Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News CD Projekt Summer Conference: Witcher 3 pre-order and trailer, Witcher digital board game, and more

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: CD Projekt; GOG; Marcin Iwinski; The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt; The Witcher Adventure Game

CD Projekt held a short 30 minute "Summer Conference" this evening, hosted by joint CEO Marcin Iwinski. The main event was the announcement that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is now available for pre-order. As is usual for announcements of this sort, there was a detailed breakdown of the contents of the game's various editions, including an unboxing video for the Collector's Edition and a hilariously pretentious "documentary" about the statuette it contains. Marcin also revealed an exact release date for the game - February 24th, 2015. But the main attraction was the unveiling of yet another Witcher 3 trailer:

Ciri, Yennefer, and the Emperor of Nilgaard, oh my! Are you excited, Codex? If you'd like to pre-order, the price is $60, but there's a 15% discount if you own one of the previous two Witcher games, and 20% if you own both. Not bad.

But that's not all. After the Witcher 3 segment of the conference was complete, Marcin invited GOG manager Guillaume Rambourg up on stage to announce the second big news of the day, the unveiling of a new GOG.com desktop client called "GOG Galaxy", and along with it, a new game that will utilize its cross-platform features. It's name is "The Witcher Adventure Game", although it's not actually an adventure game but rather some kind of digital board game. Here's the trailer:

Somewhat confusingly, a tabletop version with the same name was already announced in January, although it doesn't seem like many people noticed. Whatever the case, it's about to enter "multiplayer closed beta". You can get two keys for that if you pre-order Witcher 3.

Last edited:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
all that hype and not a single word about cyberpunk.

cancelled game confirmed.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Well, it was already going to come out way in the future. After Witcher 3's delay, even further.

Hellraiser

Arcane

Well, it was already going to come out way in the future. After Witcher 3's delay, even further.

Now we know why it is called Cyberpunk 2077

:troll:

Bloody hell CD Projekt, release a concept art or something, talk about a part of Night City you are designing, you're making George R.R. Martin look productive by comparison FFS!

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I think their marketing strategy is to hype one game at a time. Now it's the Witcher, so Cyberpunk would just be noise. After the Witcher's out we'll be drowning in Cyberpunk hype.

Also, they need Cyberpunk as a second setting that's different from the Witcher. Cancelling would be a dumb move.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Ooh Ciri and Yennefer !

Anyway it seems there's a nother hidden message in this trailer, it appears for a moment right after the last frame :

We’ve missed you!
Today you got a look at the third trailer for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. We hope you liked it!
There’s so much more in this game that it’s just impossible to show everything within two and a half minutes. Still we tried
icon_smile.gif

More importantly we just showed you some of the main characters.
Geralt’s close friends and some of the last witchers remaining in the world – Vesemir, Eskel and Lambert – will play a big part in the game, as well their famous fortress Kaer Morhen.
You also got a glimpse of the (?)ned bard Dandelion and the sorceress Triss Merigold.
Emhyr var Emreis, Emperor of Nilfgaard, the most powerful man in the world of The Witcher also made an appearance. Recognize his voice?
And then there was Ciri!
And Yennefer!
By the way, if you’re new to the series, don’t worry, the game will introduce you into all you need to know, and you’ll start loving (and hating!) characters in no time!
Also, you’ve been asking us many questions about gameplay features and we’re finally ready to answer some of them – so here it goes:
Yes, you will be able to fight while on horseback
The crossbow. Yup, Geralt can use ranged weapon. Because sometimes monsters fly and you can’t reach them.
Remember swimming and sailing. You’ll be able to dive and search for a lot of hidden stuff too. There’s a whole underwater world to discover.
Horse racing anyone?
You also got to hear more music from the game. This particular track was composed by Marcin Przybyłowicz & Percival. We’d love to hear your feedback. Fire away in the comments or on the game’s Facebook/Twitter/forums. Remember, we’re always listening, even if we’re not getting back to you.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Team
CD PROJEKT RED
PS. If you’re still waiting for more (you are, right?), please be patient. We’re just warming up.
PPS. Have you seen the Collector’s Edition video? What do you think about the figure?
PPPS. We’ve just announced a closed multiplayer beta of The Witcher Adventure Game (?) & let the GOG.com guys (?) you.

kaizoku

Arcane

It would only be good for what it's worth(tm) anyway :troll:

Waiting for a future Obsidian cyberpunk KS.
:desu:

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
(1) can Geralt use spears?
(2) will there be dragons?
(3) will Geralt maybe ride the dragons?

The only thing I'm curious about at this point is (1) what is the working canon and (2) will there be a save file generator like the Dragon Age Keep?

Explorerbc

Arcane
And I still haven't played Witcher 2 because of my crappy pc :/

I am so hyped for this

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Eh, CDProjeckt has no conceivable reason to cancel Cyberpunk 2077. Not with going on 7,000,000 YouTube views and a tired Fantasy setting that's got at least one more big hit in it to generate a cash flow.

I mean, not unless they're about to go bankrupt. /:

Last edited:

DreadMessiah

Liturgist
Gonna need a lot more time to kill the vile. How long does it take to realize people are shit and either you like killing or you don't. Save the lame Ideals garbage. Really hating the lame drivel spewed forth lately in game related videos.

jdinatale

Cipher
4/10, not enough grim dark edgy for my tastes.

Oh and if Geralt doesn't get to have sex with Dandelion in this game, I will feel oppressed by the cis rape culture patriarchy.

Last edited:

CWagner

Augur
I finally updated my graphic card so I can play The Witcher 2. I should be done by the time W3 is out ;)

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
I just upgraded my old HD6870 to a HD7950 so I can get some mileage from those visuals.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Trailer looks a bit... biowarish, with waifu and some outside force coming for people. But I guess trailers are always like that.
It looks promising... I mean, mounted and even squad based combat (that part where Geralt rides with many people with him on some mission), flying creatures to kill. Makes me wonder if Red's finally evolved their combat into something better than just roll-spam.

...I'm afraid for my PC, it will probably melt into a pile of plastic and metals trying to run that.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Looks very cinematic. $90 AUD for me ($71 with w1 & w2 discount), fuck you gog. When the fuck did they get regional pricing?

Think I'll be sitting on this until it hits bargain bin.

Last edited:

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'd be lying if I said that didn't leave me a bit hyped.
I think I'll wait a bit to find out if the Aussie edition is going to get censored like it did for TW2.

Shame about the xbone and the piss four though.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
Anybody else notice that they never show the combat beyond like one "cinematic" swing of a sword against a perfectly positioned enemy. I haven't really been following this closely, is there any solid videos of combat? Or is this the it looks great, but then boom! retardo click fest scenario.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Trailer looks a bit... biowarish, with waifu and some outside force coming for people.

It's pretty simple and spelled out.
TW2 we learned that she and Geralt was kidnapped by the Wild Hunt. Only Geralt escaped with lost memories.
TW3 trailer confirms that she somehow escaped and the Wild Hunt is burning a trail of destruction chasing after her.
If it's not enough to hook people in, people shouldn't care about the plot anymore.

Now compare that to DA:I's

Garbled as fuck...something ain't right...come fix it...buy our game. I'm not looking forward to this. Duh!
Morrigan appears... change is coming...maybe it won't be shit this time...some people in Codex won't like it...They will fight it ...
Cue epic theme and no words spoken as Dragon roars, scaring goats away, you must Steel yourself for what is to come, we BOTH must! silent monsters appear animatedly adverbingly as the overcam sweeps over a city blasted by meteors falling from the sky.
Then cue the metrosexual dwarf giving a speech about reason to fight because paying 59.99 isn't enough reason to play through this game.

Something isn't right indeed, Bioware.

m_s0

Arcane

They could've at least mentioned it. I can't imagine why they bothered announcing it that early if they didn't intend to, say, even acknowledge its existence at this conference thing. Just to atract talent with a "hidden" message and talk about Witcher 3?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom