Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Actiontrip reviews Mass Effect

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Trash said:
Well, go in determined to find each and every little fault, you might be surprised how entertaining it can be.
fixed

Heh, skyway bought the game so he can legitimately bitch about it.
Also... 20$ ??? fuck, are all games that cheap in Russia?

tunguska said:
On TPB I see this . So it was fully cracked just yesterday. I had searched just the day before and was impressed that there still was no fully functional crack. What was the first day of actual wide availability? So I can see how many days it took the cracking community to crack The Big One. Nice job guys. My hat is off.

If that crack is the one i think it is, it is based on a 'bypass' discovered one or two days before the crack came out by using a third party software not related in any way with piracy - The method many pirates are still using since they got so confused with the 'nuke war' that prefered to solve the problem by themselves instead of waiting for a proper crack. Also, while the crack is said to work only half the time the original method works always if used from the start instead of an already 'corrupted' save.

So take out one or two days from your total count: It would be the second or third day of june when we got a fully functional method. A bit less than a week, then, depending on your GMT. They beated the european release by around two days with a 'plug and play' crack, three or four with the 'bypass'. Pretty weak for the next big thing in DRM.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Jedi_Learner said:
skyway said:
well... a little less than $20 isn't a big price to see what the fuss is all about. I will comment on it fully upon the full completion though.

Wow, for someone that was crying about the copyright protection you certainly are weak minded.

I was protesting only against EA DRM and its inevitable spreading in a case of success. if you could actually pay attention you would've noticed that we have no EA DRM here. thus I'm not supporting it with $$.

NINJA EDIT: oh gawd you can even fuck with garrus if you're female. hawt.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
The fully working crack was released by some guy on wednesday. He based it on two previous cracks/utility's that reinstated saving and the galaxy map.

The working crack was dismissed by many as being a sham, shit work or just stolen untill it was proven to work like a charm. The thing that amazes me here is not how fast that DRM was cracked, but how the "scene" couldn't get their act together and some unknown did all of their work in just three days. Also the arrogance from them when this guys crack hit the streets was amazing. He was denounced as some fucking hack and liar, untill it was proven without a doubt that his crack works. We're still waiting for any working crack from one of the established groups.

MetalCraze

Arcane
yeah I watched the drama on rlslog. apparently the community was so much trolled by constant "vitality-rzr1911-etc" cracks full of trojans that when a working crack appeared nobody believed it at first.
but the crack worked. as I take it all started when russians cracked "save game" making it available even for corrupted saves - then some guy found a workaround for galaxy map using a fully legitimate Cheat Engine - and then the third guy simply incorporated both things into a one working exe.
unknown wins - groupies lose.

Skyway said:
NINJA EDIT: oh gawd you can even fuck with garrus if you're female. hawt.

Garrus is that... cop... thing... that looks like a really skinny protoss without drealocks and whose species hates the other thing that looks like the hybrid of a giant cockroach and a deep one? I have the feeling Bio is again giving the finger to girls in the romance department.

@ Crack:

The entire process was done by nobodies - The original CE exploit, the later crack made around it, and, at least as far my knowledge of the scene goes, the russian crack you had to use together with the CE thingy to make it work. It lends a certain 'epicness' to defeating the Big Bad's monster of the week.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom