Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Amiga, Commodore and creativity

Mortmal

Arcane
Luzur this experiment is clearly biased, those are not modern kids, those are well educated white kids from good family, of good lineage(not sure of my transaltion) . Try with the little walking bag of shits .. i mean pupils i had when i was teacher, and you'lll have a much more sadder experiment.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I like how the host is like :
"This looks pretty much like a color Macintosh.", hinting at Atari being a copycat.
And Jack Trammel being :
"Yeah." , not giving a shit.

This guy was badass.

Grim Monk

Arcane
I just found the following video on Youtube.
Not really Amiga and Commodore related by certainly applies to the "Creativity" bit...

:hero:
Major props to the dudes who programed this...

CorpseZeb

Learned
Btw, there's a Doom version (well, more or less an engine demonstration, but...) for the all major 8-bit machines - Atari, Amstrad, C64, Spectrum - which I found, considering fact, there no a good Doom clone for 16 bit Amiga (68000 based, not the ones of PPC or '40 beast) and Atari ST (not TT, Falcon), funny.

Luzur

Good Sir
Btw, there's a Doom version (well, more or less an engine demonstration, but...) for the all major 8-bit machines - Atari, Amstrad, C64, Spectrum - which I found, considering fact, there no a good Doom clone for 16 bit Amiga (68000 based, not the ones of PPC or '40 beast) and Atari ST (not TT, Falcon), funny fact.

could be its prob more l33t to do one on old 8-bit machines.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I am quite certain I saw a BUILD engine implementation for the Atari 8 Bit , but cannot find back the video on youtube ; any one happens to have seen that ?

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Btw, there's a Doom version (well, more or less an engine demonstration, but...) for the all major 8-bit machines - Atari, Amstrad, C64, Spectrum - which I found, considering fact, there no a good Doom clone for 16 bit Amiga (68000 based, not the ones of PPC or '40 beast) and Atari ST (not TT, Falcon), funny.

Probably because there's kinda no point, doing it for 8-Bit is more "Look what I really can do with 8-Bit!", and there are decent Doom-clones for 020/030/040/etc such as Alien Breed 3D (the first one, not the sequel which is complete mess).

Even the high-tier Amigas didn't really have any great 3D-shooters, best ones are probably Nemac 4 and Alien Breed 3D, rest are actually pretty poorly done even though they got praises when they were released.

Bony

Learned
Queued
When games were codexian

312jmuf.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom