Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Advice for Socially Conservative BG2:EE Playthrough?

Stella Brando

Arcane
Greetings. I did not pre-order BG1:EE but ultimately played and was impressed overall, which led to my pre-order of BG2:EE (and future patronage for wherever this company's ship may sail). I have not yet had the time to play, and am beginning to place thought into such an undertaking. However, I was a bit alarmed at some of the more morally progressive elements introduced into a 15 year old game, and I have gotten wind of some potentially disturbing ethical developments introduced into BG2:EE through my infrequent perusal of these forums.

Might my more traditional fellows of the forum community offer some playthrough advice to a simple gent with a fixed early 1980's code of ethics, who thinks in lockstep with what was and was not appropriate in 1st and 2nd edition AD&D and this time period in general? I do not want to be trampled by a rabid stampede of 2019 virtues if a new NPC joins my party, or if I accidentally wander into the wrong new content area. Will I be confronted and left aghast by a conundrum of deviant behavior, sunk into an unsolicited quicksand of uninhibited customs, and made an offer I cannot refuse to a festival of dionysian mores?

I am looking for helpful words of kindred wisdom to those who have successfully traversed the pitfalls I speak of, and offer my apology in advance for any offense imagined due to my lack of a membership card in the cult of fervent progress.

Last edited:

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
My dear fellow - one must consider whereupon one's extremeties may be frozen in abject horror when contact is made with the iceberg of moral relativism one is subjected to within this game. And the damage that may come from such frostbitten and gangrenous infection of the mind and soul.
'Tis is a written specimen of unrivaled talentless literature born within an icy plane of frozen imagination that can only be measured upon the length and breath of the river styx for comparison in its sheer bleakness. I offer a simple, yet profound answer in its simplicity - more akin to the advice one adventurer would give to another as he gazes wistfully upon snow capped mountain peaks that rest upon the hell of a Stygia yet conquered:

Don't fuckin' go there.

Or if you do, just avoid all of the new companions. Enabling the cheats and Ctrl-Y as soon as you spot them helps. Watch out for the lesbian black vampire because she's immune to it and even if you kick her out of your party she still harasses you forevermore from the shadows of the Copper Cornet. Try tracking down a mod on Spellhold Forums that removes all new party members. I never got further than the aforementioned horror story, so someone else should tell you if they come back in TOB.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom