Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Aliens versus Predator - Single and Multi Gameplay Footage

relootz

Scholar
Satori said:
Demo is coming out on Thursday.

Looking forward to it. Really enjoyed the previous parts.

Melcar

Arcane
So is it true that they did in fact purposely slowed down the Aliens and beefed up the marines to ensure a leveled MP playing field?

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Black said:
Morons still don't get that if I wanted a cinematic experience I'd watch a film?

I guess they do it because it's the easiest to do and the most familiar. Of course most fail.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Melcar said:
So is it true that they did in fact purposely slowed down the Aliens and beefed up the marines to ensure a leveled MP playing field?
They slowed down the Aliens because otherwise the console kidz wouldn't stand a chance with their clumsy gamepads.

I have not much hope for AvP3, but I'll try the demo nonetheless.

Black

Arcane
Morgoth said:
Melcar said:
They slowed down the Aliens because otherwise the console kidz wouldn't stand a chance with their clumsy gamepads.
So does that mean Aliens are slower only on consoles?

MapMan

Arcane
Lets just hope for a console, then pretty much everything we bitched about should be changeable. (if the devs are smart enough)

The demo is out on Steam tbh.

Played it. It's a console port. Horrible mouselooking. Also, the aliens are slow.

Melcar

Arcane
Steam is to go off line starting tomorrow, so all you Steamtards better get the demo soon.
First impressions are in and the majority feel disappointed. We did warn them didn't we? Slow as fuck, console controls, shitty graphics, lame gameplay. The Codex scores again!
It's only a shitty MP "demo", but I doubt the real thing will be any different (MP wise).

I don't know. Maybe they pretty much directly ported the game from the consoles to the PC.
shrug.png

VasectomyOmega said:
I don't know. Maybe they pretty much directly ported the game from the consoles to the PC.

Anyone play the PC port of RE4? With Mouselook? THAT was interesting :lol:

Destroid

Arcane
Just played the demo as alien. Seems pretty retarded so far!

No server browser, no ping indication, epic fail.

EDIT: Oh god the motion blur as marine is horrendous. So much stun in this game, which is really annoying for deathmatch.

MapMan

Arcane
Played the demo. Its more shitty than I thought it to be. Apparently dedicated servers and all that will be in full version. Theres a lot of bugs in the game, sometimes you can grab enemy from a 10 meters away and sometimes you cant grab him if you stand next to him. Also I have no idea how the fuck do I some other finishing or stealth kills. All I could do with predator was cloak(which is useless anyway), hide somewhere and wait for someone to come, then jump next to him and pray I will be able to grab him. Aliens pretty much the same except you dont need to camp but you can run around and hope to grab someone. Marine gameplay is retarded.

Black

Arcane
So I heard that there are no dedicated servers and the only mode is deathmatch?
Man, I think the piracy will make this game sell like shit on the PC.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Won't try the demo as long as it's Steam only, but the video I saw looked sortof nice. Aliens still seem too slow, and I do not ask them to act like frenzied hamsters. Aliens also seem to have some sort of stupid grunting sound.

MapMan

Arcane
Gragt said:
Won't try the demo as long as it's Steam only, but the video I saw looked sortof nice. Aliens still seem too slow, and I do not ask them to act like frenzied hamsters. Aliens also seem to have some sort of stupid grunting sound.

Yes, they do. No idea what it does though.

Sovard

Sovereign of CDS
Yeah, the mouselook is absolutely terrible. I even maxed it out before playing just to give it a fair chance.

The quick match sucks complete dick to connect, I have no idea whether I'm connected to europeans or asians, and no ping. If they wanted to get people to buy the game, I would think a showcase of it's awesome gameplay might bring people over. Instead you get an 8 player deathmatch. WTF.

Technical issues aside the Predator is unstoppable one he gets his disc, until then (not long) he goes down like a $2 whore. The disc is just a single click on the enemy as it travels really fast and instantly kills them with a glance. The Marine wouldn't be quite so bad if the mouselook wasn't so terribly sluggish and unresponsive. The Alien is hampered by unresponsive and unreliable syncing and transitioning. You cannot reliably grab enemies, pounce on them, or do alienlike things.

It is also doubly stupid to put in a melee block. Playing as a Marine and walking into a Predator and Alien both blocking, squaring off, and circling eachother around the room made me facepalm so hard that I walked to the nearest wall and blew myself up with my government issue undermounted 30mm grenade launcher.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom