Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Apocalypse: so fun it's worth repeating - Let's play SMT III

spekkio

Arcane
Great attention to detail, KalosKagathos.
I'm starting to wonder if you're not Black Cat's alt... :?

For screenshots try hypersnap, I use it when Fraps fails.

Oh, and in before:
OLOLO it's the same emo bullshit as in all jRPGs plus it's shitty blob combat and it sucks and fuck animu chibi design, fuck fuck fuck.

:rpgcodex:

:)

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Good update. ;)

Max approves.

cZZFB.png

Edit: Oh and keep giving that extra background info about demons and shit. I'm a sucker for folklore :oops:

F8 key will save the screenshot as a .bmp to your /snaps folder. Dunno if there is a way to get GSDX to save the screenshot in better format, you will probably have to convert it yourself.

lightbane

Arcane
Fun fact: If you keep your pixie without using her as fusion fodder and/or kick her out of the party, by the endgame she'll become an uber-powerful demon for free.

spekkio

Arcane
2r5spj8.jpg

I'm certain he didn't know... :lol:

And you can use her in fusions as many times as you want... :M

KalosKagathos

Learned
lightbane said:
Fun fact: If you keep your pixie without using her as fusion fodder and/or kick her out of the party, by the endgame she'll become an uber-powerful demon for free.
Can't we all avoiding posting blatant spoilers for the sake of those who are yet to play the game?
spekkio said:
And you can use her in fusions as many times as you want...
Not quite. She can't be used as a sacrifice.

Thanks for the screen capturing suggestions, everyone. I'll check them out and see what works best.

Black Cat

Magister
You are way better at this than i was. Your LP promises to be awesome indeed, keep up the good work.

KalosKagathos said:
I tend to make him a support character.

Great minds think alike.

KalosKagathos said:
I miss once and the enemy scores a critical hit. Both Medicines have to be used up to guarantee survival.

You know this'll be an interesting experience when you almost got your butt handed back to you by a kodama and a will o'wisp. Ganbare!

KalosKagathos said:
Forneus is a demon of the Fallen race that originates in The Lesser Key of Solomon and apparently supposed to excel at rhetoric. I'm certain that Black Cat can tell you more.

Forneus is an infernal Marquis, and the demonic ruler who embodies the infernal form of the daylight power of Chesed on Assiah. Just nod. The demons connected to Assiah's emanations are the easiest ones to understand for us modern mortals, and Forneus himself is one of the easiest ones to understand of all those: He and his legions, for all the infernal lords of the Lemegeton are the heavenly equivalent of the fallen primarchs or something, fell out of good old greed and ambition. There was not a great ideal, not a deep reason, not a complex philosophical motivation. He wanted the shit he wanted, and not even God was going to tell him not to get it. That did work well, yes it did.

His legions are mostly from the orders of both Thrones and Angels, the former ones meaning he was pretty high up the heavenly hierarchy before going rogue.

Curiously his prefered shape is that of a great sea monster, though he's truly an embodiment of powers that could be considered much closer to the classical element of Earth than that of Water. Also, his Megami Tensei design and persona is pretty good and i believe the crown, his anger upon not getting paid tribute, and his general attitude actually reflect the reason behind his fall pretty well. Some times i get surprised at how much they actually did their research, not even most witches and warlocks and occultists i have met know the shit i just wrote.

The ray thing shape is also pretty reminiscent of an Angel's. I like.

spekkio said:
Oh, and in before:
OLOLO it's the same emo bullshit as in all jRPGs plus it's shitty blob combat and it sucks and fuck animu chibi design, fuck fuck fuck.

:smug:

Cenobyte

Prophet
KalosKagathos said:
She also comes equipped with Dia, the basic healing spell, and Zio, the basic Electricity spell.

Are the spell names influenced by Wizardry, by chance? I remember the earliest Wizardry games also having such weird spell names like Dio and Halito and so on...
I've never got into the logic behind those names and just use a spell list to decipher what spell I want to cast ;)

lightbane

Arcane
KalosKagathos said:
NO SPOILERS OR GTFO

Sorry, I just wanted to help :oops:

Just a thought: Considering the main character is so... "verbose", just for fun. you could ocasionally add some minor "Codexian-like" dialogue of how he would react judging how fucked up he's every second.

IE:

Forneus: "Blablabla I'm very butthurt because one human managed to sneak past me, and now I'm going to kill you because I say so."

Von Dex: "Intelligence: I suppose talking is not an option, no? Fucking jprgs, Fallout could be finished with a pure diplomatic build, this is popamole shit mainstream consoletards*rants for several minutes*"

Or:

Von Dex: (before the "demonization") "You want to stick inside me a daemonic leech? Can't we DISCUSS the issue? Or at least give me back my jacket?"

spekkio

Arcane
Sovard said:
The dialogue (particularly that of the "demons") was the primary cause for me abandoning the game. I remember groaning for a few solid minutes at that first boss.
Yup, the dialogue is nothing special. But he was a low-level stupid demon, what did you expect? A sophisticated case of rat-diplomacy? :?

Von Dex: "Intelligence: I suppose talking is not an option, no? Fucking jprgs, Fallout could be finished with a pure diplomatic build, this is popamole shit mainstream consoletards*rants for several minutes*"

The SNES SMTs allowed you to finish the game without a single offensive action (ninja edit: Actually the second one forces you to kill a few demons in the simulator at the beginning I believe. We can pinpoint the beginning of the decline to this).

This isn't Nocturne suffering from JRPGitist, just standard dumbed down next gen popamole :decline:

KalosKagathos

Learned
Overweight Manatee said:
The SNES SMTs allowed you to finish the game without a single offensive action (ninja edit: Actually the second one forces you to kill a few demons in the simulator at the beginning I believe. We can pinpoint the beginning of the decline to this).
What about bosses?

I really like the looks of the Fiends when you come across them... especially Matador. Also, good luck on Matador. Show the reloads, please!

KalosKagathos

Learned
Flying Spaghetti Monster said:
I really like the looks of the Fiends when you come across them... especially Matador. Also, good luck on Matador. Show the reloads, please!
Show the what? Force resistance + Sukunda/Sukukaja = 1 dead Matador. The only way to die to him is if you don't know what's coming.

His one physical attack spell can kill you with unlucky crits. That always seemed to happen to me. But yeah, if you have fog breath by then, he'll be cake.

KalosKagathos

Learned
His one physical attack spell can kill you with unlucky crits. That always seemed to happen to me. But yeah, if you have fog breath by then, he'll be cake.
He doesn't do Andalucia Attack until you reduce him to half health, I think. If damage debuffs aren't running at that point you goddamn deserve to die.

KalosKagathos

Learned
Update 4: Yoyogi Park and Shibuya

Black Cat said:
Where's my update? :(
Right here.

pcsx2r31132010092412362.jpg

pcsx2r31132010092412363.jpg

pcsx2r31132010092412363.jpg

pcsx2r31132010092412364.jpg

oldwomany.jpg
My little master has pitied you. The least you could do is survive such a trivial thing as this. ...Come to think of it, this is your first time seeing the new Tokyo, is it not? Allow me to tell you one thing, if you don't mind... Look above you.

pcsx2r31132010092412365.jpg

pcsx2r31132010092412370.jpg

oldwomany.jpg
Now, do you see something shining in the center of this world? That is Kagutsuchi. That is what created this Vortex World, and that is also what provides power to the inhabitants of this world.

It's kinda like Sigil, except Tokyo is on the inner side of the surface of a sphere, rather than a torus.

pcsx2r31132010092412373.jpg

oldwomany.jpg
Oh, my little master, are we leaving already?

pcsx2r31132010092412373.jpg

oldwomany.jpg
You can create a new world, or you can destroy this one. The choice is yours...

pcsx2r31132010092412374.jpg

After a dramatic fade to black...

BGM: Checkmate

pcsx2r31132010092412380.jpg

Mysterious man: This doesn't seem like the kind of place you'd find sushi.

pcsx2r31132010092412381.jpg

Mysterious man: ...Oh well. Time to get to work.

Who can this mysterious man possibly be? :M

BGM: Large Map

pcsx2r31132010092412382.jpg

That's Nocturne's world map. Works like every other RPG world map ever and serves to connect various locations.

pcsx2r31132010092412382.jpg

Soul: Then, let me tell you something. This is Shinjuku, and if you go south from here... Well, Tokyo's round, so I'm talking relatively here... If you go south, you'll see Yoyogi Park and Shibuya. Speaking of which, I saw a human head toward Shibuya.

pcsx2r31132010092412385.jpg

Soul: ...Have you heard of the Tokyo rumor?
mcdemon.jpg
No.
Soul: A guy with a strong will is going to change this chaotic world... That's a good one, huh? Tokyo's forever in chaos! Hahahahahahaha!!

Who can this guy possibly be? :M

pcsx2r31132010092412395.jpg

If you remember, we promised the Pixie a lift to Yoyogi Park. That's our next stop.

pcsx2r31132010092412395.jpg

BGM: Mystery

pcsx2r31132010092412400.jpg

pcsx2r31132010092412400.jpg

pixiep.jpg
We made it to Yoyogi Park, so I guess we can part ways now. Or... do I get the sense you want us to stay together? Hmmm???
mcdemon.jpg
I need you.
pixiep.jpg
Mmmm... I like the way that sounds. *flirt* You win! I'll stay with you a while longer!

And stay she did. Releasing the Pixie would give us the Ankh Magatama quite a bit earlier than usual, but keeping the Pixie until the late game carries a different reward. The lack of Ankh will hurt at Ginza where we'll be getting in a lot of fights with Angels who love to throw instakill Hama spells around without any means of protecting the main character from them, but it'll work out.

pcsx2r31132010092412403.jpg

Soul: They locked the door, so we can't get in...

The overwhelming majority of the park is off limits right now, as fairies have barricaded themselves inside for an unknown reason. The reason will remain unknown for tens of hours of game time.

pcsx2r31132010092412421.jpg

Soul: Seems that she came from some hospital.

Huh. Chiaki seems to be safe, but what happened to Isamu? Souls at the hospitals saw him sneaking out, so where did he disappear to?

pcsx2r31132010092412414.jpg

incubusj.jpg

Incubi are... Oh, come on, you know who they are. If you don't, ask your mom.

Demon: Then, hurry up and go to the Fountain of Life up ahead. ...She's hot!

pcsx2r31132010092412422.jpg

BGM: Recovery Spring

pcsx2r31132010092412422.jpg

Lady of the Fount: Your name has reached my humble ears... I will assist you to the best of my ability.

pcsx2r31132010092412423.jpg

Fountains of Life are where you heal, cure status effects, raise the dead and, most importantly, recover MP - all of it for you hard-earned cash. When you hit 30s it becomes very much possible to give all your demons the Mana Refill passive, which does exactly what you'd expect it to do. Until then, Fountains remain the most efficient way to recover MP and a lot of Macca will be spent here.

That covers everything the park has to offer for now. Time to leave and head for Shibuya.

pcsx2r31132010092412463.jpg

Soul: It's just like I said... The world's all round! But even now, no one believes me! I hear prophecies from Jupiter! You believe me, don'tcha? *hic*
mcdemon.jpg
Of course I do.
Soul: Oh! You believe me!? Then, I'll tell you somethin' good! The 'Demi-fiend' is the one that's going to create the new world... By gum! You wouldn't be... Naw! *hic*

Who can this Demi-fiend possibly be? :M

pcsx2r31132010092412434.jpg

Somewhere around here we get to level 7 and obtain the first Wadatsumi spell, Ice Breath. This one is interesting. It's an AoE Ice skill, but unlike Mabufu, which deals Ice damage to all enemy targets, this one deals damage to random targets. It may seem inferior at first, but then you realize that it can target the same enemy multiple times.

pcsx2r31132010092412444.jpg

Another thing to note. As they level up, demons will sometimes express a desire to speak to you. Agreeing causes them to give you an item (and they can be pretty damn good items, up to and including incenses that boost your stats permanently). Declining does nothing, so I'm unsure why you'd want to decline.

BGM: Normal Battle -Large Map-

pcsx2r31132010092412475.jpg

And we have a new enemy.

684pxzhen.jpg

This is a Zhen, a highly poisonous legendary bird from the mountains of southern China. It belongs to the Wilder race, so we won't be recruiting this one.

pcsx2r31132010092412480.jpg

BGM: Shibuya

pcsx2r31132010092412481.jpg

pcsx2r31132010092412483.jpg

pcsx2r31132010092412484.jpg

Soul: The other cities battle it out because of disagreements, but everyone here's laid-back.

pcsx2r31132010092412485.jpg

Soul: There's one with shops, and one with a club. For shops, I recommend the Cathedral of Shadows. They have creepy ceremonies there.

pcsx2r31132010092412490.jpg

Demon: Where's that Forneus!?

shinmegatennocturneconc.jpg

Decarabia is another Goetian demon. :summonblackcat: Unlike Forneus, herbs are his forte, but since they share the seafood motif, them being buddies is a minor running gag in SMT, to the point that they have a fusion spell called Best Friends in Persona 3.

pcsx2r31132010092412494.jpg

Let's check out the first underground mall the soul mentioned.

BGM: Normal Battle -Town-

pcsx2r31132010092412515.jpg

Datsue-ba is a meaner Buddhist Charon who meets souls of the dead near the Sanzu river, but instead of helping them cross, she does nasty things to them, with the nastiness being directly proportional to how much of a bastard they were when they were alive. Naturally, we recruit one.

pcsx2r31132010092412530.jpg

Needle Rush is a physical skill that works the way Lunge does. Shibaboo is the interesting one. What it does is Bind one enemy. I think it's time to explain status effects.

There are 12 of them in total.
1. Shock. Can be caused by any spell that deals Electricity damage and results in the target taking critical damage from all physical attacks until its next turn.
2. Freeze. Same thing as Shock, but triggered by Ice attacks.
3. Stone. Prevents the target from moving and causes them to die in one hit. Associated with the Death damage type.
4. Sleep. The target can't move, but recovers a bit of HP and MP every turn it skips and awakens when attacked. Mind damage type.
5. Panic. The target will do weird crap, ranging from skipping turns to throwing money away. Mind damage type.
6. Charm. The target will attack allies, heal enemies or just skip turns. Mind damage type.
7. Stun. Increases the chances of missing. Nerve damage type.
8. Bind. Nastier version of Shock/Freeze. In addition to being more likely to suffer from criticals, the target can't move. Nerve damage type.
9. Mute. The target can't cast spells. Physical skills still work, I think. Curse damage type.
10. Poison. The target will constantly take damage, both in battle and out of it. Curse damage type.
11. Fly. Turns the target into a fly. The skill set remains the same, but all stats go way down, and resistances are overridden with crap. Curse damage type. Only one boss is capable of inflicting this one. I hate that boss.
12. Curse. Magatamas can curse the main character when they go wild on level ups. Essentially a combination of Poison and Charm, as it makes you take damage and attack allies. However, it changes the fusion table, potentially making it very useful.

Resistances-wise, status effects work the same way as other attacks. Exploiting a weakness to ailments costs less APs, casting them on immune enemies costs more.

pcsx2r31132010092412565.jpg

mouryo.jpg

Red Will o' Wisps are called Mou-Ryo. In Japanese mythology they are souls of the dead who for some reason failed to reach heaven and now wander around the world.

pcsx2r31132010092412574.jpg

As we beat the crap out of them, one gets scared and offers to join us.

pcsx2r31132010092412580.jpg

Meh. Can poison and inflict panic, but elemental spells are more efficient at this point of the game.

pcsx2r31132010092412591.jpg

180pxslime.jpg

Slimes are the result of a failed summoning or fusion attempt. Another Foul.

pcsx2r31132010092412585.jpg

We discover the first Mystical Chest in the game. Their contents are randomized and may range from a Life Stone to gems and Soma. Opening them when Kagutsuchi is full always gives you the best possible item, this time a gem. Gems are used as currency at a certain shop.

pcsx2r31132010092413115.jpg

Speaking of shops, there are four establishments in this mall. The cross icon marks a Fountain of Life, the cylinder a terminal, the diamond a junk shop and the circles a Cathedral of Shadows.

BGM: Junk Shop

pcsx2r31132010092413004.jpg

jackfrostds.jpg

Jack Frost. The one responsible for beautiful patterns you can find on your windows in winter. Highly marketable and is used by Atlus as a mascot.

Heeho: My goal is to become a super-cool and super-strong demon, like the great King. So I'm thinking of going on a journey to train myself, but I need money, hee ho... Can you help me out by buying lots of stuff, hee ho?

675pxkingfrostsmt2.jpg

King Frost, everyone's favorite boss from SMT II, appears to be this guy's role model.

pcsx2r31132010092413013.jpg

Magatamas are the best thing junk shops have to offer. This one has two: Iyomante (gives immunity to Mind and teaches debuffs) and Shiranui (immunity to Fire at the cost of weakness to Force, teaches Fire skills). Since I'm playing on Hard, all prices are tripled, putting both of them out of our reach for now.

BGM: Heretic Mansion

pcsx2r31132010092413015.jpg

pcsx2r31132010092413020.jpg

pcsx2r31132010092413020.jpg

minister.jpg
We hope that our secret art will be of help to you, master of demons. There are Cathedrals elsewhere; feel free to drop by.

pcsx2r31132010092413021.jpg

Welcome to the Cathedral of Shadows, where demons come together. Fusion is a recurring feature in Shin Megami Tensei games that effectively allows you to exchange two (or more) demons for one that is hopefully more powerful than either of the original demons. Both the race and the level of the resulting demon is defined by the race and the level of the original demons. For example, fusing a Fairy with a Jirae always gives you a Yoma. Exactly which Yoma you're going to get depends on the level of the Fairy and the Jirae you used in fusion. Only the original level of demons is taken into account, by the way. You can level up a Pixie all the way to 99, but for the purposes of fusion she will always remain a level 2 demon. A lot of demons can only be obtained by fusing other demons, so it's an important feature to master.

pcsx2r31132010092413022.jpg

The information that can be learned from ministers is mostly technical, and I'll explain it myself as the thread progresses. They have interesting things to say about Magatamas, though.

minister.jpg
With the power they have sealed inside, Magatama can change humans into demons. Each Magatama's powers are unique, giving their host new skills. There are Magatama that can give techniques that no other demon has ever seen or used. When will it give out new techniques? Ask the Magatama itself. You can tell when the time is near by its movement. We help those who use Magatama in order to fulfill our duty. When you have collected all the Magatama... That will be the time to carry out our mission. Come back to the Cathedral of Shadows once you have collected all the Magatama.

So what did we learn?

1. The plural is "Magatama", not "Magatamas". Sorry for all the embarrassing misspelling.
2. Some skills can be learned by the main character.
3. If you see a Magatama shake at the selection screen then your level is high enough to learn the next skill it has to teach (I didn't notice this on my first playthrough).
4. Gathering 24 Magatama will result in... something.

pcsx2r31132010092413082.jpg

Now let's try fusion. The level of the resulting demon can't exceed the level of the main character, which considerably limits what we can fuse at this point.

pcsx2r31132010092413103.jpg

By fusing a Kodama and a Shikigami we can get a Jack Frost. Dark Might is a passive that makes the basic attack crit automatically on new Kagutsuchi (highly useful in boss fights). Skills with their names shown in green are skills inherited from parent demons. Not all skills can be inherited by all demons (only beasts can inherit claw and bite skills, while only humanoids can inherit weapon skills), but the restrictions are pretty loose, and most of the bread-and-butter stuff that you'd want all your demons to have can be inherited by everyone.

pcsx2r31132010092413105.jpg

pcsx2r31132010092413110.jpg

pcsx2r31132010092413111.jpg

pcsx2r31132010092413133.jpg

Mall number 2.

pcsx2r31132010092413134.jpg

Soul: Welcome to Kick-Ass Deli, punk! Try my knuckle sandwich!!

pcsx2r31132010092413135.jpg

One Will o' Wisp? Seriously?

pcsx2r31132010092413140.jpg

Soul: I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I'll offer you some juicy information, so please forgive me... There's a human girl at the club downstairs.

pcsx2r31132010092413165.jpg

More gems.

pcsx2r31132010092413175.jpg

One room has a forced battle inside it.

pcsx2r31132010092413175.jpg

998pxnekomatasmt3.jpg

Hi-res goodness is hi-res. :3 A Nekomata is a malicious cat spirit from Japanese folklore. They usually wreck general havoc around the household, but some can eat the owner of the house and take her place, nya.

A Nekomata is a dangerous opponent to our low-level party, and her criticals can kill demons with low HP pool outright. She can charm them as well, but her accuracy rate with that spell isn't high.

pcsx2r31132010092414130.jpg

Pixie hits level 6, learns the last skill that she can learn and is finally ready to evolve.

pcsx2r31132010092414130.jpg

pcsx2r31132010092414132.jpg

Her stats increase, and she can learn new skills now.

pcsx2r31132010092413222.jpg

Finally, the club.

BGM: Chiaki

pcsx2r31132010092413222.jpg

pcsx2r31132010092413223.jpg

pcsx2r31132010092413223.jpg

chiaki.jpg
...How should I act at a time like this? ...Should I be happy? Like, "I'm glad we're both okay."? It's you, Reginald, right? ...I can tell.

pcsx2r31132010092413230.jpg

chiaki.jpg
I realized...

pcsx2r31132010092413231.jpg

chiaki.jpg
I'm... a little tired. Reginald... Do you know what happened to the world?
mcdemon.jpg
The Conception occurred.

pcsx2r31132010092413233.jpg

chiaki.jpg
You mean... What was written in that magazine actually happened?

pcsx2r31132010092413234.jpg

chiaki.jpg
...I see. ...I feel sick to my stomach.

pcsx2r31132010092413240.jpg

chiaki.jpg
I couldn't even tell where my house used to be... I seriously thought that I was the only person still alive. ...I'm so glad to see you, Reginald. Maybe... there's still hope.

pcsx2r31132010092413241.jpg

chiaki.jpg
Ms. Takao and Isamu might be around somewhere, too.

pcsx2r31132010092413242.jpg

chiaki.jpg
...I'm not ready to give up entirely. They must be alive. Fate can't be that cruel.

pcsx2r31132010092413243.jpg

pcsx2r31132010092413243.jpg

It's generally a good idea to drop by the club once in a while. Sometimes new content becomes available in previously visited areas, and the patrons here will point it out.

pcsx2r31132010092413251.jpg

Soul on the right: There's an organization in Ginza saying that it'll "create a new world".
Soul on the left: Huh? "Create a new world"?? I'm scared!

pcsx2r31132010092413252.jpg

pcsx2r31132010092414264.jpg

Demon: Meow! I have an idea! If you do something naughty with me, I'll tell you the name!

pcsx2r31132010092414265.jpg

Let's dancin'!

Demon: Meow, wonderful!

Not-the-actual-BGM-but-it-totally-should-have-been: Disco

pcsx2r31132010092414270.jpg

Another Nekomata fight. Still lethal.

pcsx2r31132010092414275.jpg

After you meet Chiaki a new demon appears in Shibuya.

pcsx2r31132010092414282.jpg

Demon: He's still snooping around there yelling, "I've got it!" every so often. What's he got?

This is Setanta. Setanta is the given name of Cu Chulainn, Culann's Hound, probably the most well-known Irish hero.

pcsx2r31132010092414285.jpg

pcsx2r31132010092414290.jpg

pcsx2r31132010092414290.jpg

hijiri.jpg
...I don't know what to say. You came here all by yourself, on foot!? You must've gained some incredible power!

pcsx2r31132010092414292.jpg

hijiri.jpg
...using this. Remember? You saw one just like it at the hospital. This isn't an ordinary piece of artwork. It's a truly amazing device.

pcsx2r31132010092414293.jpg

hijiri.jpg
These are connected to each other by a strange passageway. Using that passageway - the Amala Network - you can send anything to a distant location instantly. So basically, I transported myself here from the hospital. I'm guessing that there are more of these devices in different locations, and that they form a huge transportation network. ...And most likely that network is connected to where Hikawa is.

pcsx2r31132010092414295.jpg

hijiri.jpg
If we're gonna have any hope of getting out of this mess, then we've got to find Hikawa. I heard there's a group in Ginza that's vying for control of shaping this infant world, and its leader is a human.

pcsx2r31132010092414300.jpg

hijiri.jpg
So... I want you to try and find any information you can about that group. I'll use this device to send you to Ginza.

pcsx2r31132010092414301.jpg

hijiri.jpg
It's definitely risky, but it's better than wandering around on your own. ...I'm gonna stay here for a while. Let me know when you decide what you want to do. But, keep this in mind. I have no idea what things will be like in Ginza now. If you do decide to go there, make sure you prepare yourself, alright?

I take Hijiri's advice to heart and do some preparations.

pcsx2r31132010092414311.jpg

First, I buy Iyomante.

pcsx2r31132010092414454.jpg

Second, I grind a level and learn Tarunda from my shiny new Magatama. Tarunda reduces the damage dealt by all enemies, stacks with itself up to four times and lasts until it's dispelled. Never enter a boss fight without it. During this time, I also recruit a Pixie and a Shikigami.

pcsx2r31132010092414484.jpg

Third, I fuse. Pixie is fused with Hua Po into an Apsaras.

An Apsaras (or an Apsara) is a heavenly maiden in Hinduism who entertains gods and heroes with her dancing.

pcsx2r31132010092414544.jpg

Jack Frost and Shikigami give me a Lilim.

430pxlilimsmt.jpg

In Hebrew lore, Lilim (or Lilin) are the progeny of Lilith and Samael, an archangel associated with death and poison.

pcsx2r31132010092414592.jpg

pcsx2r31132010092414592.jpg

hijiri.jpg
Once I send you, I'll head over to Ginza too. Until then... stay alive. Good luck!!

pcsx2r31132010092414594.jpg

pcsx2r31132010092414595.jpg

There's no better way to end an update than with a white screen.

KalosKagathos said:
Overweight Manatee said:
What about bosses?

Standing around doing nothing while my demon's kill enemies is still adhereing to pacifism in my book :lol:

KalosKagathos said:
He doesn't do Andalucia Attack until you reduce him to half health, I think. If damage debuffs aren't running at that point you goddamn deserve to die.

Damage debuffs never worked for me. Still, I'll sit contently and watch you either get raped or prove me wrong, Mr. I'm playing Hard mode for the first time :smug:

He will remove your buffs instantly if you cast any (aside from agility buffs that partially negate his agility boost, which he will only remove eventually), and Andalucia alone is still more then enough to to take off 80% of you and any demon that doesn't resist physical. God help you if he gets a critical and does it again.

KalosKagathos said:
1. Shock. Can be caused by any spell that deals Electricity damage and results in the target taking critical damage from all physical attacks until its next turn.
2. Freeze. Same thing as Shock, but triggered by Ice attacks.

Minor addition: Freeze will negate enemy physical resistance and null so physical attacks do full damage. It may also negate physical drain/repel, but I'm not sure. Ice Dance is like the bestest skill ever .

lightbane

Arcane
pcsx2r31132010092413231.jpg

That automatically makes her more intelligent and likeable than let's say 90% of girls in jrpgs (and anime, manga, comics, books AND rpgs too). Instead of whining and crying, she accepts the situation and actually tries to do something useful.

spekkio

Arcane
Great update, KalosKagathos.

Looking forward to the inevitable rape in the Amala Network... :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom