I thought it wouldn't be a feature at all until this expansion.
It's currently in beta. See notes here. There are some bugs/issues with it currently, but they get some points for doing it*, at least!

* and lose some points for not even attempting to add any kind of module-level persistence

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The rule of thumb is sales are about 10x the concurrent players, right? That's pretty impressive by SRR.

The rule probably doesn't apply in this case because many/perhaps most of those players are backers.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The rule probably doesn't apply in this case because many/perhaps most of those players are backers.
How is that any different from any other Steam game you can preorder?

Also look at Double Fine's pathetic showing compared to the number of backers they had. :M

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Also look at Double Fine's pathetic showing compared to the number of backers they had. :M

Fair point.

I do think however that the size of Shadowrun Returns' player count on release was aided by the fact that:

1) It was a very quick download (just 767 megabytes).
2) Possibly it was released precisely at an hour when there were a lot of players awake and at their computers.
3) Shadowrun's backers are just plain more hardcore.

Last edited:

4too

Arcane
Where Have All THe Flowers Gone?

cherry blossom said:
Where is Berlin? I don't see any place recognizably Berlin in that video.

{mood setting}

Might as well be Berlin Ohio, perhaps in huddled Amish homesteads mutter the accents laced with archaic 'Deutsch'.

In the bone yard of nationalisms, corporations have risen from the special rights of merchant princes through the passive aggressive powers of shadow government conspirators to the pinnacles of local demigods.

A pantheon of collectivised capital now the deities over pleasure and pain, life and death. Socio-political class identities beaten down into subservient caste system.

The torn Terran land mass is now one mighty mall 'from seas to shining seas'!

Towering temples, the big box stores.

Rally to the reigning Walmart for deep, dire discounts on the final, rationed consumer commodities.

Starbucks for breakfast, McDonald's for lunch, and the choice and consequences of Pizza Hut or Kentucky Fried Chicken for your 'last' supper !

For it is now 'alles' THE SPRAWL, the Gibson-esque Neo-Dark Age.

The tattoo of the mark of the beast(s) is not be a number, but a bar code.

:(

{/mood setting}

And if we can't LARP that, then we have to lump it! ;)

4too

Last edited:

Boxer

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Came here to ask, if this Constarter gaym has been patched to the retail state. Got the answer already. How many years is it gonna take...?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom