Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Achievement Unlocked: Get With All The Girls

Barrow_Bug

Cipher
MetalCraze, Posts: 8123, Lulz: Never dying.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Hümmelgümpf said:
What. The. Fuck. The Codex is bitching about mutually exclusive paths in an RPG, something truly worthy of praise? Really?
Yes but NewGame+ is GAYGAYGAYGAY.

Krash said:
I don't see why some people cry about achievements. They don't really add anything, but then they don't take away anything either.
They're annoying as fuck when they pop up every thirty minutes. Oh look, I'm progressing through the game!

Barrow_Bug said:
Metalcraze, Posts: 8120, Lulz: Never ending.

Saying that Obsidian deserves to die - 1338 posts

Not making a distinction between "shit" and "mediocre" - 5872 posts

Putting The Witcher on a lower level than Bioware games - 957 posts

Establishing that you're the whiniest bitch on the internet and that no one really likes you - Priceless

There's some things that bitching can't achieve. For everything else, there's Skyway.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Hümmelgümpf said:
It's one of the main selling points?
Aaaand? I thought main selling point was "no matter what you'll choose you'll always be rewarded, never punished" about which you "somehow" forget.

More like 3 out of 4. Only SoZ didn't have any.
Only SoZ? You mean NWN2 OC and KotOR2 had C&C? Where? Show me them? Ah if by C&C you mean biowarian "every choice leads to an exactly same consequence" then it is understandable. I must've missed the part where they were talking about Choice&Consequence.

1. You can't max out your character in one playthrough. I think that's a pretty big moment.
2. There are unlockable difficulty levels, and high level characters will be challenged accordingly. You'll need those skills.
Oh really? Do you seriously believe that the game will be harder when all combat, hacking/lockpicking skills will be maxed out? Naive much?
This is a console game no?

3. Not all content will be available even to a character like this. You can't solve a quest in all possible ways at once, and you still will have to decide what faction you want to align yourself with.
And how do you know it will be more meaningful than a traditional Obsidian way of "no matter who you side yourself with/what you will choose it will always end the same" which is in every single one of their games and even partially in MotB?

MetalCraze said:
Hümmelgümpf said:
Aaaand? I thought main selling point was "no matter what you'll choose you'll always be rewarded, never punished" about which you "somehow" forget.

Well on the trailer it says "your weapon is choice" on the website, it says "your weapon is choice". And I think it also said somewhere else "your weapon is choice". See a pattern? Somehow I doubt you do. Whatever, I can't be fucked trying to talk sense into someone as delusional and selective as you.

St. Toxic

Arcane
M_I_C_K_E_Y_M_O_U_S_E said:
Well on the trailer it says "your weapon is choice" on the website, it says "your weapon is choice". And I think it also said somewhere else "your weapon is choice".

You can choose what weapon you're going to use to kill the bad guys with.

Dionysus

Scholar
Dicksmoker said:
Yes but NewGame+ is GAYGAYGAYGAY.
I think that was the previewers error. And that might not be a big deal in a game that will likely be pretty linear from a macro perspective. I don't have a problem with game+ modes in Ninja Gaiden or DMC.

The biggest related problem that has been confirmed is the fact that they are going with unlockable difficulty modes. I strongly suspect that access to the only modes worth using will require a boring and easy playthrough.

Dicksmoker said:
Well on the trailer it says "your weapon is choice" on the website, it says "your weapon is choice". And I think it also said somewhere else "your weapon is choice". See a pattern? Somehow I doubt you do. Whatever, I can't be fucked trying to talk sense into someone as delusional and selective as you.
When people complain about a dearth of choices and consequences, they typically are focusing on the lack of consequences. And usually there's some ambiguous qualifier involved like "meaningful."

St. Toxic said:
Well on the trailer it says "your weapon is choice" on the website, it says "your weapon is choice". And I think it also said somewhere else "your weapon is choice".

You can choose what weapon you're going to use to kill the bad guys with.

Good preview, would read again.

MetalCraze

Arcane
MetalCraze said:
Hümmelgümpf said:

Well on the trailer it says "your weapon is choice" on the website, it says "your weapon is choice". And I think it also said somewhere else "your weapon is choice". See a pattern?
No. Tried really hard, but I can't see where does it say that it will punish the player - you know - the point to which you were replying. Redding is teh hard I know.

Somehow I doubt you do. Whatever, I can't be fucked trying to talk sense into someone as delusional and selective as you.
Me? Selective? Better edit your post back where you were comparing me to Cleve.
Also "every choice will be rewarding" is what iirc no other than Avellone himself said in one of the earlier previews.
Also care to explain how does "Your weapon is choice" relates to anything? Repeat it even 100 hundred times it's just a simple hype line without any examples trying to sound cool. But I see that it works.

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
MetalCraze said:
You're not implying that the entire PR campaign is one fat lie, are you? This isn't Bethesda.
I thought main selling point was "no matter what you'll choose you'll always be rewarded, never punished" about which you "somehow" forget.
Then you weren't paying attention. Big surprise.
Only SoZ? You mean NWN2 OC and KotOR2 had C&C? Where? Show me them? Ah if by C&C you mean biowarian "every choice leads to an exactly same consequence" then it is understandable. I must've missed the part where they were talking about Choice&Consequence.
Some examples:
NWN 2 - some of the side quests you get in Act 3 depend on whether you joined the City Watch or the Shadow Thieves.
KotOR 2 - whether you get Mira or Hanharr as one of your party members depends on your actions on Nar Shaddaa.
Oh really? Do you seriously believe that the game will be harder when all combat, hacking/lockpicking skills will be maxed out? Naive much?
The stats of hostile NPCs will obviously be tweaked to match a more powerful PC.
This is a console game no?
Yeah. So are God Hand and Ninja Gaiden. Are you really, really sure you want to continue this particular line of reasoning?
And how do you know it will be more meaningful than a traditional Obsidian way of "no matter who you side yourself with/what you will choose it will always end the same" which is in every single one of their games and even partially in MotB?
I don't really have a reason to doubt Obsidian. It's the first time they're actively hyping C&C as one of the defining defining features of their game.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Dicksmoker said:
Barrow_Bug said:

Establishing that you're the whiniest bitch on the internet and that no one really likes you - Priceless

There's some things that bitching can't achieve. For everything else, there's Skyway.
I lol'd. :lol:

SmokedWolf

Scholar
running laps..

Every time its a different lap.. I'm a little more worn out, I'm a litte fitter...

Plus it takes a few laps to max out my fitness stat.

40 missions to complete, to replay several times in a different way.. hmm I am sceptical but if it is that means only so many missions are available on one playthrough, then I like it. I just don't like playing through with the same character through the same shit (but different). Replay is good with different characters.. but with *unlocked* shit, seems a bit cocky from the developer that they think their game is good enough to be played to the end at least once.

Krash

Arcane
This game will suck.

There's not even an achievement unlocked; get with all the boyz

Dumbed down shit

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
SmokedWolf said:
running laps..

Every time its a different lap.. I'm a little more worn out, I'm a litte fitter...

Plus it takes a few laps to max out my fitness stat.

40 missions to complete, to replay several times in a different way.. hmm I am sceptical but if it is that means only so many missions are available on one playthrough, then I like it. I just don't like playing through with the same character through the same shit (but different). Replay is good with different characters.. but with *unlocked* shit, seems a bit cocky from the developer that they think their game is good enough to be played to the end at least once.

Well if it is done well then it wont be a problem.

Pliskin

Arbiter
Hümmelgümpf said:
Where does it say something like this? All conversation choices are available on your very first playthrough.

And you know this as a certainty because...?

Hümmelgümpf said:
I don't really have a reason to doubt Obsidian.

Oh, I see --- well, can't argue with that line of reasoning.

David_Gaider1.jpg

dumbfuck.gif

Vibalist said:
Seconded. What a fucking moron.

This means so much coming from you. Any other words of wisdom, or did that exhaust yr reserves of witty reparte for the evening?

circ

Arcane
Pliskin said:
Hümmelgümpf said:
I don't really have a reason to doubt Obsidian.

Yeah, what gives. Obsidian has finished two games: KoTOR II and NWN 2. The first one has so much cut content you can barely call it a game. To boot there are graphical glitches and errors, not to mention bugs. And somehow, someway, Obsidian managed outdo themselves with their next effort: NWN 2. So what if some in their ranks are from Black Isle? So far their track record is anything but impressive.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Ah if by C&C you mean biowarian "every choice leads to an exactly same consequence"

Only delusional fucking moronic dumbtards keep spamming this bullshit mythical lie of epic proportions.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Claw said:
Dicksmoker said:
Barrow_Bug said:

I lol'd. :lol:

:lol:

Lestat against skyway, the battle of the century. I wish we could just give each of you a sword and put you in an arena but I'll settle for seeing you guys fight in every AP thread until it's released.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
The pessimism is just totally misplaced on AP. For what it is, AP looks fine, not great but does not sound like totally overblown hype, unlike TES,DA or Fable 2 marketing.

The 'your weapon is choice' trailer is a pretty good sample of what to expect of the game.

There's just no pleasing you, so that's all there to it. I think you're only truly happy when you're unhappy, Skyway.

Chefe

Erudite
If I had a choice to either feed Hitler to a pack of starving lions, or punch the guy who came up with the concept of achievements in the face, I would opt for having the achievement guy raped by Hitler then keeping a lion for myself, because hey, lions are cool cats.

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
Pliskin said:
Hümmelgümpf said:
Where does it say something like this? All conversation choices are available on your very first playthrough.
And you know this as a certainty because...?
What kind of a lame argument is this? Why did you decide it's not the case? The article says New Game + will allow munchkins to max Thorton's skills out, nothing else.
Obsidian has never lied during a PR campaign before. If they keep saying and saying that the game is full of C&C, why shouldn't I trust them?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom