Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout A Fallout 1/2 inspired isometric cRPG from New Blood Interactive

Codex Year of the Donut
The Fallout curse is to never do anything new, just make shallow impressions of a better game.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Concesus is that ATOM games are good, even very good and company CEO regularly posts and listens to criticism posted here. Overall impression is that since they've also been successful enough, that they are RPG studio with bright future. Codex looks forward to next Atomboy game

jackofshadows

Magister
ATOM and ATOM:Trudograd disagree
Lol. Lmao.
we get it, you're butthurt over the ATOM games because you're Russian and they're Ukrainian. You can stop posting about it everytime they're mentioned.
No rusty for fucks sake I've expressed my opinion on both of them long before their anti-war statement and as you very well put ATOM games are exactly that: shallow impressions of a better game.

Codex Year of the Donut
Lol. Lmao.
we get it, you're butthurt over the ATOM games because you're Russian and they're Ukrainian. You can stop posting about it everytime they're mentioned.
No rusty for fucks sake I've expressed my opinion on both of them long before their anti-war statement and as you very well put ATOM games are exactly that: shallow impressions of a better game.
you seem very angry

jackofshadows

Magister
Lol. Lmao.
you seem very angry
Ok let's just say you've successfully trolled me by saying a lie about me. You can stop shill for those games in every corner too by the way, especially since hivemind apparently tells they're very good anyway.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
I'll get excited as soon as they show something that makes it look like a fun RPG, and not just a collection of pretty assets with headliner names attached.

Häyhä

Arbiter
I think I heard that before that he stole from some band? There was some youtube comments about it.

Yes, unfortunately he is a stealing hack and it wasn't just from Aphex Twin. I was pretty shocked and disappointed when I learned this many years ago as I love the Fallout soundtrack, but it is what it is. That kind of thing was probably more common in the 90s.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
You guys would fuck a dead dog if they'd let you, that's how much taste you have. This game looks like a Christmas bauble and you're excited. I've yet to find a single thing that doesn't get you excited.

You could be enjoying the art below. Instead you'll be eating shiny happy shit that came out of a teletubbie's ass.

alexander-berezin-br-1.gif
Ok. When is this coming out??

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I think I heard that before that he stole from some band? There was some youtube comments about it.

Yes, unfortunately he is a stealing hack and it wasn't just from Aphex Twin. I was pretty shocked and disappointed when I learned this many years ago as I love the Fallout soundtrack, but it is what it is. That kind of thing was probably more common in the 90s.

Nothing disappointing at all. Musicians have been steeling borrowing from each other for ages. Meet Massive Attack who made their whole career steeling borrowing whole songs and rhythms. 80-s, 90-s and partly 00-s were boom years for sampler music. Iconic Terminator’s theme was built around the first default sound from the synth‘s factory programmed library. It doesn’t matter how you did it, the final result is what matters.

None of those tracks Morgan took inspiration in could have compliment the Fallout world as good as Mark’s OST have. What he did was basically adapting vaguely matching songs to the Fallout world, and he did an amazing job (while also avoiding being sued by Eno’s ass rape lawyer brigades).

Mortmal

Arcane
You guys would fuck a dead dog if they'd let you, that's how much taste you have. This game looks like a Christmas bauble and you're excited. I've yet to find a single thing that doesn't get you excited.

You could be enjoying the art below. Instead you'll be eating shiny happy shit that came out of a teletubbie's ass.

alexander-berezin-br-1.gif
Ok. When is this coming out??
Start a kickstarter with a few pics like this and you sure can steal 100-300k easily without ever delivering anything.

Lemming42

Arcane
Why the fuck is it literally just Fallout. I don't understand why a group of people would sit down and invest their time and effort in making something that already exists. The tragedy is that they've clearly got the talent, the time, and the resources to make a top-quality original game, but instead we get Fallout retrofuturism visuals, a Fallout-"inspired" setting, a Fallout-knockoff UI, even the fucking Fallout text font. Even Mark Morgan's back, presumably this time he'll be lifting some random Soundcloud teen's ambient music since ripping off Aphex Twin would be absolutely fraught these days*. That combat system is the only thing that looks notably different, and even that is presented as "what if Fallout had different combat?!?!?!".

This is a problem with the throwback/boomer trend in general, people seem to forget that a big part of what made 90s games so exciting was the creativity on display. "Our game is inspired by Heretic/Hexen!!!! Our game is inspired by Duke!!!" Alright great why don't you fucking make something fresh. Can you imagine if, when they sat down to make Fallout, interplay had decided to directly copy Wasteland's aesthetic and interface and atmosphere and style, and market it as a "Wasteland-like" and a "throwback RPG that'll take you straight back to the 80s"? We might not be sitting here talking about it 25 years later.

Excited to see what's next on New Blood's agenda. Maybe "Alloy Cog Hard", a stealth game (with faithfully-recreated shitty PS1 graphics with awful draw distance!!!!) where you play as headband-clad stealth operative HARD COCK, who must sneak through snowy facilities at night and dispatch balaclava-wearing guards. Look -- we've even precisely recreated MGS' radio call interface! How cool is that!

*i love mark morgan and i think his ripoffs are typically better than the originals

Lord Rocket

Erudite
A short new video

NO NO NO. Wasteland (and Lords of Xulima, more recently) already tried this and it's obvious based on that 3rd person exploration/1st person combat, while functional, is not the way. If you must mix perspectives then 1p exploration, 3p combat is where it's at, fuckin Pool of Radiance came out in like 1988, everyone should know this by now.

If you want faster combat then try something like an orders/resolution phase-based game (ie. a turn-based/RTWP hybrid where you give orders to your units and then resolution is resolved simultaneously in something like real time) or even a Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup type thing where you take turns based on how quick your last action resolved. There are options beyond IGOUGO without doing goofy shit.

Last edited:

None

Scholar

Honestly I see nothing wrong with Fallout's combat other than execution. Tweaking and balancing, addition of features would go a long way. Not sure how I feel about bringing it down to the 1st person perspective.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom