Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

AI Dungeon 2 - a bizarre procedurally generated text adventure

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
True, I was hasty since there's no indication if it will come to Scroll users. I assume 13b will, but the legendary 20b may stay behind the paywall due to costs.
13B is using a model trained by Facebook that supposedly is designed to be efficient when it comes to GPU demand, so hopefully it will be able to come to lower tiers, yes.

But yeah, 20B is probably going to be Opus-exclusive for a very long time. Not that I have inside knowledge there.

We also need to keep in mind outside forces like inflation, chip shortages etc. that could affect price negatively in the near future.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Well so far for me Euterpe is night and day compared to Sigurd even with no fiddling around with settings.
Yep. And now modules are a thing, so it may be even better.

Untrained 20b is kind of garbage though compared to how I remember Fairseq and JAX. You can try it on goose.ai.

It will still be interesting to see what difference training makes though.

Well I'll be damned. I typed up a whole long post detailing my experiences with NovelAI in the recent past (TLDR summary, better than dumb dragon, not as good as good dragon) but that was on Sigurd, and I was going to end it with saying YEAH BUT THE SUBSCRIPTION'S A BIT TOO MUCH FOR ME, MAYBE WHEN EUTERPE ISN'T IN THE $25 TIER and as I hopped to NovelAI to double check the $25 price was correct I saw that Euterpe is running on all tiers now, including trial. And they apparently reset the trial locks on everyone so now I'm gonna have to sit down and test out Euterpe at some point since I was reasonably impressed with Sigurd but if Euterpe's so dramatically better then I might actually pay. Does slightly chap my ass that the $10 tier has half the tokens of the trial, so I'd be obliged to do $15 a month which is PRETTY painful for a toy to mess around with since I bitched about paying $5 a month for early bird AID.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Introducing Krake, the latest AI Model joining the NovelAI Model family for the Opus subscription tier today.

With Krake, our Neo-X 20b AI model, you can take a deeper dive into the ocean of storytelling. Our most advanced model for even deeper storytelling.
This guy is a master at worldbuilding, is less repetitive, but requires a solid prompt to truly soar.

Let’s take a look at what Krake is arriving with today.
First of all, Krake comes with a completed finetune version of V1. This finetune version also comes with a new range of presets.
Krake features a context window of 1512 tokens.
Krake might be a little slower on his output generation time, but we plan to improve upon this soon.
Additionally, Krake is releasing with the full catalog of default AI modules, as well as some new additions which we’ll cover in a bit.

Krake is not releasing with custom AI Module training at this time, due to an unforeseen increase in required training steps for this AI Model. Since we will most likely improve upon Krake's finetuning sooner than later we did not want our users to waste large amounts of training steps that would be invalidated with a newer finetune release.

To make up for it we’ve ensured the full catalog of our Default AI modules will be available as well as some new additions for Krake, which are also releasing Euterpe today and will be available for Sigurd soon.

New Modules Added:
Style: Algernon Blackwood
Theme: Children's Literature
Theme: History
Theme: LitRPG
Theme: Roman Empire
Theme: Horror
Theme: Philosophy
Theme: Vikings

We're looking forward to bringing our voices to your AI-driven storytelling as you explore these new depths with Krake and our collective of Sirens & Nymphs.

It's finally here. 20 billion parameters. I haven't had time to test it much, but the press release seems to suggest you need a good prompt to get good results from it.

Also new text to speech voices:

You can also use a seed to randomize it for a unique voice apparently.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Well I'll be damned. I typed up a whole long post detailing my experiences with NovelAI in the recent past (TLDR summary, better than dumb dragon, not as good as good dragon) but that was on Sigurd, and I was going to end it with saying YEAH BUT THE SUBSCRIPTION'S A BIT TOO MUCH FOR ME, MAYBE WHEN EUTERPE ISN'T IN THE $25 TIER and as I hopped to NovelAI to double check the $25 price was correct I saw that Euterpe is running on all tiers now, including trial. And they apparently reset the trial locks on everyone so now I'm gonna have to sit down and test out Euterpe at some point since I was reasonably impressed with Sigurd but if Euterpe's so dramatically better then I might actually pay. Does slightly chap my ass that the $10 tier has half the tokens of the trial, so I'd be obliged to do $15 a month which is PRETTY painful for a toy to mess around with since I bitched about paying $5 a month for early bird AID.
Did you ever try Euterpe btw? Curious to hear a Codexer's impressions. Especially from one who also remembers good dragon.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
1512 context window. Well that's better than I thought it would be. Hopefully the hoi polloi will get it without any restrictions.

Did you ever try Euterpe btw? Curious to hear a Codexer's impressions. Especially from one who also remembers good dragon.
Only a super tiny bit, never did run up much test time on it. Been wrapped up with a bunch of different games so I haven't had much desire to dick around with AI text nonsense, especially since if I was blown away I wouldn't really want to be paying for it. From what I DID see of it though it looked pretty good, would say it's still not up to snuff to Dragon when it was at its best since good dragon was obscenely good at picking up small details in text (Writing styles, specific manners of speech for certain characters, etc) when it was brand new. Euterpe didn't look quite as quick on the uptake but it was coherent and I didn't notice much in the way of garbage outputs. Didn't try any non-humanoid character stuff like talking to the voice of an AI or talking by typing into a computer terminal or amorphous blob hive-minds or whatever though, which is what I should've done as a stress test. Don't think I even ran through the first 50 outputs limit I was so lazy, didn't feel like typing up a descriptive enough prompt for a computer or anything.

Cool to see they're rolling out a new version though, I may just keep sitting on my hands until (And if) that hits the free trial and cheap tiers and then give that a whirl instead. The text to speech voices are pretty decent too though I'd never use 'em myself.

DakaSha

Arcane
First try:

You are Donald Trump, a soldier trying to survive in a post apocalyptic world by scavenging among the ruins of what is left. You have an automatic rifle and a grenade. You have lived in this military bunker since the bombs went off. You wake up and report for duty to your commanding officer ask him what your next mission is. Sir, what is my next mission
You ask what your next mission is.
"Well soldier, your mission is to assassinate General Cern. He is the head of the National Guard and the one who has been orchestrating this zombie chaos.
You say "Why is General Cern a threat"
"I didn't ask for your opinion soldier," the Captain says, "Just do your job and we'll do the talking."
You say "Fuck you sir. Tell me"
The Captain draws his pistol from his side and holds it to your head. "Just do as I say soldier," he says, "Otherwise you'll be eating some bullets."
You say "Pull the trigger bitch"
You raise your rifle and the Captain pulls the trigger. The pistol round hits you in the forehead and you collapse to the floor dead.
You say "ouch"
You lie there for a few minutes before you finally die from the head wound.

edit:

You raise your rifle and the Captain pulls the trigger. The pistol round hits you in the forehead and you collapse to the floor dead.
You say "ouch"
You say "ouch" a few times and the Captain replies "Yeah. Sometimes you'll do some good, but other times you're just a fucking liability. I think I'll just keep you around for now, but don't think I can trust you."
You say "But I'm dead"
You say "But I'm dead" a few times and the Captain replies "Yeah, yeah, I know. I'll give you a burial later." The next day you wake up to the Captain standing over you "Get up soldier," he says,

I'm in love

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
After testing Krake (20b), I have to say that Euterpe is still better in terms of generating quality prose consistently. This may change once they finish finetuning though.

It just generates too many things like repetitions that make no sense etc. Disappointing, but not entirely unexpected, since this is an open source project they're basing it off of (instead of Facebook's AI like Euterpe), and its the project's first try at a truly large model.

However, Krake does seem to be extremely inventive when it comes to things like lore generation. And I do think that their training has improved it immensely over the vanilla 20b, so there's a chance that it will improve once they iron out the kinks a bit more.

Sample:
I was sitting on the roof of my father's manor house, watching as he and the other nobles from our region took their morning constitutionals through the fields. The air smelled like springtime; it had just rained a few hours before. A flock of geese flew overhead, honking their disapproval at the world.
I felt an odd sense of satisfaction to be able to sit there without being noticed by anyone. My mother would have been furious with me for not doing more with my time. She would've said that I'd better get up off the ground and make something of myself.
And she was right. But I wasn't ready yet.
The problem with living in a castle is that you are surrounded by so many things to do. It is easy to get distracted. You can find yourself with your nose buried in a book one moment, and the next thing you know, hours have passed and the sun is high in the sky.
As I sat there, however, I found my mind wandering to places it shouldn't be. To thoughts that made me feel guilty. I knew that my mother would be disappointed in me for allowing such things to distract me. I also knew that she wouldn't approve of what I was thinking. I didn't want her to be disappointed in me. That was why I had come here, away from everyone else.
"Is everything okay?" came a voice behind me.
I turned to see a servant girl walking toward me. She wore a blue dress and held a bundle of laundry under her arm. Her brown hair was cut short at the sides and curled around her face at the back.
She looked at me with concern. "Are you feeling well?"
"I'm fine," I said, standing up.
The girl walked over to me and set down her bundle on the wall. "It's just that you haven't moved all morning."
"I like to look at the birds fly over the fields. They seem so happy when they're free of their cages. Don't you think?"
The servant girl laughed. "Yes. I agree with you there. I love looking at the animals too. Especially the deer. They seem so graceful and strong at the same time. Like they were born to run across the open plains."
"Yes," I said. "They're beautiful creatures."
She looked out over the field, and then she spoke. "My father told me a story once. He said that there was a man once who was known for his hunting skills. His name was Lord Ragnar. One day, he was traveling with a group of hunters when they came upon a forest that was full of animals. There were so many different kinds that it seemed impossible to hunt them all. So Lord Ragnar decided to go into the forest by himself and track each animal down, one at a time. When he returned to camp, his companions asked him how he had managed to succeed.
"He told them that he had simply followed the trail of every animal he had hunted. The tracks led him from one place to another, and that is what allowed him to find them all."
"That is a wonderful story," I said, watching the way the sunlight glinted off the lake's surface.
"My father said that it shows how hard you have to work to reach your goal. If you only try your best, you will eventually succeed. That is the lesson we should learn from this tale. Do you think so?"
I nodded.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Steam version is coming:

In this Steam release, AI Dungeon is offering its first ever unlimited AI experience. On web and mobile versions, free play is governed by an energy system. In this exclusive Steam-only offering, you can play forever without worrying about energy limits.
  • Unlimited access to Griffin, our language generation model
  • No energy restrictions

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Way too little, way too late. Who the hell would trust Latitude as this point?
Steam normies maybe.

Not that it matters, since they've ruined their product completely at this point.

Why would anyone want to use an AI with no privacy and a ton of censorship if it doesn't even output decent results?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom