Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition (AKA AoE2 HD HD)

wwsd

Arcane
Vatnik
I doubt I'll ever play this but it's interesting to see that the Hook and Cod Wars are included in the Burgundian campaign. You don't often see medieval Holland represented in games, that's for sure.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I doubt I'll ever play this but it's interesting to see that the Hook and Cod Wars are included in the Burgundian campaign. You don't often see medieval Holland represented in games, that's for sure.
It is really disgusting,i felt like vomiting in that part of the game,even ended up uninstalling it.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
More of the same. The campaigns are well done. Not really something you absolutely need if you didn't play the couple hundred hours of all other campaigns. For multi ppl are butthurt about new civs being op, if you want to enjoy them then hurry as nerf is obviously coming.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Great & funny anecdote. Wonder how much of this you can find if you start to search all games/factions etc.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/813780/view/3020197857796238159

Now Available: the Public Update Preview (PUP) program!

Hello everyone! Today we're trying something new with an experimental program inspired by feedback from you—the Age II community! We’re calling this the Public Update Preview program, or "PUP" for short. These Update Previews will not only provide a sneak peek to owners of the game, but an opportunity for passionate players to step up, be recognized, and help us squash issues before they ever arise.

Starting today, everyone that owns Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition on Steam will have immediate access to the Public Update Preview. This is a publicly-available, Steam 'BETA' branch accessible via your Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition properties menu. Opting into it will give you access to game content that is actively in development for the next game update.

These builds will sometimes contain new features, content, or bug fixes—it really depends on what we happen to be doing at the time—but it means that you're invited to take a step behind the curtain and preview everything that’s coming to the game in the weeks leading up to a release.

Whenever we make these builds available, you’ll see a Public Update Preview branch appear in your Steam 'BETA' list with a name similar to this month's branch:
  • pup_march – Public Update Preview – March
  • (Note that you may need to relaunch Steam.)

You don’t need to redeem any keys or use any passwords; the branch will show up whenever a build is available, and we’ll post in our channels to let you know it’s there.

This is an experiment for us, and you should expect that we’ll change how we’re doing this over time as we learn the best way to engage with you, collect your feedback, and make sure this process is having the best possible impact on your game's updates. We won’t be able to fix everything you may find or change everything you suggest, but our hope is that you’ll see your feedback represented over time and, together, enhance the value of the official updates we introduce to the game.

This afternoon, we’re launching with build #45513, which primarily contains a number of bug fixes. We plan to update the build throughout this process and as batches of fixes or changes come in, but for now, you can start discussing the build and reporting issues in the brand-new PUP forum:

Once we’re ready to start prepping for the update to go Live, a few things will happen:
  • We’ll pull back the branch so it no longer appears in your Steam Beta list.
  • The PUP forum will be archived with all the threads about the current build.
  • A new branch and forum will appear again when we have a new build and branch to share.
  • A new list of changes will be posted along with areas you can focus on to make the biggest impact.

That's it; those are most of the details you need to get started right away, and we'll continue building our FAQ over time as you ask your questions about the Public Update Preview program.

Please join us in strengthening the quality of Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition by sharing your voice—we’re definitely listening, and looking for every opportunity to make this the game you love to play :)

See you on the battlefield!

—The World's Edge Team

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

II | New Expansion: The Dawn of the Dukes

As Fan Preview is a celebration of ALL things Age of Empires, we also wanted to feature our Definitive Editions. We’ve been so thrilled to remaster these classic titles for new and old players alike, and to continue evolving them alongside the community’s feedback!

Today we announced some big additions coming to Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition:
  • The second official DLC—Dawn of the Dukes—is coming with an Eastern European setting!
  • Some of our existing campaigns will be playable in two player co-op, with more information about the feature coming soon!

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
What's left in eastern Europe to add, Poles? And who else?
They will fuck up poles if they will but probably that's what's coming. Or general western slav civ. Other than that... Some kind of ugrofinnic or syberian civ? Hard to say.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
...ok, but what about AoE1 patches? There was less than 1 second of footage from AoE1 in that whole trailer.

EDIT: It seems like they did patch AoE1 like 2 days ago, lol.

Last edited:

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Not really eastern europe, but Croatians would be a decent idea. Rebranding slavs into rus would make sense as well.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Considering AoE2 campaigns span like a thousand years, I'm sure a passable Eastern European civ won't be very difficult to find.

Narax

Educated
They're getting more and more scummy with every new game release. Now they're charging two thirds the price of previous dlcs for just two new civs and no new architectural set.

Lacrymas

Arcane
They're getting more and more scummy with every new game release. Now they're charging two thirds the price of previous dlcs for just two new civs and no new architectural set.
Wait for a sale then, or don't buy it. That's what I'm doing with Lords of the West (if I ever decide I need more content anyway). If enough people do this, there won't be any incentive for them to put them up for $10 in the first place.

Last edited:

Cael

Arcane
Wait for a sale then, or don't buy it. That's what I'm doing with Lords of the West (if I ever decide I need more content anyway). If enough people do this, there won't be any incentive for them to put them up for $10 in the first place.
I don't know why people insist on buying the latest crap when the original AoE2:C is more than good enough.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Age of Mythology Definitive Edition when?

The Chinese expansion for the remaster was disappointing (decent civ, but SHIT campaign) but the game is great and has potential for more expansions and a proper second remaster, like AoE2 got.

Even AoE3 gets new expansions, and IIRC Age of Mythology is more popular than AoE3.

There's huge potential for more expansions... personally I'd really love them to add Mesopotamians and a Gilgamesh campaign.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I don't know why people insist on buying the latest crap when the original AoE2:C is more than good enough.
Mmm, I wouldn't say it's good enough. Compared to the DE, it looks like garbage on modern resolutions and it's getting harder and harder to find people to play it. Really, they did a banging job with the DE and I'd say it is the best way to play AoE2 nowadays. It's also very cheap when it's on sale. The same can't be said about AoE1, however, as not only the aesthetics changed way too much, but the campaigns are mostly changed for the worse. They did replace the Francisco de Orellana campaign from AoE2: DE, though, but I'm not sure why, I think it has something to do with the triggers being infamously buggy and it being another Spanish campaign in an otherwise Inca expansion.

Age of Mythology Definitive Edition when?
I've been asking the same thing, it's by far my favorite of the Age series and it has one of the best RTS campaigns ever.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
But won't new stuff be shit?

Not really, the new AoE2 stuff is pretty good. Decent civs, decent campaigns, and the Definitive Edition added lots of interface improvements without dumbing anything down. The work they've been doing on AoE2 has been top notch.

The worst of the new expansions was The Forgotten, but that started out as a mod and had an amateurish quality because of it. They've come a looooooong way since then.

Generic-Giant-Spider

I absolutely fucking suck at this game holy shit I used to be decent 15 years ago holy fuck my reactions are so old man these days I'm looking at my hands and telling them to DO BETTER. PRODUCE ME SOME FUCKING UNITS FASTER, DAMMIT. I can't beat anyone, the only times I win is because my teammates are carrying me and I know they know they're carrying me but nobody wants to say anything. So just fucking say something, tell me I'm shit, tell me I'm out of my prime and have no BUSINESS in a young man's game. God I hate the community. Gatekeep my boomer ass, dammit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom