Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News APRIL FOOL: Bethesda: Obsidian To Develop Fallout Sequel

Vibalist

Arcane
villain of the story said:
The shit got real. Amazing.

kathode said:
Hoax.

Would've been funnier if you said we were making them do it KOTOR2 style. Slam dunk!

IRONY OVERLOAD!

hah

MetalCraze

Arcane
Well New Vegas was a joke. Judging by how retarded everything in it was it may as well have been done by Bethesda and they just slapped Obsidian logo on the box, so pretentious morons like in this here forum could put a monocle on and go like "yeeaahhh, quest compass owns, we were so butthurt about it for 4 years, crying on ESF about it and getting banned, spamming the shit out of Codex with cries about it, but now it rules cuz it's done by Avellone yeah"

I remember when I said at FO3 release that if it was done by Obsidian morons would've been praising all the dumb shit in the game :lol:

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
haters.gif

Vibalist

Arcane
MetalCraze said:
Well New Vegas was a joke. Judging by how retarded everything in it was it may as well have been done by Bethesda and they just slapped Obsidian logo on the box, so pretentious morons like in this here forum could put a monocle on and go like "yeeaahhh, quest compass owns, we were so butthurt about it for 4 years, crying on ESF about it and getting banned, spamming the shit out of Codex with cries about it, but now it rules cuz it's done by Avellone yeah"

I remember when I said at FO3 release that if it was done by Obsidian morons would've been praising all the dumb shit in the game :lol:

Do you ever get tired of trolling the Codex?

Deleted member 7219

MetalCraze said:

Dumbfuck this guy now. Others have been Dumbfucked for less.

MCA
MetalCraze said:

But have you played it at least 7 times to reach that conclusion?

Either way, it's clear you are retarded. New Vegas had a good share of retardation, some stemming from being a Slam Dunk built on Bethesda's code and some from Obsidian being Obsidian, but the good outweighs the bad.

gromit

Arcane
No, he's right! I suddenly fell in complete and utter love with the quest compass, and Bethesda's implementation of Gamebryo, as soon as New Vegas shipped. As we all know, every good RPG in the last, say, 15 years has arrived completely unhindered by buggy engines, interface annoyances, and questionable capitulations to the mainstream.

Shannow

Waster of Time
wallace said:
No, he's right! I suddenly fell in complete and utter love with the quest compass, and Bethesda's implementation of Gamebryo, as soon as New Vegas shipped. As we all know, every good RPG in the last, say, 15 years has arrived completely unhindered by buggy engines, interface annoyances, and questionable capitulations to the mainstream.
Sarcasm doesn't translate well in written form :M
You only partly countered his point, by the way.
If quest compass was a major :x of the codex in the past then simply ignoring it and going :love: New Vegas although it features it is pathetic. Now that assumption can also be easily countered (since this was skyway's worst post in a while), but I'll let you figure that out on your own...

Suchy

Arcane
The first thing I did in NV was disabling the quest compass. And unlinke FO3/Oblivion, it was still perfectly playable, because NPCs give actual directions.

MCA
Indeed. Oblivion and FO3 sucked because the games relied on quest compass. In NV, it's more a leftover of the base Bethesda design of FO3. Drawing a parallel between between OB/FO3 and NV in regard to compass and complaining about it = sign of not having played the game or being a moron.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
BROS FALLOUT 3 NEW VEGAS YOU HYPERCRATES WOLOLO QUEST COMPASS HURF DURF SHLUPR AVELLONNE GULP GULP PLEASE RELEASE YOUR SEMEN ON OUR FACE PLEASE

HERPA DERPA
SHOPP DA WURP

:M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M

circ

Arcane
Suchy said:
The first thing I did in NV was disabling the quest compass. And unlinke FO3/Oblivion, it was still perfectly playable, because NPCs give actual directions.
The first thing I did in NV was laugh at the bugs. And then uninstalling it.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
No. I phrased that poorly. I really didn't have a problem with bugs in NV.

Off the top of my head (I kept track because I had heard the game was buggy as shit), I had 3 CTDs and one quest bug where I had to load from an earlier save in about 50 hours of gameplay. That's not that bad for an unpatched RPG.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Vibalist said:
MetalCraze said:

Do you ever get tired of trolling the Codex?

His Soviet overlords and their Chernobyl brian-rays force him to stay here even though he hates it so much. We should look at him not with hate, but with pity. He would leave if only he had the choice, for how warped would you have to be to stay through choice in a forum when you spend all your time sobbing hysterically about how much you hate it?

Project: Eternity
TheUnFlickable said:
if obsidian does another fallout game. i wan't it to be a fallout tactics. but i shouldn't need a squad to beat singleplayer.
This is the most inexplicable contraction ever.

Anyway:
Fuck you, thread necro'er - you got my hopes up. For a minute, I thought it looked like they had just confirmed that Fallout 4 is Obsidian's.

Silellak

Cipher
Jasede said:
BROS FALLOUT 3 NEW VEGAS YOU HYPERCRATES WOLOLO QUEST COMPASS HURF DURF SHLUPR AVELLONNE GULP GULP PLEASE RELEASE YOUR SEMEN ON OUR FACE PLEASE

HERPA DERPA
SHOPP DA WURP

:M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Am I the only one who remembers the thread when skyway was accused of constantly repeating the same complaints in every single topic made about a game he doesn't like? And he replied saying he only bitched about games he didn't like "in two or three threads max"? I would dig up the specific quote but I'm lazy.

Anyway, good times.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Xor said:
No. I phrased that poorly. I really didn't have a problem with bugs in NV.

Off the top of my head (I kept track because I had heard the game was buggy as shit), I had 3 CTDs and one quest bug where I had to load from an earlier save in about 50 hours of gameplay. That's not that bad for an unpatched RPG.

The game shipped with a bug that deleted your saves.

Xor

Arcane
Never experienced that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom