Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A Game for the Cleve in all of us!

TheLostOne

Savant
Lol, Athlete's foot killed the world.

Played bacteria and put everything in resistances and carriers, sold coughing as too noticeable, but got sneezing to help spread.

Eventually added coughing again and had the whole world infected... with 0 deaths. Had to wait about a month to upgrade to tier 2 and get pulmonary edema before I saw my first death.

The game encourages turtling and its a crap shoot whether you infect every country or not. Kind of shitty design.

Greenland was wiped out first, but had the last hospital up fighting the disease up until they had 40 people or so alive. Guess all the scientists had great immune systems. Edit: Hehe, missed Trash's second strip. Those Greenlandenites are stubborn fucks

MisterStone

Arcane
pand2.jpg

W00t. Humanity was destroyed by a parasite known as the MHD worm.

Pretty low score though. :(

My conclusion: this game is boring as fuck.

User was nabbed fit

And yet we play through it because we really, really want to destroy the human race, just once... because, you know, sometimes you really feel like it.

SpaceKungFuMan

Scholar
I'm loving these Madagascar comics. Are these codex originals or is there a whole page of them somewhere?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Whatever you do, DO NOT CLICK ANY OF THE FUCKING ADS. I had the whole god-damned worled infected with :declineofthecodex: I accidentally clicked slightly off and hit one of the ads and I lost it. FUCK.

I'd bought sweating, fever, insanity, nausea and fatigue as well and had wiped out all the healthy people. FUCK.

All right, I did it.

:declineofthecodex: causes nausea, vomiting and insanity.

FUCK YOU MADAGASCAR!

Beware the ad links at the bottom. I also stopped the vaccine just in time.

Boring game is over.

SpaceKungFuMan

Scholar
I've won as a parasite and a virus. Parasite just takes longer, but it isn't really any more likely to infect places like Madagascar. Its all a matter of luck. Seems to me like the best strat is to sell your starting symptom build up 50-70 evo points, then move up to level 2 for all resistances and buy all vectors. If you get lucky and infect everywhere, save points for tier 3 symptoms like hemorrhaging, or even just do level too, because pulmonary Edema can destroy the world on its own. Playing this game reminds me of when I used to leave a well functioning city in simcity on over night to build up money and population, minus all the gameplay that comes before and after the autopilot.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
I had the whole god-damned worled infected with :declineofthecodex: I accidentally clicked slightly off and hit one of the ads and I lost it. FUCK.
I know your pain.

Gold

Augur
Patron
Dead State Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
I was playing this non-stop for a couple days at work, the best score I managed was 150k, I got everybody but Greenland in about 2 months. The trick is timing when you get infectious and resistance levels. After that the trick is bumping your lethality with your last group of points, because once you have infected most of the world's population getting more evolution points take forever.

It can be incredibly gamey, ie the entire world's economy shuts down because half the world is infected with a virus with no symptoms is silly, but necessary otherwise it would be as easy as Pandemic 1.

Suicidal

Arcane
Not really. I though so myself, but then I discovered that by slamming that shit against the ground it stuns ALL enemies on the map.

Lumpy

Arcane
God I fucking hate this fucking game. If I ever go to Madagascar I'll make sure to take a huge fucking supply of blankets there.

caliban

Scholar
Also, are "parasites" some alien shit or just something like tapeworms? The latter feels kinda dumb and underwhelming.

Tapeworms are pretty sweet monsters actually. Echinococcus worms can encyst in your brain, eyes, or even ass and leg, creating cysts the size of golf balls and to catch it all you have to do is pick up some berries an infected fox shat on. I saw freshly extracted cysts like that when I was going through a neuropathology course a while back. I was impressed.

Echinococcus_granulosus_scolex.jpg

miles foreman

Scholar
caliban said:
Also, are "parasites" some alien shit or just something like tapeworms? The latter feels kinda dumb and underwhelming.

Tapeworms are pretty sweet monsters actually. Echinococcus worms can encyst in your brain, eyes, or even ass and leg, creating cysts the size of golf balls and to catch it all you have to do is pick up some berries an infected fox shat on. I saw freshly extracted cysts like that when I was going through a neuropathology course a while back. I was impressed.
Think you can make that fucking picture any bigger?

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
I had this EVIL feeling like playing this game again and... surprise! It has been rebalanced (ver. 1.18) - now you can forget about killing the whole world, the vaccine is developed faster... etc. any way hard as fuck.

I only managed to beat the game once before, and now that it's upgraded or something I'll try it again. Not that it wasn't pretty hard before because of Madagascar.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom