Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ad Banners - About & Problem Reports

Alex_Steel

Arcane
Patron
That's damn shady indeed. I think you have a virus.
I get no viruses. :obviously:

It must have been some strange glitch. Yesterday, I restarted my browser but it remained. I went to sleep and today it had gone away. I don't know if you fixed something, nevertheless it's all ok now.

Itisamystery.gif

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I thought it was nice too. It's a real ad, it's just displaying via the notices system here as the promo will only last a few days. We do make a point of pointing out specials on GOG, and this is a pretty huge one, so it deserves site-wide visibility. Aside from that, there's a GOG button in the top right corner of all pages.
Everything's better than the turtle crap :)

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
You all lie.

It never goes away.

It's right here.

What foul entity made you put it there, in the notices section, anyway?

The fact that it makes the ad DISMISSABLE maybeh? :retarded:

Get rid of whichever crappy plugins are messing with XF and it will be AWESOME for you too.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Just three words...

"Ugh, Demons Stone!"

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
That would only happen if your subscription's expired (or somebody expired it), so it's time to cough up a few more pieces of eight I'm guessing.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
And if you donated as part of the recent P:E Fundraiser, the ad-free for that is yet to come.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Didn't felipepepe get a lot of ad--free for his AoD trailer, or did VD screw him over :) (possibly he got a GoG game or so)
I did it 4 free, but Vince was kind enough to give me some Steam games. ;)

And if you donated as part of the recent P:E Fundraiser, the ad-free for that is yet to come.
Oh yeah, there is that... thanks for reminding me, I almost gave you $20. :P

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Which page? Link me... it's likely someone included an image from that site. Did you (or anyone else) see that alert on any other page?

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
I assume that's something to do with your ad-blocking plugins and/or programs. See here why you shouldn't be blocking ads on Codex.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Back then we transferred the patronage for everyone, so I assume it's expired by now, not that it was lost...

golgepapaz

Augur
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Back then we transferred the patronage for everyone, so I assume it's expired by now, not that it was lost...
I think I remember my tag disappeared just after the overhaul. Just out of curiosity I'd like to ask when does the tag expires, I see that I've made the donation Jun 18 2011 (from a PM to you) during one of that server upgrade drives. It was about 40ish dollars, funnily I can't find it on my paypal transaction history, was it someplace else? (Yeah found it from the email search with the receipt number it was $54 )
Also had a gallery space from that donation of which I've never used. (Fuckin' gallery how does that work?)

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Just after the overhaul they did, but were reinstated shortly afterwards. Since this was more than a year ago there's really no way to check now what happened with your account since a yearly subscription would have expired by now. If you were around all this time, why didn't you raise the issue with me or DU if you felt there was a problem?

Account upgrades are now completely automated, so they expire as per your subscription option, which can be anywhere from 6 months to 10 years: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?account/upgrades

Since this is a fully automated process now, there's really no room for error. You get exactly the duration that you pay for.

I don't have access to PayPal records that go that far back as we've changed accounts since then but if you can find the receipt on your end let me know.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Please PM or e-mail me a copy of those receipts, hopefully I can figure it out.

As for the gallery, good question for DarkUnderlord . I think it's still somewhat broken. I haven't set anyone up for gallery access in a long time, I'm not sure there's even a subscription point for new users right now as creating an album logged out just errors out and I've got admin access, so I can't see what happens for regular users.

golgepapaz

Augur
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Just after the overhaul they did, but were reinstated shortly afterwards. Since this was more than a year ago there's really no way to check now what happened with your account since a yearly subscription would have expired by now. If you were around all this time, why didn't you raise the issue with me or DU if you felt there was a problem?

Account upgrades are now completely automated, so they expire as per your subscription option, which can be anywhere from 6 months to 10 years: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?account/upgrades

Since this is a fully automated process now, there's really no room for error. You get exactly the duration that you pay for.

I don't have access to PayPal records that go that far back as we've changed accounts since then but if you can find the receipt on your end let me know.

Well I did mention about it briefly here and here, when people were complaining about it (Didn't know about the tags back then). Since I am not the kind of person who will lose sleep over it I didn't mind not getting my tag back

I've donated $54 for the Help the Codex raise $500.This should get me 5 years of subscription according the first post , since the gallery is useless.

I've also donated $15 for the wasteland fund-raising. I will PM the receipts from both transactions . They are in Turkish but I am sure you can work out the receipt numbers and donation amounts each.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom