Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Age of Decadence May Update

Niektory

one of some
Patron
"I'm not sure there is enough interest. We can probably sell 70-100 boxed copies, but the quality I want requires a run of at least a 1000. I don't see us selling that much."
So you're saying that less than 1% of buyers would want the box? Sounds like an extremely conservative estimation.

bat_boro

Arcane
Sorry if this has been answered already but how many hours does it take to finish the game?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
"I'm not sure there is enough interest. We can probably sell 70-100 boxed copies, but the quality I want requires a run of at least a 1000. I don't see us selling that much."
So you're saying that less than 1% of buyers would want the box? Sounds like an extremely conservative estimation.
It probably is, but when it comes to sales forecasts, I prefer to be extremely conservative, especially when I don't know the industry.

Sorry if this has been answered already but how many hours does it take to finish the game?
It's very hard to say as it depends entirely on your playstyle. If you play a fighter and get into every fight, it might take a while considering that most fights would require several attempts. If you play as a non-combat character, then it will depend on your reading speed. If you play a hybrid, it might take you even longer because the fights will be much harder.

According to Steam, it took me 7 hours to do the 3 starting areas (Teron, the mine, and the raiders' camp) with a pure fighter, but I was alt-tabbing to take notes (I was testing difficulty and block), so it's hard to say.

Quite a few people on Steam played the early access version for 40-60 hours, but I assume that it includes 2-3 playthroughs with different characters.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

In this day and age? Steam doesn't give boxes and yet it's wildly popular. 1% might not be too far off. Better safe than sorry and sitting around with $10000 worth of boxes + warehousing fees until you get them sold.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
We'll look into again once the game is released and discuss all available options.

bat_boro

Arcane
It's very hard to say as it depends entirely on your playstyle. If you play a fighter and get into every fight, it might take a while considering that most fights would require several attempts. If you play as a non-combat character, then it will depend on your reading speed. If you play a hybrid, it might take you even longer because the fights will be much harder.

According to Steam, it took me 7 hours to do the 3 starting areas (Teron, the mine, and the raiders' camp) with a pure fighter, but I was alt-tabbing to take notes (I was testing difficulty and block), so it's hard to say.

Quite a few people on Steam played the early access version for 40-60 hours, but I assume that it includes 2-3 playthroughs with different characters.

Firstly, thanks for the reply. I guess it would be a solid 2-3 weeks for a first playthrough then, considering that I'm a guy who took 36 hours beating KOTOR at the time.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Firstly, thanks for the reply. I guess it would be a solid 2-3 weeks for a first playthrough then, considering that I'm a guy who took 36 hours beating KOTOR at the time.
I think my first playthrough was way shorter, but that's because you can often fail quest and still progress. Still you shouldn't treat this game as a one-playthrough-and-done. It shines only after experiencing from different angles.

Tigranes

Arcane
It's not a short game, but it is a game you can replay at least a dozen times, given I've done more than that of the early demo and still anticipate the game.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I've logged 59 hours according to Steam, and I played the game a lot before the steam release. Still anticipating the full version.

Self-Ejected

Davaris

Self-Ejected
Developer
Clearly, Kickstarter is the answer
Actually, not a bad idea...
Yeah, I know VD hates it, but it's the perfect solution to either we make enough money to print 1000 boxes or not.

I don't know if Kickstarter is legal in Canada, but the people at GeekHack have been organizing group buys, of limited print run keyboards for years. Might be an idea for ITS to look into how they do it.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Ganezzar looks great. I was surprised by the inclusion of flying fortresses, but if M&M can get away with spaceships, why not :P?

we at least get updates that show continual progress and increasing potato.
Fixed

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I think my first playthrough was way shorter, but that's because you can often fail quest and still progress. Still you shouldn't treat this game as a one-playthrough-and-done. It shines only after experiencing from different angles.

Also depends on your class and what content you are locked out of because of it. On that aspect, the grifter class has a lot of options starting the game, much more than i had with my first playthrough as a Praetor.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
I'm amazed at how good it looks visually O_O. But what's best about this game is the replay value which is on par with Fallout 1's (and Sacrifice but that's an entirely different game so...). I'll wait with my n-th playthorugh until I upgrade my computer though which for now doesn't even meet minimum requirements (and yet I can play AoD without problems).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom