Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Among Vampires - Isometric Medieval Vampire RPG

voyn

Voyn Software
Developer
Hey fellow RPG enthusiasts!

I hope you're all doing well. I wanted to share a little passion project I've been working on for a while now, Among Vampires, and I'm really excited to get your thoughts and feedback on it. In this game, you take on the role of a vampire navigating a world filled with supernatural creatures, intrigue, and moral choices. Initially, I will be releasing the first version in November 1st 2023 at Google Play.

Key Features:

1. Vampire Protagonist:
    You play as a vampire, which opens up a host of gameplay possibilities and moral dilemmas as you navigate the delicate balance between your need for blood and the consequences of your actions.

2. Dynamic Ecosystem:
    The game world is alive with supernatural creatures, each with its own behaviors and reactions to your choices. Vampires hunt peasants, inquisitors defend them, werewolves turns peasant into werewolf, demons attack everybody.

3. Consequences of Death:
    When a peasant dies, a vengeful ghost is summoned, leading to potentially dangerous encounters for the player. However, too many dead peasants in close proximity can attract a summoned vampire, offering an unexpected ally.

4. Inquisitorial Intrigue:
    Inquisitors actively hunt down vampires, demons, werewolves, and ghosts. The game world responds dynamically to the death of inquisitors, potentially summoning a powerful demon that further complicates your journey.

5. Charmed Peasants:
    You have the ability to charm peasants, turning them into charmed allies who will assist you in your quest. But remember, charm too many, and you may arouse suspicion. Additionally, charmed peasants can become your slaves, which can be sold to a slave merchant or drained in your lair to heal yourself.

6. Werewolf Transformations:
    When a werewolf kills a peasant, that peasant becomes a werewolf, leading to unpredictable and chaotic encounters.

7. Blood Healing Mechanic:
    Injuries spawn bloodstains. As a vampire, you can heal by touching these bloodstains, adding a strategic element to combat.

8. Character Classes: Choose from three distinct character classes - Warrior, Ranger, and Mage. Warriors excel in close-range combat with high HP and defense, capable of stunning enemies. Rangers are fast and deal critical damage, with a stealth attack bonus and the ability to set traps. Mages wield powerful spells, can slow down enemies, and cast auras to drain life from foes.

9. Survival Mechanics:
    Utilize the Feed skill to heal from fresh corpses or rest in your lair to recover. If you've charmed a peasant during your hunting trips, you can feed from them as well.

10. Monetization:
    Rest assured, there won't be any intrusive forced ads in the game. The plan is to add rewarded ads only to enhance your gaming experience.

11. Item Variety:
    Discover over 80 different items that you can upgrade and enchant, enhancing your abilities and customizing your playstyle.

12. Souls of Enemies:
    To maintain balance and prevent pay-to-win, you can enchant your items using the souls of enemies you've killed during your hunting trips.

13. Player Interactions:
    Engage in a bazaar feature, allowing you to trade items with other players, and participate in the arena, where you can test your vampire skills against others.

14. Unique Maps:
    Each map in the game is generated uniquely for every playthrough. A special code combines smaller map fragments to create diverse and engaging environments, ensuring that no two adventures are the same. Mag fragments are design by hand so randomized maps won't be completely randomized and it won't be just randomly scattered objects around.

15. Strategic Diversity:
    Different maps require different strategies. Some may involve hunting peasants, while others may require charming peasants for assistance or sacrificing them to gain an allied vampire against formidable foes like werewolves and inquisitors.

I'm really eager to hear your thoughts on these additions and the overall game. How do these mechanics and features sound to you? Do they enhance the gameplay and add depth to the world of this vampire RPG? Any feedback, ideas, or suggestions you have will be invaluable as I continue to fine-tune and expand the game.

I'll be releasing the game on November 1st, 2023, on Google Play, and I would greatly appreciate your feedback for the next version.

Feel free to share your insights and opinions in this thread. Your feedback will play a crucial role in shaping the future of this project.

Thanks so much for your time and input!

voyn

Voyn Software
Developer
Why are you posting a mobile game here?

Mobile trash

597ba2f00cb9488c9a4a0cc3590766bd

Last edited:

voyn

Voyn Software
Developer

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
No, i don't. At least not one you can play anything other than Snake.
Hmm, I see. Maybe I should release a desktop version also.
Maybe you could make a proper game m8 :/
What do you think makes a good RPG?
Not being made for phones is a good start i would say

voyn

Voyn Software
Developer
No, i don't. At least not one you can play anything other than Snake.
Hmm, I see. Maybe I should release a desktop version also.
Maybe you could make a proper game m8 :/
What do you think makes a good RPG?
Not being made for phones is a good start i would say

Would this type of ad change your mind though? xd
754c2e63248aa5ec140a44422f74265a.jpg

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Why make the post, OP?

Mobile games don't get organic installs. You have to invest a couple grand into the game to see if it pays off, or you can have a publisher do it. But the sales or ad revenue, etc aren't going to depend on a couple of randos from Codex.

It's good that you made a game. How about getting some knowledge of how to sell it now? Posting here isn't the way.

voyn

Voyn Software
Developer
Why make the post, OP?

Mobile games don't get organic installs. You have to invest a couple grand into the game to see if it pays off, or you can have a publisher do it. But the sales or ad revenue, etc aren't going to depend on a couple of randos from Codex.

It's good that you made a game. How about getting some knowledge of how to sell it now? Posting here isn't the way.

Actually mobile games mostly get organic installs, especially if it's free. Almost everybody search App Store / Google Play to download an app. Yes, you'll have to get visibility by using paid campaigns but it brings around 10% of the total downloads only, as it costs around 3$ to get a download from paid ads on Instagram. First thing to do is to have a good ASO page, getting backlinks (dofollow / nofollow) from related sites like Rpgcodex and feedbacks from gamers so you can decide what to fix / what to remove etc. (But seems like you guys dislike mobile RPG lol) Using social media, youtube to get exposure. Some keyword analysis. Then you can shape your app page according to that. All needs to be done.

I should have started doing this earlier when I started the development of the project though. Better late than never.

Last edited:

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
It would be nice to have vampire-themed games that don’t tack on Paradox’s crappy license. It’s a guaranteed “avoid like the plague” sign now.

just

Liturgist
i'll play the pc port if it ever comes to that

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom