Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Admit it: You are going to buy Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim.

Will you buy skyrim when it comes out?

• Yeah, I do like their games for what they are.

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • No, fuck Pete and Todd!

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • No, I'm waiting for Dragon Age 3.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FUCK YOU SONY! PSN IS DOWN! (kc)

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Do we still argue with Melissan? :retarded:
Why is almost each thread littered with this crap here..

Note to Melissan: Excact such a behaviour like you are showing here is responsible for girls getting mocked at in the first place. :smug:

On the other hand.. Sucessfull troll is... sucessfull?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Unlike most two-faced whiners, I didn't buy, play or download The Witcher or Oblivion and I certainly won't play Skyrim either.

:M

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Mighty Mouse said:
Hey can we go back to talking about how much TES 4 & 5 sucks, that was much more entertaining. I mean I come here to read why rpg sucks and not for internet drama.

Nonsense! It's threads like this one that make the Codex a truly special place.

Raapys

Arcane
Oblivion was okay'ish actually, once you installed the Nehrim mod which replaced all the content. Still stuck with the (slightly less) stupid UI and game engine though.

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Skyrim is just the latest effort in Bethesda's attempts to catch up to BioWare's "Awesome Button". I expect the next sequel or two to just reduce everything to 2 Stats, 1 Button gameplay. The "stats" will be Health and Mana.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Good show, Drog, you've really outdone yourself this time.
2lxgr9s.png

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Jack said:
2lxgr9s.png

This one was excellent, I'm just going to drop the emotional investment and see what more we can poke out of him. His personalities are fascinating; you get the feeling that, despite his "trolling", he loses a bit of himself every time he creates one. Fills it with a spark of life he can never recover, and sends it out into the ether of the internet, come to it what may, for it to develop like the beautiful butterfly it is. And as his latest scheme reaches fruiton and he sits there, tenderly resting his buttocks on his heavily-cushioned throne, he scratches another jagged tally mark into his forearm with the blood of a thousand virgins. As the scar seals and a new victim of Drog's madness is bared before us all, stark and screaming and bereft of sanity, he will gaze at the mark of his grim handiwork emblazoned on his flesh and say...

"Updated my journal."

DraQ

Arcane
Melissan said:
It sounds simple to you because you're male.
Why do you insist that males are better (in this case smarter) again?

You're indeed not a terribly brainy person, but you're doing your other females great disservice by projecting it on your entire gender.

Melissan said:
One who's entitled to everything just because he was born with a penis between his legs will never understand what one born without has to deal with in order to be accepted (and my experience here clearly proves that), will never understand the limitations and restricted placed on a penisless person.
Like those pesky limitations and 'restricted' of chauvinist, male-dominated grammar, no doubt.

:roll:

Gondolin said:
Read my signature again, this time without prejudice and maybe you'll understand.

Shannon Lucid doesn't sound like a person who spent her time whining. Just sayin'.
Shannon Lucid probably didn't have to cope with dissonance between her imagined and actual potential.

If you achieve something noteworthy against social bias you can feel free to lament how this bias exists. If you don't, then chances are that what keeps you down is not any bias, but mere fact you suck, even if the bias does exist, because most people don't achieve anything worth mentioning regardless of the number of dicks in their possession.

It's clear that "opressed" card is the only card you have as it's the only one you use, and in such case it's no lack of dick that holds you back, it's the fact that you're nobody and will be nobody. Most people are nobodies so this wouldn't be that much of a problem, except most people are much nicer and less hilariously delusional about that.

It's doubly pathetic when you do so on the internet where you don't need to reveal anything about yourself to anyone, including sex. On the internet you can pretend to be whoever you want (of course, chances are that's just what you're doing, Drog).

Imbecile said:
Gah, this is painful. Melissan, I think youve backed yourself into a corner a little here, and theres not really an easy way out. I agree that a lot of daft shift is spouted about Bethesda, but playing the sexist card (here at least) was a mistake, especially your last comment. Are you saying a guy should never compliment his girlfriend. Is that always patronising?
In the eyes of someone with deeply ingrained persecution and inferiority complexes?

Do you really need to ask?
:roll:

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Admiral jimbob said:
Jack said:
2lxgr9s.png

This one was excellent, I'm just going to drop the emotional investment and see what more we can poke out of him. His personalities are fascinating; you get the feeling that, despite his "trolling", he loses a bit of himself every time he creates one. Fills it with a spark of life he can never recover, and sends it out into the ether of the internet, come to it what may, for it to develop like the beautiful butterfly it is. And as his latest scheme reaches fruiton and he sits there, tenderly resting his buttocks on his heavily-cushioned throne, he scratches another jagged tally mark into his forearm with the blood of a thousand virgins. As the scar seals and a new victim of Drog's madness is bared before us all, stark and screaming and bereft of sanity, he will gaze at the mark of his grim handiwork emblazoned on his flesh and say...

"Updated my journal."

261.jpg

boys who are girls that like girls who are boys...

wait, i'm confused.

Melissan

Educated
DraQ said:
Melissan said:

You're indeed not a terribly brainy person, but you're doing your other females great disservice by projecting it on your entire gender.
It is you who is not a brainy person, DraQ, because what I said was very simple and to avoid being misunderstood again I even explained with arguments which is what was asked of me before. Did it make any difference? I didn't think it would but hey my issues with how I'm being treated are clearly imaginary, aren't they?

What I meant, Draq, is that its simple to males because males aren't being discriminated and the issues of women seem simple and overstated to them? What issues? There are no issues. Everyone's equal and all that a woman's gotta do is just be herself and speak her mind. Right.

Edit: Here is what a woman whose blog I follow wrote:

"One day, I was sitting in a faculty meeting with the suspicion that women in our department were not being taken seriously. As a statistician, I decided to collect a little data. I drew a cross-tabulation. The rows were gender of the speaker and the column was whether the next speaker responded – questioned, followed up, elaborated – or ignored the comment as if the speaker hadn’t even said anything. Of the speakers, 80% were male (the department was about 50% female) and of those 20%, most of the comments were made by me. Near the end of the meeting, I made a comment and again, a male member of the faculty made a remark that was if I hadn’t spoken. I pounded on the table and said,

“I said something and God damn it, you are all going to listen to me!”

Then, I mentioned the data I had been collecting during the meeting (believe me, the chi-square was highly significant). The two department chairs present were somewhat embarrassed but no one argued with my data. We discussed whatever the topic was – I think it was reducing our mathematics requirement for general education.

Personally, I don’t have a problem pounding on the table and swearing if that’s what it takes. Three points:

The men in the room didn’t need to be that way.
Not all women are like me.
Not all women should HAVE to be like me. I have a pretty high self-esteem but not so high that I think everyone must be like me because I am so perfect.

Women who support Arrington’s view on Tech Crunch that it isn’t men’s fault that there aren’t more women in tech because “After all, look at me, I’m not complaining and I’m doing great” are perhaps missing the point that they are doing well because they have certain characteristics that men don’t need to have."

This is how bad it is out there.

DraQ

Arcane
Melissan said:
DraQ said:
Melissan said:

It is you who is not a brainy person
I thought you didn't judge?
:smug:

Melissan

Educated
I didn't judge. I took what you said about me and applied it to you to see how YOU would like it. I've decided that I will treat people on this site the same way they're treating me.

Edit: Oops, I forgot something. Oh here it is:

Jigawatt

Arcane
Melissan said:
I didn't judge. I took what you said about me and applied it to you to see how YOU would like it. I've decided that I will treat people on this site the same way they're treating me.

Edit: Oops, I forgot something. Oh here it is:

No point asking what can change to nature of a woman, apparently any old fucking thing will do the trick. Way to have integrity you dopey bint.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I'm surprised THE BUMFACE is getting trolled so hard, of all people. I admit, I'm starting to buy into the Melissan personality as being real a little myself, but dude.

You're going to have to make a new comic about yourself now, bro.

Black

Arcane
Melissan said:
i suck cocks

Shut the hell up, fat bitch. Make yourself useful and go make so sandwiches and do the laundry. It's not like you're good for anything else.
If I could reach through my monitor, wrench your jaws open with my bare hands, then force a gallon of bleach down your fucking ignorant throat, I would :)

Melissan

Educated
Crispy said:
I'm surprised THE BUMFACE is getting trolled so hard, of all people. I admit, I'm starting to buy into the Melissan personality as being real a little myself, but dude.

You're going to have to make a new comic about yourself now, bro.
A woman can't be nothing but a troll. If a woman is trying to voice an opinion, to be heard, to be accepted as an equal, she is trolling hard. No double standards here at all.

So much for your words of encouragmemnt, Crispy. I really thought you were a friend, as much as anyone can be a friend to someone in this place, but you'd rather be in the safety of the majority, laughing at someone, than to stand by someone who's being constantly bullied.

I didn't come here to troll. I came here to talk about games after being banned from the Bioware forums for having the courage to voice an opinion. Maybe I should just leave.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm sure we can find her banned account on the bioware forums if we search. That is not certainty considering Bryce obsession with formulating personas, but it might work to expose the origin.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom