Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Any cool Bronze Age game?

Silva

Arcane
I'm looking for bronze age like games. What's out there?

Fantasy games that resemble the bronze era are game too (like Six Ages/King of Dragon Pass).

laclongquan

Arcane
Unreal World.

You start having nothing, so you make do by making wooden tool or stone tool.

Later on you can buy or rob for bronze and iron tools

NOthing is more exhalarating than throw a wooden javelin right on one thigh of a reindeer, then chase it across 6 maps and finally beat it to death with a slender-trunk-made club.

Last edited:

Conan

Arcane
Age of empires 1 has Bronze Age empires (Hittites). Age of Mythology at least from Egyptian and Greek perspective is set in the Bronze Age. Predynastic and new kingdom Egypt games are set in middle Bronze Age.

Black_Willow

Arcane
Royal-Game-of-Ur.jpg

A game from about 2500 BC

dbx

Arcane
Patron
Dawn of Man if you like "city" builders.
With similar gameplay there is also Ancient Cities in early access, but I'd avoid it. Too early access and I don't think it's ever going to be completed.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Dawn of Man if you like "city" builders.
With similar gameplay there is also Ancient Cities in early access, but I'd avoid it. Too early access and I don't think it's ever going to be completed.

Dawn of Man is great and still being updated (with most updates being somewhat minor like adding cheese to the game but hey).

Ancient Cities is like Dawn of Man but with only 10% of the content, and it was kickstarted long before Dawn of Man was a thing. Dawn of Man had more content on release than Ancient Cities, and it received its latest content update last November.

Pretty easy choice which of the two to pick.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom