Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition (AKA AoE2 HD HD)

Discussion in 'Strategy and Simulation' started by Infinitron, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Zboj Lamignat Arcane

Zboj Lamignat
    Not always: they were added with conquerors expansion. I guess it's possible that poland will have unique upgrade for them (like 3rd camel upgrade for indians), but light cav is already a three stages unit and they don't mention it in description so yeah, it's unlikely.

^ Top  
  2. AgentFransis Arbiter Patron

AgentFransis
    No I meant something like Farimba or Silk Armor. Some stat or cost buff.

^ Top  
  3. Narax Educated

Narax
    I am talking about the classical heavy winged hussars, not the fictional ones in the vanilla game.

^ Top  
  4. deama Liturgist

deama
    So if one is pretty much new to the series, which campaign would be best to start off with? I'm experienced with rts in general, so I don't want the easiest introduction to AOE, I just want a good campaign in terms of story and variety in missions, and lots of base building.

^ Top  
  5. Zboj Lamignat Arcane

Zboj Lamignat
    You have 1/2/3 swords rating next to each campaign, but they aren't always super accurate. Campaign AI in AoE2 works really weird, in skirmish the difficulty levels give very consistent performance, but in campaigns the AI can vary from very passive to incessantly aggressive on the same diff level. Apart from Wallace, d'Arc is another super-easy campaign, the rest are fine when played on higher difficulties. I played little of the Forgotten/African/Asian campaigns, but the original ones and the ones from last dlc are usually very decent.

^ Top  
  6. Luka-boy Arcane

Luka-boy

• meh meh x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    RE: Campaign difficulty - I've noticed AoE2's campaigns are harder on the second difficulty level than other RTSes on their highest. I suggest starting with Jean d'Arc on the highest difficulty and then bring it down if need be.

^ Top  
  8. deama Liturgist

deama
    I remember playing this over a decade ago and I think there was a cap on how many towers you could have (the ones that shoot), is the cap still present? If so, is there a way or a mod to remove it the cap?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Shrimp Learned

Shrimp
    I don't remember there ever being a cap on towers and I played the disc version of the games when I was a child.
    I looked it up on google but all I could find was a guy on the Steam forums complaining about a tower cap on Age of Empires 3. Is it possible that you might have been thinking of that game instead?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. deama Liturgist

deama
    Perhaps, it was a very long time ago.

^ Top  
  11. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    There's a tower cap in Age of Mythology.

^ Top  
  12. BING XI LAO commie-cunt mainlander Patron

BING XI LAO
    Insert Title Here
    Just played aoe2 multiplayer for the first time in like 4-5 years. Dark age is boring "gookclick" so played Empire Wars. Some guy spammed loads of eagles at me in feudal, I was walled though. Decided to go Longswordsmen, walked to his base with 11 of them.
    saw 25 eagles and 2 spears running at them, so ran up a hill and patrolled down. Equal upgrades but totallyy demolished the fight. My poor fellow noob resigned there and then.
    Screenshot_146.png

• Salute Salute x 2
    ^ Top  
  13. Young_Hollow Learned

Young_Hollow
    Longswords have a bonus vs Eagles and hill advantage is 25% so no surprise there. Also, were they Eagle Scouts or Eagle Warriors?

^ Top  
  14. Sensuki Arcane Cuck

Sensuki
    Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    This was my lulz for the week

• nice nice x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Tacgnol Shitlord Patron

Tacgnol
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Ah, Spanish villagers.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.