Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Another Diablo III class revealed!

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
Monk makes a comeback.
The Monk uses fighting-game like combos and holy magic, favoring speed over toughness. The class will have complementary skills...skills that work together better than they work apart. He will be a tougher character to master, for advanced players.

Leonard Boyarsky explained that they wanted an Eastern European feel with an Asian influence. They are the holy warriors of the game, religious warriors raised in spiritual seclusion from childhood to be living embodiments of their gods. The theological motivation gives them a nice contrast with the Witch Doctor. They are part of a highly structured society, answering to their church.

They went over some Monk skills, like the Way of the Hundred Fists. The power features three clicks of the same power that transitions from a single attack to a massive AOE. Then there's Crippling Wave, which first slows the enemy, then reduces damage to the Monk. Each skill seems to have different stages. In Exploding Palm, the first and second hits do damage, the 3rd adds a damage-over-time effect, and, if the enemy dies by this DOT, it explodes.

The powers can be combined....so stage one of one power can be switched to stage two of the next and stage three of the next. The different combinations should make for many unique strategies.
Sounds like a very fun class to play.

I am a sucker for Monks in nearly all forms

[Edit]Oh and Lestat, I know you're a weeaboo faggot who has RSS of Kotaku because you love love playing shitty gimmick console games and broccoli hair but understand that Kotaku is a shitty news site even for that, as evidenced by them not even linking to the fucking trailers.

Andhaira

Arcane
Dang, there go the chances of a paladin then. Oh well, lets hope the last class is a dark knight/demon type of thing.

MapMan

Arcane
Medieval Knights of Templar monk would've been so much better... Oh well :?

Hümmelgümpf said:
You're so cute when you're nerdraging. You remind me of Jedi Learner at his prime.

You're so pathetic when you're trying to comeback. You remind me of...

fuck most of the Codex really

Shannow

Waster of Time
Emotional Vampire said:
Hümmelgümpf said:
You're so cute when you're nerdraging. You remind me of Jedi Learner at his prime.

You're so pathetic when you're trying to comeback. You remind me of...

fuck most of the Codex really
Still trolling? Didn't attract the attention of a potential boyfriend yet? Just keep trying. Any girl, even the most ugly can attract men on the net.
Just a little advice, if I may: The whole trolling thing might get you some attention. But if you really want to get laid, you need more than that. Subtle stuff like feminine internet handles just don't cut it on the codex. "Emotional Vampire" wasn't a bad choice but I doubt many "got it". And writing like a girl pretty much goes under when all you do is troll. It's far too subtle for common internet-tards. You should simply be more offensive about your sex. And the whole rebell-girl "I'll troll the codex, because nobody likes me I'll make everybody hate me" only works in teenie flicks where the rebells actually are attractive under all the unkempt hair.
Have you tried PMing Kris yet? I hear he is looking. If all else fails you can always claim not to be "naturally" female. Many codexers are facinated by trannies. Anyway, good luck, I'm sure you'll be successful eventually.

If I Bioware announced Jade Empire 2 and had this exact same thing you people would be pricks about it, and you all know it.

JrK

Prophet
The more we get on D3, the more it sounds like there are diverse classes with some really cool tactical choices and options as well as diverse character options. I really really dig the mage with the time stop and teleportation spells.

Turok

Erudite
Now i have my favorite caracter :D

If there is no necromancer on expansion or anything this will be my first run.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Occasionally Fatal said:
the monk is basically a cross between the old paladin (holy spells, possibly auras, not sure) + assassin (martial arts + combos).
Looks more like a mix between the monk class from Hellfire and the assassin

ah, i never played hellfire. last class definitely has to be a rogue or something.

@mickey mouse:

yes, because diablo and jade empire are basically the same game, but just look at all the threads around here where we hate on bioware but never, ever, do anything but worship the godlike, untouchable blizzard. oh wai~

troll 1/10

M_I_C_K_E_Y_M_O_U_S_E said:
If I Bioware announced Jade Empire 2 and had this exact same thing you people would be pricks about it, and you all know it.

875694-nerd_rage_super.jpg

Kron

Arcane
WHAT THE FUCK
What is a monk doing in Diablo??!!
I know that Diablo 3 is not essentially Diablo anymore, but seriously WTF.
The character looks just too fucking WarCrafty - it's just too fucking obvious now - and the weapons it uses in the concept art... god this game is going down the drain.
I bet my ass this character will get to use katanas and azn oriented weaponry.
So long for the gothic/middle ages theme.

Kron

Arcane
Fuck! I had forgotten about that fucking HellFire!
Anyway, the presence of the monk as portrayed in Diablo 3 still looks more like a calling to WoW fans. Check that necklace the guy has. Its the kind of azn monk thing some units in WC3 had.

DaveO

Erudite
So does that mean Bard is next? Just thinking if they want to give the other Hellfire class a new life.

Black

Arcane
M_I_C_K_E_Y_M_O_U_S_E said:
Maybe because jade empire sucked
llolololololollo

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom