Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A Game for the Cleve in all of us!

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I want to play it. But the tutorial video..
some nasal bitch said:
to close windows you can click on the close button in the corner of the box
I can't take much of this
the higher your lethality stat is, the easier it is to kill people. the higher your infection stat is, the easier it is to infect people

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
kingcomrade said:
I want to play it. But the tutorial video..
some nasal bitch said:
to close windows you can click on the close button in the corner of the box
I can't take much of this

If the tutorial doesn't tell you how to wipe out Madagascar then don't bother watching it.

sabishii

Arbiter
Fuck, I got over-excited and forgot to infect the Western Hemisphere before they shut down all ports/airports. =(

Suicidal

Arcane
Played it before. Failed to infect 4 islands (Japan, Greenland, Madagascar and New Zealand) but everything else was dead.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Can't seem to win. For some reason the diseases are incurable, so it always becomes some mass epidemic in one country before it can spread to all the rest. Then they all shut their borders and shit, even to diseases with no symptoms.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Yeah, I try to figure out how to infect countries while being as less visible as possible but it's seems hard.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Jesus, I agree with kingcomrade, that didn't need to be two videos. Seriously, just confirming that "no, you can't do anything other than wait to get more points and buy stuff" (which I'd figured out quite easily myself while the first video was playing thank you very much) was all they had to do.

Game is boring? You kind of just infect everywhere and then... wait... and wait... and wait... for people to die while you wait for stuff to increase so you can buy more death-causing options. And if a place closes all its borders, that's it. You may as well re-start. Why is there no faster speed than hour-by-hour? In fact, it just seems to be a matter of waiting until you have heaps of evolution points and then buying everything except symptoms at once, then when you've infected everywhere, buy your symptoms.

"United States completely devoid of life." Tell me something I don't know? Hyuk hyuk. I can't get bloody Madagascar though.

GeneralSamov

Prophet
Indeed, they only have a port and good luck. I managed to infect everywhere but Canada, US (how unexpected) and Madagascar. Gotta try selling a syndrome and see if it helps keeping the attention away from me long enough the 3rd try...

Btw, the moment I saw it I thought 'WTF? They're already ripping off DefCon?'

Korgan

Arbiter
Killed 2 billion. Could've been a nice little game if they didn't forget to include gameplay. In its current state it's a hardcore You Have To Burn The Rope for /b/tards.

mahdi

Liturgist
Somehow I got 5th place all time highest score on my first try. I killed everyone except Madagascar and New Zealand. Unfortunately, I can't seem to replicate that success, even with no symptoms. This game sucks.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Fuck! I was so close... but then hit some AD button by mistake.

Gragt is right, you have to stay in the shadows as long as possible.

01zc8.jpg

02fa4.jpg

03yz1.jpg

04ej7.jpg

05jr3.jpg

06mk6.jpg

More gameplay, this is the only thing this game needs.

Korgan

Arbiter
My virus got Ablaze, Famous and Apocalyptic. Also, are "parasites" some alien shit or just something like tapeworms? The latter feels kinda dumb and underwhelming.

Unwanted

Zinc

Unwanted
On my first attempt, I finished the game having still not infected 4 regions. Then, on my second attempt, I finished having not infected only 2 regions. But, guess which one I scored more points on? This game is retarded.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I picked parasite cause I figured lower visibility was good, had no visible symptoms had infected less than a thousand people, no fatalities, and Eastern Europe sealed up tight as a fucking drum so I couldn't spread, So all I managed to do was make Eastern Europe a graveyard.

Lumpy

Arcane
ZOMG there is a disease that doesn't do anything! We must lock down our country!

Inziladun

Magister
Killed everyone... except Peru. I find it funny how Peru can lock down all their borders and stop rodents, insects, and infected people from getting in. BTW, the way to win is to get rid of your symptoms and then put it on 3x speed and just sit there for an hour or so accumulating points(Just make sure you aren't making progress in infection rate and that it just hovers at around 20-30 people). Then just upgrade everything all at once and hope you can make it to all the ports. This doesn't seem to work very well for Viruses as they spread too much and cause panic. But for Bacteria and Parasites it works fine.

sabishii

Arbiter
I figured the disease would just die off from the 20-30 if I didn't upgrade it a little. Guess not.

Lumpy said:
ZOMG there is a disease that doesn't do anything! We must lock down our country!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom