Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Square Enix E3 2015 Showcase: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided "in-game" trailer, release in early 2016

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided; Eidos Montreal; Square Enix

The final major publisher to present at this year's E3 is the Japanese Square Enix, who since 2009 have owned the UK-based Square Enix Europe, formerly known as Eidos, along with all their intellectual properties. Among these properties is the Deus Ex franchise, the latest installment of which, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, was first revealed back in April. Eidos Montreal manager David Anfossi and lead writer Mary DeMarle came on stage near the end of the conference to present the game's latest trailer, which they described as an "in-game" trailer, but well, see for yourself:

Uh, I guess you can spot some gameplay elements in there, in between the story cutscenes. Hopefully we'll get to see something more substantial later on. The game is set to be released early next year.

Meanwhile, the Japanese part of Square Enix is reaffirming its dedication to its traditional JRPG business. At the end of the conference, company president Yosuke Matsuda announced the founding of a new studio in Japan dedicated entirely to JRPGs, with the appropriate name of "Tokyo RPG Factory". I guess this is the ultimate conclusion of Square Enix's dramatic announcement from last March. Good for them.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
To paraphrase a recent sentiment from Patrick "downgrade" Mills, anything shown more than a few months from release is fake fake fake so they shouldn't even bother making a "gameplay" trailer.

throwaway

Cipher
I'm the last one to bash our resident newsposting bot for covering mainstream games but I feel this newsbit lacks an adequate emphasis of
:beheadweeaboos:

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Actual gameplay starts at about 2:45 for people who don't want to hear the host and french canadian talk for almost 3 minutes.

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
The game is fine, for me the main problems with HR were that it was too futuristic, and no post cyberpunk like the first one, the run down and "real world" locations added to the game, also HR lacks the sense of ambiguity and paranoia of even Invisible war had. Its badly written and most quests are boring as hell.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I'm certain you are both.

HR was crap though. :M

How was it any 'worse' than Mass Effect? Or the host of anime atrocities Bee plays? It's all relative. Also eff you for hiding behind a private Steam profile and not being my friend so I can't display the 100 hours you have in HR!

Diablo169

Arcane
Yup it was a mediocre Deus Ex game, i still enjoyed the hell out of it for what it was though. I think part of that is down to Elias Toufexis, I could listen to him narrate a fucking cookery book.

If they tighten up the boss fights in the sequel, and seed the ending choices throughout the later acts of the game instead of placing 4 big fucking buttons in-front of you then I'll be happier.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
All right, here is the official 25 minute gameplay demo:

This gameplay footage was captured from an Alpha build and does not represent the final quality of the game. For the purpose of this demo, we have activate full life, energy and ammo. /!\ SPOILER SCENE FROM 18:25to 22:20 /!\

Mech

Cipher
HR was fine for a Deus Ex game other than the shitty boss fights and the last little section of the game.

Stop being such perfectionists.

Stormcrowfleet

Aeon & Star Interactive
Developer
They now have no choice but to remake the original one : if not, 75% of what happen in DE1 (including technology and aesthetics) makes no sense. I just hope they won't screw it up.

Nuclear Explosion

HR was fine for a Deus Ex game other than the shitty boss fights and the last little section of the game.
The original game also had terrible boss fights and a weak final section.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sonus

Educated
Repeating that isn't a worse mistake?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom