Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Underrail Dev Log #31: New Meds, Psi, and Weapons; Core City Sneak Peek

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Stygian Software; Underrail

Styg has posted a new development update for his turn-based postapocalyptic RPG Underrail, available on Steam Early Access and scheduled to be released later this year.

Hey guys. The development of the next city-state in the world of Underrail is in full swing. Core City, the metropolis of the South Underrail, is the largest of the urban areas this game will feature. Here's a little sneak peek:

I've added more firearms: one new pistol, one new SMG, two more assault rifles and two more sniper rifles. Also added two new crossbows. One model from each of the weapon categories (pistol, SMG, crossbow, etc) will be only available through crafting. This doesn't mean it will necessarily be stronger than the others, just different.

I've tweaked the base stats (damage spread, crit chance, crit bonus, precision, etc) of each of the firearm and crossbow models to diversify them further and make the choice between them more meaningful when crafting or purchasing. I won't be adding any more craftable firearms or crossbows to the game (though we will be adding unique ones), instead I'll be adding more weapon enhancements you'll be able to add to the mix when crafting your weapon of choice. These new enhancements will only be available through crafting, meaning, they won't appear (or will appear extremely rarely) on randomly generated gear.

Additionally, in the future I will be adding more character feats that will play on strengths of thoughtfully crafted and enhanced custom weapons. E.g. if you make a character build that gives you a number of ways to perform on-demand critical hits, you'll want to stack critical damage bonus and use a slow hard hitting weapon; while on the other hand if you have feats that give you extra on-hit effects (such as flat damage bonus) with critical hits and have high dexterity you'll want to use quick light weapons with high critical hit chance.​

There are also some additional changes to items, creatures, and psi, as well as a bunch of bug fixes. For more screenshots and the full changelist, refer to the original update.

KickAss

Augur
uhghghg...
I think this is my most anticipated game right now.
I'm having a real hard time saving myself for marriage for the complete game...

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
uhghghg...

The same situation. I'm following this for almost a year now, maybe more, and fuck it ... any info on release date?

Monty

Arcane
So what made the prestigious gaming magazine RPGCodex decide to put Styg's game on the front page?

The promise of review copies? :troll:

9629.jpg

Zdzisiu

Arcane
uhghghg...

The same situation. I'm following this for almost a year now, maybe more, and fuck it ... any info on release date?
In the other tread Styg said "this year for sure"!. And that the most detail you gonna get.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Additionally, in the future I will be adding more character feats that will play on strengths of thoughtfully crafted and enhanced custom weapons. E.g. if you make a character build that gives you a number of ways to perform on-demand critical hits, you'll want to stack critical damage bonus and use a slow hard hitting weapon; while on the other hand if you have feats that give you extra on-hit effects (such as flat damage bonus) with critical hits and have high dexterity you'll want to use quick light weapons with high critical hit chance.

:love:

jdinatale

Cipher
I normally think hack and slashers look pretty lame, but this looks like incline to me.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
oh shit it's a joke parade..okay okay

my turn

Visual Novels is not my cup of tea. But I liked this one very much.

Raapys

Arcane
I'm normally not a fan of 3D Gay Villa, but this one looks like it's doing it right.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Normally I don't like Hall and Oates tour simulators but this one looks quite enjoyable.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Normally I would never try a classic turn based cRPG but this one is very nice.

:troll:

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
I generally don't purchase vaporware, but in this case I made an exception.
:troll:
Styg's a bro. I've been reading the entire Underrail development thread and I'm really impressed on how he took a solid prototype and kept adding layer after layer of incline with each subsequent update.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom