Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Tactical Simulations Interactive founded by SSI alumni

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: David Klein; David Shelley; Gold Box; Paul Murray; Strategic Simulations, Inc.; Tactical Simulations Interactive

In an age where spiritual successors of classic games are announced seemingly every month, it might not come as a surprise to eventually encounter a spiritual successor of an entire company. We just received this press release:

Introducing TSI – Tactical Simulations Interactive

August 8, 2014 - Los Angeles, USA /… Tactical Simulations Interactive (TSI), a new independent video games studio with old school RPG sensibilities, has been established by Strategic Simulations Inc. veterans Paul Murray and David Shelley, and company President David Klein.

Drawing on their experience at SSI, the team at TSI aims to provide the next step in meaningful player experiences in the same way that SSI's ‘Gold Box’ titles did during the 1980s and 1990s.

David Shelley takes on the role of Producer/Lead Designer, while Paul Murray serves as Technical Designer at TSI. The team was integral to the international success of Strategic Simulations Inc.’s genre-defining RPGs, such as Curse of the Azure Bonds, Pool of Radiance, and Wizard's Crown.

David Shelley, Producer/Lead Designer, TSI said:

“Tactical Simulations Interactive is a return to providing the player full control of their party, with a focus on creating immersive and unforgettable story experiences, exciting exploration, meaningful social/political choices, and robust tactical combat.”

The Gold Box series of Advanced Dungeons & Dragons RPGs were produced by SSI between 1988 and 1993 using the same game engine, provided a quality game experience that was “true to tabletop” and allowed players to create, customize and control a full party with tactical combat. They earned the Gold Box moniker because of the gold boxes that they came packaged in, with the series also acting as a precursor to RPG classics like Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape Torment and Neverwinter Nights.

Tactical Simulations Interactive will reveal more details about its debut title in the near future. To keep updated, visit:

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TSIGames

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/TSIGames
Well then. I did not see this one coming. The TSI website has a timer, counting down to nine days from now. I guess we'll see what they have planned then.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
The only proof of them being legit is release of GoldBox on GOG.

No srsy, this "Tactical" in company's name is too cheesy to believe.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The only proof of them being legit is release of GoldBox on GOG.

I doubt that's within their rights. We don't even know if they actually plan to work with D&D. They might end up rolling their own system. (I guess D20 or OGL or whatever is a more likely option?)

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I'm guessing they aren't getting the D&D license but you never know.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Never played any of the Goldbox games myself, but from I understand these guys were pretty fucking major.

This is damned cool news.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Very interesting!

The PR company they are using is the same as inXile's apparently (Dead Good Media). They have a whole KS section on their site. So yeah, looks like a Kickstarter!

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I can't believe you faggots aren't more excited about this!

But I guess it's those cynicism glasses, eh?

Edit: this was just me being me. If you Google translate my comment it would read: :love:

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Why isn't this the first news post on the front page instead of Roguey's dumb bullshit?

ETA: In other words, why is his review pinned?

Alchemist

Arcane
Guys, check this out: From TSI's webpage:
DwNkmGB.png

And compare it to this:
oWcPQZR.png

Notice anything in common?

I actually think it's in the realm of possibility this could be a real D&D licensed project.

In any case, this is exciting news! I like how it's a mashup of TSR and SSI names. 9 days is the tail end of GenCon - so maybe an announcement will be made there.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
cMH3BpOe.png

That's a very shitty logo, and someone did an even worst photoshop job with those black corners... sadly, I smell a cheap cash grab.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Tentatively interested.

A late Sunday night/early Monday morning announcement is certainly a weird time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom